I just bought a Switch -Looking for suggestions

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just bout a Switch and Switch Lite so that my partner and I can play Pokemon together. We have Pokemon Sword and Shield. I already know of a few obvious pickups:Breath of The Wild. Mario odyssey etc. that I will buy over time. I have not had a Nintendo anything since my Gameboy Advance SP so I am feeling out of the loop. Are there any must have titles for the switch that I should look for? These can be coop or otherwise.

Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you like strategy/chess/tactics/giant monsters and cool robots, Into the Breach is a must-have. One of my most-played Switch games.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@inevpatoria: That is a good thought. I have it on PC and will consider ti for the Switch

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Casepb

Always fun to play some Mario Kart with a partner. Also can't go wrong with New Super Mario Bros. Also heard many good things about Snipperclips. The more recent game I'm still playing and enjoying is Luigi's Mansion 3, which also has co-op.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like fast mech games Daemon X Machina is pretty good. If you like strategy Fire Emblem: Three Houses. If you like action I would suggest Bayonetta 2 which is pretty solid but I would play that with a pro controller or any other controller than the default ones.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

• Ape Out
  • Golf Story
  • Tiny Metal
  • Snipperclips
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas (closest thing we'll likely get to a Star Fox game for a while)
  • Stardew Valley
  • Fast RMX
  • Tetris 99
  • Downwell
  • Dark Souls: Remastered
sakesushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might see a recurring theme here, but pick-up-and-play is very much at home on the Switch, docked or on the go. Makes it perfect for a lot of indie games that make the jump to Switch. A few of my favorites:

• Slay the Spire
  • Celeste
  • Baba Is You
  • Hollow Knight
  • Children of Morta
  • Oxenfree
  • Night in the Woods
  • Firewatch
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
ItsaCorey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splatoon 2 is a splashing good time.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steamworld Dig 2! It’s a great, highly addictive Metroidvania about digging for ore and exploring. It’s fairly short and not punishingly difficult, so it’s a great warmup game before you move onto something like Hollow Night. Not coop though AFAIK.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Twiggy199

For docked/ fun times with others:

• Heave ho Hilarity will ensue.
  • Mario Kart Speaks for itself.
  • Smash I've was never a fan of smash but get a group of people together, playing characters they all recognise and you'll have a whale of a time. (It's a new years tradition now).
  • Super Mario Party ... No comment.
  • Baba Is You I know it's single player but, a bunch of people sat around spouting random sentences ("If Wall is You and Key is Death that means we need to change Lava to Float and Tree to Pull") is kinda fucking hilarious.

For handheld mode/ fun times with yourself: