Nindies Showcase has just been announced for 3/20 9am PT/12pm ET. What are your hopes for announcements?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

Nintendo recently dropped this tweet that on 3/20 at 9am PT/12pm ET, they will be having a Nindies Showcase stream:

No Caption Provided

This is super exciting news as it seems Nintendo knows that the Switch has not only been a great platform to play old (Wii U ports) and new Nintendo Games, but a fantastic system to play indies on the go. Not to mention within a year since the Switch's initial launch, its been the home of quality indies that were either console exclusives or sold the best on the Switch such as Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story, Battle Chef Brigade and Celeste. Curious what anyone here is hoping will be announced for this stream? Here's mine:

Reasonable Hopes:

• More details on Wargroove and perhaps a release date for it.
  • More info on Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove.
  • Hollow Knight port release date (Actually Team Cherry confirmed that HK will not be featured on the Showcase, but will announce info on a release date this week)
  • Late Edit: Into the Breach port gets announced

Very Unlikely to happen, but hopeful nonetheless:

• Freedom Planet has a planned port for 2018.
  • Bounty Battle, a Platform Fighter starring indie characters, gets a release date
  • We get a Smash Trailer where it reveals 1 indie character as playable (Shovel Knight and Commander Video are the most likely picks).
  • Contradiction Spot the Liar port to Switch
Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

"Hollow Knight port release date"

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hollow Knight and Dead Cells release dates would be nice.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sigh, if you had asked me last week, I would've said Hat in Time, but now it's allegedly confirmed to not be coming. Such a shame considering it's basically a Nintendo game under a different name.

I'll join the people saying Hollow Knight. Battle Chasers Nightwar release date would be a pleasant surprise as well.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollow Knight amiibo

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A release date for Bit Trip Runner 3 pls

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MattGiersoni

Official announcements of ports of games made using GameMaker, since GameMaker 2 got switch support recently. (Undertale was already announced during the direct for example) I suspect VA-11-HALL-A will be one of them since the devs said on twitter that it's coming. Hyper Light Drifter might be another.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two things I desperately want from this direct are:

A release date for Hollow Knight.

A release date for Kentucky Route Zero.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: The release date has already been announced. It’s May 22nd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yesiamaduck: The release date has already been announced. It’s May 22nd.

Aye yes saw that shortly after, guess I will'd it into existence whilst sleeping off the beer :D

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Naoiko

Slime Rancher would be my top pick. Edit: fixed my spelling of slime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naoiko said:

Slim Rancher would be my top pick.

What is that? A game where you farm low fat ranch dressing? KAPPA

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@yesiamaduck: fixed my spelling, but ya know honestly I'd play that game. Sounds just weird enough. It would have to be a indie joint for sure though hahaha.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light Fall looks pretty dang cool, and West of Loathing looks interesting. I know I've heard the name Banner Saga before. Is it a big deal?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MocBucket62

@nicksmi56 said:Light Fall looks pretty dang cool, and West of Loathing looks interesting. I know I've heard the name Banner Saga before. Is it a big deal?

The Banner Saga series is often considered to be some of the best mobile games out there. The first one became so popular the developer eventually ported it and the second game over to Steam, PS4 and XBOX One. Never played them myself, but they're suppose to be very solid Turn Based Strategy/RPG titles.

Overall I felt the direct was hit and miss. Some Indie Announcements stood out more than others. Mark of the Ninja Remastered is a great announcement and now I'm intrigued with The Messanger, Bad North, Light Fall and even Pool Panic. I want to get excited for Bomb Chicken, but that game looks pretty basic. Well after reading up on it, maybe Bomb Chicken could be a cool puzzle platformer. Can't say I'm super excited about many of these games, but might keep an eye on them. At least all the games that were announced were games we didn't know were coming to the Switch until this stream, so at least it’s all fresh news.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Cherry tweeted they'll give a release date this week, that's something I guess. The messenger looked alright even though i'm not the biggest fan of splatformers.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I want to see Shadow Complex remastered for the Switch! Yes I realize that probably won't happen.

jace347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Hollow Knight... : (

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was a pretty good direct ^_^ I wasn't interested in everything they showed, but they had a few standouts to me.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Lumines! How come no-one has mentioned Lumines yet? It's Lumines, but on the Switch!

LUMINES!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@nicksmi56 said:

Light Fall looks pretty dang cool, and West of Loathing looks interesting. I know I've heard the name Banner Saga before. Is it a big deal?

The Banner Saga series is often considered to be some of the best mobile games out there. The first one became so popular the developer eventually ported it and the second game over to Steam, PS4 and XBOX One. Never played them myself, but they're suppose to be very solid Turn Based Strategy/RPG titles.

The Banner Saga was first released on Windows and Mac. It was later ported to basically everything else. It also has a sequel that I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Whoops, my mistake. I thought it was a hit on mobile at first and then got ported elsewhere but I was wrong. Still, the Banner Saga games are relatively popular and getting the soon to be trilogy on the Switch is a good get.