• 79 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By FrostyRyan

It'll be 250 or 300. past that is suicide.

If it's 250 with a launch 3D main mario game, I'm 100% in.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

£250 with a warehouse full of NES Classics.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may not be so crazy, maybe they launch high to rake in the early money, then drop the price in 6 months when you get to the festive period at the end of the year to get the people buying gifts to change their minds over it?

It depends on how rare the hardware is as well, by that I mean, if they have not got a lot of stock ready from manufacturing day one, then having the high price may reduce the opportunity cost they would get of selling it cheaper and selling out. I guess it depends on how they feel the supply and demand would be on this machine.

I am hoping it does well, but I think the third party support will be done on this regardless, they will have it at launch and then when people realize Nintendo games (and a handful of others) sell on Nintendo hardware, then the likes of EA, Capcom, Bethesda, et al will just leave it (or port Android based games to it if that's the OS it is using). Heck, maybe there is a market for this if they sell mobile games alongside Nintendo games at a cheap price (i.e. actual mobile prices, not "EA Mobile Racing Game - Deluxe Edition - $60!")

Just throwing this out there, I could be wrong of course.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

If it's $250 I'm totally in. $300 bundle would be fine, too, but anything more than that and I'm out.

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i've never seen a price tag at wal mart that was a whole dollar amount, 399.99 or 399.95 i can see but 399.00? that's strange ... and by strange i mean fake. that said i could see 300 or 350 (bundle) being fair price i'd jump in early for.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tyn0mite

Tomorrow's conference cannot come soon enough!!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 + 9 + 9 = 21

21 is a multiple of seven.

Stanley Kubrick.

The moon.

I think you can see where I am going with this.

I think you can see where I wm

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

In the Berenstein Bears universe the Switch is $400 but in the Berenstain universe AKA the real world it'll probably be around $250.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe they're probably going to charge over 200 for the thing, this is totally unbelievable. Like the Wal-Mart guys said, it's not hard to print a tag. Maybe if they'd shown something that was the least bit difficult to do there would be a discussion about it.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who worked at walmart for way too many years, that price very well may be just temporary. Reason being, if the system is glitched and the price is lower than expected, you don't have to worry about a massive loss. Theres a problem with too many people ringing up things earlier than they should be. Its a deterrent, really. 'The one only credible thing. Dept 5 is electronics at walmart. BUT! Its super easy to make a new tag label too" Now keep in mind. This could also be a bundle pack. They typically don't do it in stores, but walmart online almost always has bundles with launch systems. Bunch of extra accessories.

But lord, if thats not the case? This'll be another Wii U low seller. But considering the Wii U msrp 'not sales, refurbs' is still 299$, that is scary in a way. Considering used ps4 pros don't go for much more, thats business suicide. And if the Switch is 399, same thing.

299$, I think it might be alright. 249$, you've got a hot seller. 199$, it'll be wii-ps2 hard to find. Being its only the tegra x1, they would still likely make money at 199$. But this is ninty we're talking about.

There is just one, horrible mistake I hope Ninty addresses in the coming days. The wii u, needs to have a major price drop. Example- Soccer mom with yoga pants goes into walmart, sees the switch for 249$. And a wii u for 299$. The mind typically thinks the more expensive thing is better many times. Thats, a big problem.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@paulmako: That may be true, but people payed for that price because it was the "first" next gen console for Sony with the next highest graphical fidelity, plus it came with a blu ray player. This a handheld/console hybrid that is severely under powered compared to the rest of the competition and comes only with an SD slot... Putting it at an even higher price point than what the base model and bundled versions of a PS4 slim or Xbox One Slim goes for would be terrible, even if they were going to eventually knock the price down.

Like most people here have said already, for me to buy this and I think for it to be successful, they need to price it at around $249 base price and $299 for the bundle.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

$399 seems like the price you'd expect for a switch, controller, and a game. If that's the base system, Nintendo is in a hard place.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really get why people are attaching themselves so much to some of these rumours/leaks at this point. If we were in a complete drought of information with nothing in sight I could understand but in less than a day's time we are going to get a major official info blowout on this whole thing.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

$400 for old ass hardware? Nah.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It'll be 250 or 300. past that is suicide.

If it's 250 with a launch 3D main mario game, I'm 100% in.

Agreed.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

300 is the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for this thing. Let's be real here: the thing is a tablet that plugs into your TV and has a controller. I'm excited for the unification of Nintendo's console and handheld markets (fingers crossed that's what actually happens), but they would be insane to charge more than 300 for this hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5879d8de147fe
deactivated-5879d8de147fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw this and had to check it out for myself. I'm hoping it's just a placeholder price or some crazy bundle, that is more than I am willing to pay.

No Caption Provided
vstag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I work at Wal-Mart and I can tell you that its fake. It might end up being that price, but that pic is a fake. They are using the wrong label and nothing I am aware of is listed as pre sell. We also don't print tags out until the day of or shortly before release.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the price is true then they better have something impressive to justify it. Otherwise they are going to have a weak launch.

$350 would be palatable. $300 even better. $250 day one purchase.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wish people talking about other subjects were as good as dismissing obvious fake shit as video game fans are. Though I guess we've had a lot more experience dealing with it.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

That's way too much, but we'll see tonight, I guess.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Hunter5024

Even if it is legit, I wouldn't be surprised if there are multiple versions, and that's the more expensive of the two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never even considered that it might be that expensive. And I kind of doubt it if it is based on the Nvidida Shield tablet which is $200. We'll see!

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really get why people are attaching themselves so much to some of these rumours/leaks at this point. If we were in a complete drought of information with nothing in sight I could understand but in less than a day's time we are going to get a major official info blowout on this whole thing.

Like a lot of things, strange bedfellows. People that genuinely care, perhaps too much, that can't help themselves, and people that care but want to tear things down so any bad news is good news.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

callin it as i originally did- this thing's gonna be 3 hundo. start high and work your way low. 250 seems optimistic.

4 hundo is a no go.

COUNT IT.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#79  Edited By big_jon

Uhg it's 400 Canadian. I was so into that mario trailer I was actually thinking about getting the switch with suprized me, but at 400$ it'll be awhile

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@big_jon: No pricethread is ever complete without someone whining on Canadian dollars :)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@rethla: yep, same could be said for whining about the American cost.

JordoST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers