What accessories have you bought?

• 65 results
LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a little curious after peroozing the Switch section at a local store, besides extra joy-cons have you guys picked up anything else?

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Haven't received it yet but Pro Controller.

In the future I will be getting a 2nd dock.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bigsocrates  Online

I got a pro controller.

Holy moley it is basically an Xbox One controller. There are some differences (I'm not sure if the Switch controller's triggers are analog, and the buttons are different with a different press action) but I can't remember the last time two major console controllers were so similar (I understand that the switch's 'main' controller is actually the joycons, but I'm basically leaving them docked as permanent fixtures.) It sits in the hand almost exactly like an Xbox controller and the analog sticks are similarly placed with similar action (though they are slightly differently shaped.)

Is it worth $70? Definitely not. You can get an Xbox One controller for $30 right now! But it's a very solid controller and I want to play Zelda with something I actually like using, so what're you going to do?

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got a screen protector and a Pro Controller.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a case and a tempered glass screen protector.

I'm tempted by the Pro Controller but the JoyCons work fine for me. I have above average but skinny hands, so maybe that's why.

The main benefits I see with the Pro Controller is that I can always leave the JoyCons attached to the Switch and it has a real dpad.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have any yet, but I'm going to get a Pro Controller, screen protector, and a case.

traglin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By traglin

Planning on the pro controller at some point, but for what it's worth I've put 2-3 hours into Zelda exclusively on the tablet and haven't had much of a problem at all. And I definitely have larger than average hands.

Other than that, I ordered the Zelda soft case simply to have something to put it in so it doesn't scratch when I throw it in my bag.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I want to get a case but anything other than the first party case looks like trash. I loath screen protectors as they always make screens look like crap but I really don't want to damage this screen...

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sfw44 said:

I don't have any yet, but I'm going to get a Pro Controller, screen protector, and a case.

Most likely going the same route, though still on the fence about the pro controller.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I bought that official case I guess? Still haven't fitted the screen protector though. When I move and actually hook the dock up to a TV more permanently I'll definitely get the Pro Controller to play Zelda on. But for now I'm either doing 2 player with the joycons or playing handheld on the device itself.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got an SD card and a Zelda carrying case for the tablet and games. No pro controller yet, but I do plan on picking one up eventually.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My Switch is still in the mail, but I haven't bought any accessories for it. I'll probably get an SD card once I need one. Everything else is just absurdly overpriced. I like the look of the pro controller, but I'm not paying $90 (Canadian) for a standard controller, especially when I could get an Xbox or PS4 controller for between $50-$60.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Need to get a case, I might get 2 joycon so I can match the neon controllers and have comfier 2 player on the go as well as 4 player open up to me.

I'm umming and arring about the pro controller as I actually like the feel of the joycon grip but miss a dpad.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WynnDuffy

@alistercat said:

I want to get a case but anything other than the first party case looks like trash. I loath screen protectors as they always make screens look like crap but I really don't want to damage this screen...

You should get a tempered glass one, they really don't hinder screen quality at all.

I would say it is a requirement for this device, it has a pretty big screen and it uses plastic (so dumb).

I want a Pro Controller to have a dpad but I am going to wait for a price drop, deal, or buy the cheaper wired Hori pad coming out soon.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't received it yet but Pro Controller.

In the future I will be getting a 2nd dock.

I was considering getting a spare dock as well, but I am going to hold off now after seeing several reports of how the dock has scratched or could potentially scratch the system. I will hold off for the inevitable re-design.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a case and a tempered glass screen protector.

I'm tempted by the Pro Controller but the JoyCons work fine for me. I have above average but skinny hands, so maybe that's why.

The main benefits I see with the Pro Controller is that I can always leave the JoyCons attached to the Switch and it has a real dpad.

This is the main reason I got the Pro Controller. Aside from that, I got a carrying case. I'll probably get another set of Joy-Cons at some point, but they're pretty expensive.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have a decent screen protector? Wanted a carrying case as well.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got a case and a Pro Controller. They both are pretty nice. Although, I wish that USB they have with the controller was like 3X as long as it is.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ripelivejam

anyone else other than me buy the fucking charge grip? i'm returning it, was a dumb impulse when i could only get one pro controller and my friend desperately wanted one and i decided to be nice.

other than that the official case (which fits way too loosely though i need something i guess), screen protector i still need to put on and a bunch of stuff i decided to get to try to cobble together some sort of soft lining inside the switch dock (double sided tape and some thin microfiber cloth)

Skoodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the charging grip, pro controller, neon joy-cons, and a gigabit lan adapter.

Rabbipie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro controller - best controller I've personally used. Given the tech held with in and it's comfort worth every penny.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Grimluck343

Also picked up a pro controller, didn't have much of a choice with the joy con constantly desyncing.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a case, screen protector, SD card, pro controller and extra AC adapter.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro controller and a san disk micro SD card.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SD card, pro controller and a case.

guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Haven't gotten anything yet, but I'll get a Pro Controller and a second dock in the future. Maybe a carrying case, depending on what's gonna happen with the 3DS in the future.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you guys don't have a Pro Controller yet, I highly recommend it. Easily worth the money.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By squiDc00kiE

I wanted to buy a Pro Controller but no one had any in stock near me. So far tho I don't mind the joy-con grip. Its close yes, but not as bad as I thought it would be based on what other people were saying.

DrOf1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DrOf1337

Bought the case, screen protector and the charging grip but I have remorse for not purchasing the Pro Controller. I dont really like using the Joycon in the grip for extended periods as it feels a bit cramped. It's fine in a pinch and as a second controller though.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By YoThatLimp

I wish I could find a decent case, i have the mario themed black/gray nintendo case and the fit is good, but there aren't pockets or straps for the wrist straps and I'm worried about them rolling around in there. All the other cases I've found are way to wide and the system slides around, I'm worried about that plastic screen being scratched by something.

I bought a 200gb microSD card, oddly enough I have disgustingly large hands but think the Joycons are OK.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#32 sweep  Moderator

I'll buy a case as soon as I can find somewhere in Singapore selling them. I'm not buying a screen protector because they look worse than the scratches.

I haven't had a Nintendo console in a while... Do I need an amiibo or some fucken' thing?

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a case arriving in a day or two. Bought a screen protector and also a separate charging cable so I can charge at work/in car/away with work.

I would like a Pro Controller but I also need to, y'now, eat.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. I should probably buy that pro controller but it's pretty damn expensive and the grip + joy-con combo, while a bit small, works pretty well for Zelda but i could see it not be as comfortable for something like Mario.

TheOliveG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a pro controller. I love the way it feels in my hand but not sure if I loved the huge price tag. Also got a case since I'll be hauling it around with me and SD card so I won't have to manage carts, just download games.

I'm not a fan of screen protectors so I hope the case is good enough on its own, though it feels too thick.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I picked it up with a Pro Controller. Will probably get an SD card when there is more than 20 GBs worth of software worth downloading. Also maybe a carrying case at some point

traglin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By traglin

Bringing this back to wholeheartedly suggest the amFilm tempered glass screen protector. They seem to finally be coming back in stock, and I got mine today after using a pretty awful film one for the first couple of weeks. They give you two in the box and I messed my first one up (user error, it seems, not product), but the second one is perfect. If you do the hot shower trick and are diligent about cleaning your screen, you can get it on with literally zero bubbles, which sets my OCD heart at ease. If you're worried about scratching/want to upgrade the protector you already have, this is my vote.

superdomino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-controller and a non branded leather case. I hate the idea of having mario or zelda plastered all over it. Aside from the obvious indicator that "hey there's an expensive thing in here to steal" i've just always hated branded gaming stuff.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frytup

Got a pro controller (basically a comfort necessity for me) and stuck in a 32GB SD card I had sitting around. Might get a travel case at some point, but haven't had a reason to take the Switch out of my house yet.

Oh... and I stuck a couple of pieces of packing tape on the inside of the dock. This prevents the smudges caused by the little rubber dock inserts, and no scratches yet.

Avatar image for theegravedigger
TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Case and pro controller.

However, since I already had some really nice portable batteries and USB-C cables/chargers, I can use those with the Switch.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a case arriving in a day or two. Bought a screen protector and also a separate charging cable so I can charge at work/in car/away with work.

I would like a Pro Controller but I also need to, y'now, eat.

I actually got a Pro Controller 10 days ago. It is still in its box. I only ever seem to play out of the dock.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RetroMetal

The Pro Controller really is great, and I think the battery literally lasts forever.

I swapped out the plastic sheet screen protector for a glass one that IGN recommended and holy crap the difference is amazing.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HermanBloom

Oh I am sure it's good. Just that right now I am playing at lunchtime with work, and then at home upstairs whilst settling a newborn. So it's a bit of a waste for me given the circumstances. Didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be using the console on my TV much (if at all).

Julie_li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A tempered glass screen protector, Just bought this screen protector: https://goo.gl/hDA4tk

Just got it [2 Pack] and definitely worth the money!

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Obviously buy a screen protector. Other than that, I'm very happy with my pro controller, a 128gb sd card, and a carrying case. want one more controller for 4 player shenanigans but they're just too expensive.

HEKOKIMARU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HEKOKIMARU

Screen protector, going to buy a case and thumb grip.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought a case, screen protector and a Pro controller. I really want a second dock, but in no way can justify spending $120 (Canadian) plus tax on one.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ben_H

I bought a carrying case and a couple USB C cords. This is the first console I've bought accessories outside of controllers for in a very long time.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nicksmi56

I got a case and 2 Mario Kart wheels from my bundle. The only one I actually wanted was the case.