Explorer's Edition

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dr_monocle

So, I had kind of started to lose hope in getting that Explorer's Edition of the game that got repeatedly pushed back, but I received an email yesterday from iam8bit saying that it had shipped! Lo and behold there was a package delivered early this afternoon with my long-awaited goods. I'll try to edit the pics into this later if I can, but the model has good heft to it and nice painted dirt and grime. I haven't tested the pen in space (yet!) but it writes just fine on my desk. Sticker pack and traveler's log are there (haven't opened them yet). The box itself is pretty-I really liked a lot of the art associated with this game. I can't really decide right now if it was worth the time and $150. Maybe? I'm just glad that it actually came and is in one piece.

Edit: Sorry the picture quality is shitty.

That sure is a pin
That sure is a pin

Not sure why this is upside down  when I upload, but there's no up in space, right?
Not sure why this is upside down when I upload, but there's no up in space, right?
Dunno when I'm ever gonna use these, but they're there
Dunno when I'm ever gonna use these, but they're there
That sure is a pen
That sure is a pen

And the box it rode in on (in)
And the box it rode in on (in)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dr_monocle: Id make sure to keep it in good condition. Seems like it could become a dumb collector's item down the line.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: Yeah, I'm just taking stuff out to make sure everything is good and then back in the box it goes!

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

You paid $150 for a pin and a pen and a figurine and some stickers and they made you wait five months?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@icemael said:

You paid $150 for a pin and a pen and a figurine and some stickers and they made you wait five months?

I mean, the pin is kind of nice.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So did you not even get the game or was that sent first?

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: When I purchased it (in April-ish) they gave me the option for a Steam or GOG key. That was sent day of release.

@ssully said:
@icemael said:

I mean, the pin is kind of nice.

It is! Also, humans take 9 months to make. Now that's a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icemael said:

Apparently, iam8bit has had some trouble with releasing stuff lately. I was hearing a lot of negative things when they did their Rez Infinite release.