Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Welcome fellow space travelers. This thread is a place for people to share any pictures\videos\stories collected during your No Man's Sky induced wanderlust.

-Post pictures of the alien worlds you make landfall on and tell us what you name them.

-Post videos of you exploring cave systems or ruins.

-Catalog the names of the flora and fauna you discover.

-Tell stories about any mysterious anomalies you find.

-Show us around your space craft.

*the only thing I ask you not to do is if\when you make it to the centre of the universe please do not spoil what is there for the rest of us. We will all make it in due time.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Planet: Hawkings

System: The Upsidedown

My very first planet that I woke up on was a desolate and creepy place. It was full of strange plants and you can't quite see it in the screenshot but weird spores drift through the air constantly so naturally I named the planet Hawkings in the Upsidedown System. It's easy to travel during the night but if you are outside during the day the sun burns a hole right in to me so I have to hide out in my ship to recover. It actually kind of reminds me of Morrowind in a way. No organic life found so far but I will let you know when\if I find any.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

With further exploration of Hawkings I find a monolith called the Ruins of Nanuscawar-Arph but I'm just going to call it the Eye of Gek. The Eye was reanimating some undead creature that I put out of it's misery. I have discovered a few lifeforms now. Some ugly goat looking thing that I have named "Pittgoat" (beacuse it looks like across between a pit bull and a goat) and a larger creature that I have named the "Duckbilled Yak".

Avatar image for deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6
deactivated-5daa2dc0c43a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently found a mysterious anomaly where my proton cannons on my new starship are staying at 0% and not letting me charge them. I was wondering if any other fellow explorers have come across this because it's a pretty big bummer.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marco724: Interesting. No I've not came across something like that yet.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

So is anybody other than me actually playing this game for the fun of it or does everybody just want to bitch about the meta?

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been enjoying this game a lot, not sure what others were expecting but exploring the universe has been fun for me.

Current planet I'm on has some really strange looking animals, they look like blobs with tentacles or like red plants. On one planet I found an animal that looked like a diglett.

The loop of going to new planets finding new things and item upgrades then finding resources to make them is fun for me.

Also the music is pretty great.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrflibble: Yeah I agree. Just the sheer act of discovery is enjoyable to me.

What did you name your weird tentacle blobs?

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By avantegardener

I confess I haven't played the game, but a sort 'galactic instagram' would be a nice in-game addition for No Mans Sky, considering its primary gameplay mechanism is exploration. You could frame as it a sort of captains logs, record new life and catalogue your adventures.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jonny_anonymous: Purple thing and Not a Plant, I'm pretty literal when I name things.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LeStephan

People who are not nagging about the meta are just too busy playing Jonny ;p

I normally have a hard time enjoying open ended videogames but Im having an absolute blast with NMS, so relaxing, I could just spent hours marinating in the vibes. Maybe 10-15 hours in so far. Im having a hard time naming stuff though, theres soooooooo much to give a name to. My first couple of planets were all kinda barren ALL with either buffalo like creatures or land jellyfish but by now I've come across planets with flying eels and elephant feet with antelope heads on top haha havent named either yet btw.

I found a small system where every planet was beautiful, lush and peacefull and called it ChillX9. One planet in ChillX9 had baked weather and tons of plants&animals so that became Baked Paradise.

I also named something a Flatfaced Buffalowfrog and Horned Buffalowfrog which I feel was maybe a little too descriptive. Going back in right now :)

Edit: Eye of gek is an awesome name btw

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: @mrflibble: I am going to start naming planets after the Guardians of the Beams in Stephen King novels. That is after I try and fly in to a star just to see if I can do it.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LeStephan

@jonny_anonymous: Good luck! Dont try flying into atlas though. I tried, clipped trough it and was stuck on the inside of it untill I restarted(on restart I was back at the previous spacestation I visited).

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrStrangepork

I will post stuff in this thread once a take a break. Some worlds really wow me, be they barren or lush and I end up spending a lot of time there taking pics. I'm approaching the game as if it was actually me exploring so my naming convention is all over the place.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lestephan: Apparently it might take up to 6 hours to get the star so uh I might give it a miss lol

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, what do I even call this?

No Caption Provided

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@avantegardener: That's kind of what I was hoping this thread would be :(

I'll be happy to contribute once the pc version is out, I think a lot of people will be getting that despite the mixed reaction.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By avantegardener

@jonny_anonymous said:

@avantegardener: That's kind of what I was hoping this thread would be :(

Hey you are filling the void, this is the next best option :)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Planet: Shardik

System: Gan

Shardik is a bit of a dead planet, no flora or fauna and not even that much mineral and ore. However I did find the wreckage of the starship Kuwajima S74, she's not the prettiest rockhopper I've seen but she has a lot more storage than I currently have.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I, under the PSNID I_NoScoped_Bambi, have explored many planets (all of which I have dubbed "Dumb Planet") in many systems ("Dumb System"), on which I have found many "Dumb Plant"s and "Dumb Rock"s containing valuable materials to craft new gear to better explore new areas and find new life, all of which is named "Bambi"

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided

The view from Ermot, moon of Shardik.

Also if there are soviets in the No Man's Sky universe then this is there ship:

No Caption Provided

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So I take it all those locked doors can only be accessed in the later game?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have found a gold mine of a planet. I called the system "Data Easr" (was supposed to be Data East but typo'd it up) and the first planet I visited in this system I called "Karnov". From a distance Karnov looked pretty Earth-like but once I landed I realized it was a rocky, waterless planet with limited sentinels, pretty underwhelming at first blush. Upon further inspection you can see pillars of gold spotting the landscape and the sentinels don't give a fuck but it gets better! The cave systems are FILLED with these Vortex Cubes that sell for 25k a piece.

There's a settlement with a trading terminal right by the mouth of a cave where I have been running in, grabbing as many cubes as I can and running back to sell them. I'm going to be farming on this planet for quite some time.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Been learning about the Vy'keen's history and language. Managed to find over 100 words so far but still need way more! Seeing as I spurned Atlas twice and ignored it when I happened back across the distress signal on a return trip to my starting planet, I think right now I'm gonna be all about getting that lore and language. After the Space Vikings, I suppose the Gek and Korvax (and probably a few Atlas words along the way too). Not sure if there are any others. Doesn't seem like it, but who knows.

Learning more about the Vy'keen and their past, I'm starting to wonder if the Sentinels are actually separate to some degree from Atlas. I dunno why, I just assumed the giant space god was the leader of the universal robot police. That's totally what Atlas is right? I haven't really fought any Sentinels yet, but now that I'm pretty chummy with the Vy'keen maybe I'll lean into their whole infinite war thing. Chummy enough pull rank on that interrogation encounter and get the dude to fuck right off and gimmie some goods for the trouble. Really wanna meet some Korvax though.

Also got some gear from some unknown benefactor. There were two names mentioned. Nana or something. Not sure what's up with them, but I'm really curious about how this game goes about delivering any kind of story.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Planet: Akela

System: Bessa

I took run to the next system over and the first planet I came across I named Akela. Much like Shardik the planet was pretty much a desolate wasteland with no flora or fauna and the sentinels were pretty much nonexistent (although I did see them lurking in the distance). However UNlike Shardik Akela was a mineral and ore goldmine and I mean that literally, thar's gold in them there hills! So as I was mining as much gold as I could carry I came across a distress signal that led me to a crashed starship, as I was investigating it I found out that it was attacked by persons unknown while it was trying to take off so I upped its distress beacon as a warning to other travelers. Once I was full of gold I had to make a decision between selling my stuff at the nearby outpost OR flying back to the space station so I could shop around and make more units. I decided on going back to the station. Big mistake. I had just left Akela's atmosphere when I got five blips on my radar and next thing you know I was swarmed by fucking pirates. I took out two and tried to run from the rest but my rig isn't made for this shit and they ended me. Fucking pirates.

I like to think the same thing that happened to me was what happened to the crashed ship on Akela. The pirates know there is a shit ton of gold down there but they either don't have the gear to dig it out or they are just lazy so instead they wait for people like me to do the hard work and they jack their cargo when they try and leave. Hopefully I can retrieve my cargo without getting stuck up.

ragnarok7038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pezen

I found a planet with bouncing mushrooms and bushes I could feed iron, I'll post photos (and a summary of my system) of that fever dream later. So far my system contains a huge variety. Can't wait to see what else is out there.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Shadow

@citizencoffeecake: I ran into that too last night. Gold pilars, vortex cubes everywhere. Glad I mined the hell out of an emeril-filled planet earlier in the night and got my exosuit to have 36 slots

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pezen said:

I found a planet with bouncing mushrooms

Last night I met what amounted to a "jack-in-the-box" worm [Sproing].

It was not the weirdest thing I've seen, but one of the more entertaining.

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By n00bs7ay3r
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n00bs7ay3r: Like a teletubby reenvisioned by Guillermo Del Toro

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

biggest animal I've found yet. Same creature in both pics. In second pic you can see its has large has building.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Planet: Desire

System: Time

Nothing that exciting other than I love this middle eastern style Korvax ruin. Also after wandering the planet for about 30 min I found this one random creature that was like half giant crab half giant mantis that I named a Dreugh. It's the only one of it's kind I've been able to find so far and damn was it shy, every time I tried to take a picture of it from the front it would turn away.

CycloneDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@jonny_anonymous
: Uhhh weird... On my third planet I seem to have found almost the exact same creature, just missing some claws, along with what I guess is the other gender. I made friends with them though, resulting in some good shots, I think. I named them Hermit's Mantis/Hermit's Bug. Creative, I know...

So yeah, I guess we're already starting to see the different parts the game is using. I wonder what the likelihood of finding something this similar is. Let's see what else this thread brings up I guess.

By the way, I also found some sky snakes on the same planet, which I flew around with for a while. I really like that planet.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@cyclonede: This is why I couldn't wait for the game to release even if I figured I wasn't going to buy it; I get enough of a kick out of just seeing what other people find.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Planet: Mordor

Moons: Melkor and Mairon

System: Ea

For whatever reason all the buildings on the planet Mordor are infected with this gross fungus stuff, some of it has tentacles that whip you if you get too close. The second shot is the view from Melkor moon of Mordor.

@cyclonede That's kind of disappointing that we both found a creature that's pretty much the exact same. It would be so bad if they were at least different sizes. All I want to find is a giant sand worm. It's all I want.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Pretty glad to see that the procedural generation throws all logic out the window for animal creations. Look at this creature, the AI was glitching when I found it and this guy was trying to walk through those rocks. Amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like this game a lot.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I've upgraded my ship twice in roughly the first 6 hours, to the tune of about 850k units. When I saw this quarter-TIE-fighter job here, I knew I had to have it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@xanadu said:

Look at this creature, the AI was glitching when I found it and this guy was trying to walk through those rocks. Amazing.

So majestic.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Planet: Jurassic Park On Ice

Weather conditions were extremely cold, so I landed here once before and realized that I needed to fill out my suit bluprint to better protect myself from the extreme conditions. What made me want to come back is because it looked like there was a lot of lifeforms for me to go discover.

Most lifeforms were big T-Rex looking creatures (bottom right picture). But there was also these giant dinosaur guys floating around with tiny little butterfly wings. There's also these brain-like creatures just floating around everywhere.

This place was a goldmine with plenty of Gold and floating Copper rocks. Also, I found five (FIVE) armor upgrade stations so I left the planet with way more space in my suit than when I entered it.

Overall, there are plenty of awards to be found here, but the weather conditions make it a bit rough to do too much of anything for too long because there are no caves in sight.

Rating: 7/10

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Oh my god, it's full of stars...