So these Steam reviews

• 178 results
nycnewyork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

acording to TB yes its arkham night 2.0 stay away, stay very far away.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now I feel better about being impatient.

zimlorog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure seems like it.

I can't even get 30fps, but DOOM runs perfectly.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but wouldn't all those 'reviews' be without having played the game at all (on a PC)? I thought it unlocked an hour from now (1PMEST) and wasn't available for pre-load so you would have to wait however long your internet takes to download its file size after that time.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

so is it actually broken or are these just people down on the game for one thing or another?

Edit: okay after taking a quick peek it sounds like most people are reporting it runs like total shit which is a HUGE bummer.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

I'm sure I already know the answer to this question, but wouldn't all those 'reviews' be without having played the game at all (on a PC)? I thought it unlocked an hour from now (1PMEST) and wasn't available for pre-load so you would have to wait however long your internet takes to download its file size after that time.

It's 2:15 PM EST right now.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

What's the common complaint right now? Straight up broken or not what I wanted reviews?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so is it actually broken or are these just people down on the game for one thing or another?

I mean it's a tidal wave of 'Wow this runs like shit on my pretty rad computer!" so I'd be concerned at least.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(I have not played the game nor do I own it so this is all third hand information.)

Lots of stuttering and framerate complaints, which might be fixable by disabling V-Sync and some other options apparently.

Other people can't get it to launch.

happy_chickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I can get the game to actually launch it runs like shit with my GTX 980Ti. Arkham Knight all over again. STAY AWAY!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@nightriff: thought the same thing but a quick look at the reviews will answer your question. Seems like people don't know whether it's what they wanted or not because it doesn't work. Quite a shame.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Man, that is a bummer for all involved, not least of all Hello Games, main feedback in for the PC release is a lack of optimisation, which compared to the playstation is like try to hit a spinning dartboard. Hopefully there is some patch on the horizon.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By pickassoreborn

Makes me sad that this isn't a surprise. PC gamers rarely get love on their versions these days. I was going to get it on PC but definitely holding back now.

Also hearing it's very crashy.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Yea, I did the regional math wrong and thought I was an hour ahead of eastern in the CST, not behind for some silly reason. After 27 years you'd think I know my time zone math...

Avatar image for thunderstorm101
thunderstorm101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just loaded mine up, the first 5 min is realllllllly hitchy, then it calms down a bit but the frame rate does randomly stutter occasionally

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Total Biscuit just rage quit on his stream due to the game running like hot garbage.

This looks like it will be a worse situation than Arkham Knight.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also it hates you alt tabbing :'(

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WesternWizard

So the question is are the positive reviews the subset of people for who the game runs like not-crap, or people defending the game anyway because they are obsessed with it and refuse to believe it even COULD be flawed? edit: assuming endedit if it is mostly people that it functions for then that means just over 1 in 4 computers that should be able to run the game reasonably actually can.

nycnewyork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish devs would just not do a pc port, if they are going to do a shity jop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to be that guy but I called it. A voxel based engine designed for consoles was bound to be difficult to port. I hope they can provide an update soon or this wil get very ugly fast. Hot mess of the year.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game HAS to win GB's disappointment of the year right? Like there is nothing else even close.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acording to TB yes its arkham night 2.0 stay away, stay very far away.

I checked his Twitter, and that seems to be the case:

What a shame.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish devs would just not do a pc port, if they are going to do a shity jop.

I kinda agree.

This'll probably sound silly but if this game was just a PS4 exclusive I would probably have picked it up and endured the small issues like low fov, horrendous draw distance etc. But now I'm going to be sitting in purchaser's limbo for a week/month/whatever hoping that the PC version gets fixed up well enough to play it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game HAS to win GB's disappointment of the year right? Like there is nothing else even close.

I doubt it? Hottest Mess if it stays all fucked up maybe.

The game itself is rad when playing a version that works.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TViddy

Couple hours in now. Took a little lunch break but it seems to run fine on my rig. 2560 x 1440. Turned off vsync. Highest graphic settings. FOV to 90. I did crash to desktop once but it started back up right away to exactly where I was. I'm enjoying what I see so far and I haven't even been off planet.

It also has full native ds4 support in case anyone was wondering.

Aethelred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From what I'm seeing the game seems to be a performance hog for no reason. I currently have the game running on my gtx 1080 completely maxed out at 1440p and have almost no issues apart from when entering a planet's atmosphere which is when performance becomes noticeably choppy.

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bummer, it absolutely scares me away from it because I have an ancient 650 Ti. And honestly this card is running practically you name it, if you're willing to put the work in, 45+ fps. But the biggest thing about this game is I feel like in the past it seemed so much more of an balanced experience between space travel and planet exploration.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4 Master Race

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm listening to Jeff's story on the beastcast and I'm like ok, getting home from work in 5 minutes, whatever let's buy this I need it now. I do have a ps4, but it's pc all the way for me for any game that is on pc as well(3570k and a 1070) and now it's a disappointing wait till the pc version isn't hot garbage.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By mostman

Brand new rig here. GTX 1080. Default settings had me running locked at 22 fps. I turned off the frame limiter and turned off vsync, and then got 130fps. With either of these settings on, it's hot garbage. I can't imagine how it is for 700 series and below cards.

Then, the 130fps doesn't stick. Just standing still I drop down to 50-60 occasionally. On a 1080. 1080p resolution. Oh, also, it looks like total shit. I mean, game jam we threw these textures together in 30 minutes, bad. It hurts your eyes to play the game. Everything is blurry and fuzzy and awful.

Don't buy this game. The loop, from what I played, is totally fun and promising but short of getting a massive "way better now!" patch, the game should be avoided.

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cid798

@mostman said:

Brand new rig here. GTX 1080. Default settings had me running locked at 22 fps. I turned off the frame limiter and turned off vsync, and then got 130fps. With either of these settings on, it's hot garbage. I can't imagine how it is for 700 series and below cards.

Then, the 130fps doesn't stick. Just standing still I drop down to 50-60 occasionally. On a 1080. 1080p resolution. Oh, also, it looks like total shit. I mean, game jam we threw these textures together in 30 minutes, bad. It hurts your eyes to play the game. Everything is blurry and fuzzy and awful.

Don't buy this game. The loop, from what I played, is totally fun and promising but short of getting a massive "way better now!" patch, the game should be avoided.

This is similar to what I mean. What even I can get out of with games and my 650 ti, every thing i've seen in regards to this game being played at release looks bad.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I solved my performance issues by disabling Vsync and setting FPS to max, then turning on Vsync and triple buffering on for NMS inside the Nvidia control panel. I suspect I am brute forcing a solid 60 with sheer hardware power, but it's solved the issue for me. If you're way above spec give this a go.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'm not surprised that there are issues, and I'm glad I dropped my preorder earlier today.

That said, TB is blowing this way out of proportion here as he usually does (I can't stand the prick personally). AK was a mess because of being broken at launch AND taking months to fix. I'd hope Hello Games would be all over fixing this all things considered.

That said, not surprised since we're back in all PC ports tend to be butt timelines.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly i have noticed quite a few games recently having issues with Vsync, doom was one for me as well. Also i don't understand why tripple buffering isn't just a standard? Is it harder to do in dx rather than open gl or something?

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now I'm wondering if I should just get my refund as soon as I get home I don't know if my HD 7950 stands a chance

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ripelivejam

the specs they posted seemed pretty low.

sad my bday $50 will either have to wait for a near future fix or maybe go towards starbound and some other crap

i don't trust steam reviews at all generally though. it just sounds like white noise from a bunch of slavering wolves most of the time unless something is 100% perfect and under $15.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#39  Edited By Cirdain

Runs great on my brother's pretty good pc and he's very happy :)

Hope other people's issues can get sorted out eventually. It looks really chill and the SSAAx4 is so crisp.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:
@kishinfoulux said:

I doubt it? Hottest Mess if it stays all fucked up maybe.

The game itself is rad when playing a version that works.

Yep, if I remember right they praised Arkham Knight (as much as they were wont to do) but called it Hottest Mess (right?) because of how long it took for the PC version to work (almost the entire year, right?)

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#41  Edited By Cirdain

@nodima: About how long it took to fix. They stopped trying to "fix" it because - I think - it couldn't be "optimised" well from its modified frankenstein's monster version of Unreal Engine 3. It will never be "fixed".

They did try very hard though, bless them :)

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Well, it just downloaded, so I guess I'll see if it "runs fine for me".

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I tried this, but my monitor is 120hz and so it still goes from 120 to 90 occasionally, which causes stutter. I'm going to try and just play on my TV through my steam link which will force 60fps. Maybe then it'll be ok.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@mostman: Yeah, probably wouldn't work for anything over 60. Sorry about that.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Guess I'll at least try it out when I get home from work, its installed and ready to go. Thank God for Steam refunds!

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l33t_haxor: My play clock is at 118 minutes. Decision time :)

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aethelred: That's such a silly opinion to have. Just because people are having a negative experience that doesn't negate people's positive experience, both should be heard.

There main issue is stuttering and framerate drops which are unfortunate, but are far far far from "Arkham Knight 2.0". The hyperbole around this game meant that any minor issues were going to be met with controversy. It's a shame to see that attitude extended to these forums.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avantegardener: I mean... lack of optimisation is one thing, but considering plenty of people play on PC's about 5 times better than a PS4 hardware-wise, it is... kind of crazy that on the absolute minimum settings that a powerful PC can't just brute force and get a steady framerate.

I usually roll my eyes at steam reviews, but this one made me chuckle: "You're severely wrong about the minimum system requirements, replace them with this:

Minimum-

A computer made by Jesus Christ Himself but it'll still struggle to hit 20 fps"

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No? If an inconsistent framerate on a game that has been out for three hours is the worst thing to happen this year then we should all be so lucky

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know it runs fine for me. I have a GTX 970, 8 gigs DDR3, and an I7 4770k. It's also installed on an SSD. I get a smooth 60 fps with occasional dips when loading is happening. Which is only really noticeable when driving my ship around. I capped the frame rate to 60 and turned Vsync off. I also turned texture settings down from Ultra to High.