@farleyslundgren: This probably sounds super sketchy, but if you browse to http://22.214.171.124:8080/public/top you get asked to log in to spotify & accept that this 'managemymusic' acccount checks your account for top artists, top songs etc. That's what i used for my list here. Sadly, it doesn't seem to showcase the all-time most listened to songs, but it did show me my fav artists overall & a bunch of recent activity. Spotify.me has a page that shows you some stats as well, but doesn't give you a list of your fav songs neither.
- The Smiths
- The Strokes
- Arctic Monkeys
- Ariel Pink
If i have to make an educated guess on which songs i listened to the most it would probably be
1. Karma Police
2. There's a light that never goes out
3. The Straight & Narrow
5. Hard To Explain
8. Map of the Problematique
9. The Heinrich Maneuver
10. Round & Round
Since I started listening to music, I've used too many different programs for listening to music and reset that number too many times to give you an accurate number.
...but I'll see if Google Play keeps up with this.
Black Crown Initiate's Selves We Cannot Forgive has been a staple of mine for a little while now and I listened to Polyphia's Renaissance until I was sick of it.
In reality, I've probably listened to Opeth's Blackwater Park (the whole album, not just the song) way more times than anything in that list, August Burns Red's Messengers has been in and out of my listening rotation since high school, there's a lot of Death in there somewhere, I love Ne Obliviscaris's Portal of I album and parts of Citadel are amazing too. Alter Bridge's Blackbird has also been a staple since high school.
Basically I like a lot of hard rock and prog metal.
EDIT: So what I posted above doesn't seem to keep track of what I listen to on my phone, which is a shame because I'm sure that list would be very different. It's not that I'm ashamed of the list or anything, just that it isn't representative of my listening habits, not since a few years ago at least.
Looks like my top 10 artists are
- Aphex Twin
- Cloud Rat
- Title Fight
- A Tribe Called Quest
- Helena Espvall
Top 10 songs
- Metz, Sad Pricks
- Dope Body, Repo Man
- Boards of Canada, Everything You Do Is A Balloon
- Hot Snakes, I Need a Doctor
- Aphex Twin, T69 collapse
- UXO, Bitter
- True Widow, Blooden Horse
- Weed, Gun Shy
- Hammerhead, The Starline Locomotive
- Bummer, Dude Baby
I still use MP3's so i don't have a ready made list, but i can guess what tracks i've listened to the most (not necessarily my favourite songs of all time).
Tool - Right in Two
Injected - Bullet
Mudvayne - Nothing to Gein
Toska - Chalk Teeth (this list should probably be mostly tracks from Toska)
Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut
Audioslave - Show Me How to Live
Alice in Chains - Low Ceiling
Frank Klepacki - Hell March
Sevendust - Shine
Skindred - Living a Lie
I never consistently listen to the same media player so I don't have a good record. But here's my best guess as to my top listens. I don't know about individual tracks, so I'll put albums.
- Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
- Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs
- Regina Spektor - Far
- The Kinks - Something Else By The Kinks
- Paul Simon - Graceland
- Radiohead - Kid A
- Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
- Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
- DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
- Inside Llewyn Davis OST
Edit: Forgot Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs. That has to be on there somewhere...
12 Most Played of 2018:
- Aphex Twin - Vordhosbn (this is my go-to track for inspiration making complex beats, or as a reference when mastering, so I'm not surprised)
- Danny Elfman - The Grand Finale
- Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
- Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge - Enemies All Around Me
- Bjork - All is Full of Love
- Arca - Wound
- Janelle Monae - Sir Greendown
- Moses Sumney - Don't Bother Calling
- Frank Ocean - Sierra Leone
- Smashing Pumpkins - Rocket (I expected,"Tonight, Tonight," or, "Thirty-Three," but Spotify says it was Rocket by a landslide.)
- Mastodon - The Czar (I expected, "Capillarian Crest.")
- Muse - Ruled by Secrecy
Please Log In to post.