2018 Basketpuck (NHL/NBA) Playoffs Thread

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

Because the forums barely have enough active posters non-wrestling sports talk I'm making the radical decision to merge both playoff threads into one this year. Probably a bad idea but someone's gotta do it. I'll update this sparingly so if anyone prefers a dedicated thread for one or the other please speak up now. Otherwise, consider this your hub for info on the general state of the playoffs of sports that should have their seasons cut in half to save us all time and anguish.

No Caption Provided

Cleveland might have slipped down the rankings over the second half of the season but with LeBron's endless voodoo magic they'll find a way back on top, especially since almost every other team in the East is currently going down in flames except for Philly. Meanwhile, the Rockets might actually take the West if the Dubs can't play up to their usual level. Maybe the Spurs will make things interesting, or maybe the Portland Damian Lillards will somehow shock everyone. I'm going to say Houston/Cleveland in the finals and the Cavs take the trophy in 7. Watch me be completely wrong.

No Caption Provided

I want to say Nashville and Pittsburgh will end up in the cup but with the way Vegas just keeps, fucking, winning, I wouldn't be surprised if they just force every single person who doubted them (including me) to eat an entire plate of shit this year and skate away with the Cup over the Penguins. I just know that the Caps are going to choke in Game 7 to the fucking Pens again, as is tradition at this point.

Place your bets, everyone, and drive home safe.

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nashville is the clear favorite to come out of the West. East is a lot tougher to pick. Could see the Penguins, the Bruins, or the Lightning coming out of the East.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Knicks are a terrible organization. That's all I have to contribute.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who watches every Warriors game, I can report they look baaaaad right now. One round and out is a distinct possibility, but the Spurs would have to play a bit better than I think they can.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Timberbuuulllllllsssss!!!!

Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Welis

Preds and Bruins for the cup with hopefully my preds taking it. A lot of close matchups along the road but I just want to see Nashville take the lot. Redemption for falling short last year

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Pacers have been good all season and they finally had a chance to showcase it on Sunday. They played Cleveland perfectly: single cover LeBron and stalk the passing lanes. Made it hard for him to set up teammates and then stick to shooters. LeBron can get a triple double but without help the Cavs can't win. Oladipo was the best player on the court in game 1 and he played both ends.

purpington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/986446359971680256

obese_chipmunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Leafs go but if they have to lose to the Bruins again, then please don't be in Game 7 when they're up 4-1 in the third period and then lose 5-4 in overtime...

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow! the Cavs (besides LBJ) are complete garbage. No one is reliable on that team to score in the double digits. Ty Lue is dreadful too, hasn’t really figured out what to do all season.

pinefresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My voice is still incredibly fucked up from screaming about hockey for hours at the outdoor party in Winnipeg on Friday. Holy shit, it was amazing. Go Jets.

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caps are going to beat the Pens this year. Jets are going to upset the Preds

Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish we could merge this thread into the other one, we've split the fanbase.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caps won the Stanley Cup, which was great.