A new HUB area for xbox 360?

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Goldenroad

game room is a waste of time, waste of money, why not actually put in some decent arcade games?!  
got me thinking though..... they could design a new homepage similar to that design, maybe like a house, you can go to the lounge to play whatever game is in your disk drive, your parties avatars can chill out in the lounge with you, you could have a computer as a link to facebook/ twitter, stereo as a link to last fm, etc etc.. they could even incorporate a decent arcade section in the basement, it could be the decent xbox equivalent of HOME on the ps3!!  i think it could potentially be pretty awesome XD
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Goldenroad

game room is a waste of time, waste of money, why not actually put in some decent arcade games?!  
got me thinking though..... they could design a new homepage similar to that design, maybe like a house, you can go to the lounge to play whatever game is in your disk drive, your parties avatars can chill out in the lounge with you, you could have a computer as a link to facebook/ twitter, stereo as a link to last fm, etc etc.. they could even incorporate a decent arcade section in the basement, it could be the decent xbox equivalent of HOME on the ps3!!  i think it could potentially be pretty awesome XD
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SomethingClever

While I dig the concept it would depend on how it is implemented and if there was a fast way to access that stuff.  With the PS3 I have to launch Home and then navigate my way to whatever I'm trying to get to.  Sometimes I just want to jump right into something with out all that messing around.  I've kinda thought that if you just launched into Home right when the PS3 booted up I might like it more but as it is I pretty much avoid it like the plague.   

So long as there is also a menu driven system of some sort like the current Xbox dashboard I'm all for something like this.  That way I could use it or not at my discretion.  They are already part way to something like that with the Game Room sort of.

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Goldenroad

well i dont think microsoft can design nything that would be quite as bad as Home. but yeah obv it wud be nice to make it optional
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Mehhh, I don't like the idea. What you're suggesting just sounds like a flashy interactive menu to me.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Burns098356GX

Sounds like a bunch of fluff to me. I hate it when they put that kind of useless shit on.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Sounds like absolute shit. 

IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By IceOrb

They need to stop bogging the console down with these shitty interfaces. The only thing NXE did was make the damn thing run slower. 

Here is what I want: 

An option to turn all that shit off and have a simple GUI interface. The pop up blades that we currently have can stay as they are actually done well. If they want to keep their shitty NXE that is fine but I'd like an option to turn it off. I'm a gold subscriber I shouldn't have to look at pages and pages of shitty ads for shit I don't care about.

Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Goldenroad

yeah, well what i want is like a greater level of customisability (if thts evn a word :P) tht way it can cater for all audiences, ppl who hate the clutter can simplify it and people who appreciate the details of it can go a more complex route, i would just be interested to see how well they could implement it, obv if it came with a hit to loading times then i wouldnt enjoy it very much, the layout of game room just got me thinking about it is all..
Goldenroad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Goldenroad
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
"Sounds like absolute shit.  "

do you want it to stay as it is atm then, cos personally i think the current layout is awful, eg it takes an age to customise your avatar, i mean its not something i do often, but thts mainly cos it takes so damn long to get to and load in and out of, wouldnt you prefer if tht was integrated to the HUB as like.... a closet or something and fingers crossed without the awful load times?
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Why not just play them on PC?  Why are you people paying such a premium on all this?

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Brunchies

I bought these consoles to play games, let me play games!

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sogeman

That would require actual work from MS and you'd probably have to be a Goldmember to buy it for 1200 Points ^^