A Note to Patrick (Regarding Chicago)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago. Those deep-dish, Chicago hot dog, Cubs and Bears loving purists are the worst. And no I'm not saying deep-dish or Chicago hot dogs are bad, I love them as well, but don't have dumb arguments defending deep-dish just because you're from Chicago.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jams

@Vinchenzo said:

I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago. Those deep-dish, Chicago hot dog, Cubs and Bears loving purists are the worst. And no I'm not saying deep-dish or Chicago hot dogs are bad, I love them as well, but don't have dumb arguments defending deep-dish just because you're from Chicago.

Do you also talk in similar patterns to Patrick and Obama? I notice they pause in the weirdest spots mid sentence. Christopher Walken style.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheHumanDove

I thought Chicago was only full of patrick clones. At least this clears that up for me.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DarthOrange

As a Californian, please stop seeing the GB crew as being representations of the average Californian. People from Northern California are the worst.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

As a Petaluma resident, Real Doner was not as good as Dave said. Afendi's was much better, but they've sadly went out of business.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

And the way he takes pride in the murder rate is the worst

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jams

@DarthOrange said:

As a Californian, please stop seeing the GB crew as being representations of the average Californian. People from Northern California are the worst.

As a Californian I also agree those damn hippies from the north are the worst. Then again the southern part isn't any better. Central California ODELAY

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yeah, this seems like a thread that needed making. Thanks, Jake Gyllenhaal.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By WickedCobra03

I am not from Chicago, still in the upper midwest and I really don't hate on Patrick for any of it. I dunno, he is fine most of the time. The Bears comment in the last podcast about everyone who beat the bears lost or something, but whatevs.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By McGhee

@Vinchenzo said:

Let me preface my statement by saying that I've driven through Chicago twice.

Now shut the fuck up.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By louiedog

As someone who has lived in both San Francisco and Chicago I think almost everything in this thread so far is kind of dumb.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pazy

As a member of the Northern Hemisphere stop trying to represent us, those Western Northern Hemisphere people are the worst.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates

"I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago."

I also am from Chicago, and you're acting like a spoil-sport. Stop it.

Dawg, it's fun to love Chicago. And hot dogs are way better Chicago-style then with ketchup. Of course, ketchup is just the worst on everything. (So overpowering with so little reward, and on the handful of occasions it's valuable, barbecue sauce is always better!)

Also, he's not a purist on deep dish pizza, he just knows that Domino's in San Fran isn't gonna deliver you an actual deep dish pizza, it's gonna deliver you something with a stuffed crust and not four inches of tomatoes and nonsense. They don't even have an Uno's out there anymore (if my Googling checks out) to get proper deep dish. And I mean "proper" in the sense that "it's actually deep dish," not in the sense that "the only proper way to eat pizza is deep dish."

As for loving the Bears/Cubs, he likes sports. Is that really so wrong?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By fattony12000

I am a human. And this man does not represent me.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By louiedog
@Little_Socrates said:

Also, he's not a purist on deep dish pizza, he just knows that Domino's in San Fran isn't gonna deliver you an actual deep dish pizza, it's gonna deliver you something with a stuffed crust and not four inches of tomatoes and nonsense. They don't even have an Uno's out there anymore (if my Googling checks out) to get proper deep dish. And I mean "proper" in the sense that "it's actually deep dish," not in the sense that "the only proper way to eat pizza is deep dish."

As someone who has lived in both cities, I can tell you that one of my favorite deep dish pizza places is Little Star on Divisadero in SF. I haven't been to the Mission location, where Patrick lives, so I don't know about the quality of that one. It's proper deep dish and better than anything I've had at Giordano's, Lou Malnatti's, etc. Uno's? I haven't been to either the original or Duo location downtown, but Uno's in the rest of the country is basically doughy pizza hut. It's not good at all.
derevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By derevo

@PollySMPS said:

Takin' dumb stuff seriously!

WOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ducksworth

Write a negative yelp review about all places that serve Patricks favourite things.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshthebear

Go away.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Animasta

To be fair, Patrick probably represents Chicago better than Brad represents North Carolina

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

@Little_Socrates said:

"I myself am from Chicago, and I just want to tell you to stop trying to represent Chicago."

Dawg, it's fun to love Chicago. And hot dogs are way better Chicago-style then with ketchup. Of course, ketchup is just the worst on everything. (So overpowering with so little reward, and on the handful of occasions it's valuable, barbecue sauce is always better!)

Forget Chi-Town this Ketchup slandering shall not stand sir. Ketchup is delicious.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Animasta

@Demoskinos said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Forget Chi-Town this Ketchup slandering shall not stand sir. Ketchup is delicious.

I am with you, Ketchup is the One True Condiment that all others bow down to.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pr1mus

@Animasta said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Little_Socrates said:

I am with you, Ketchup is the One True Condiment that all others bow down to.

I put some ketchup on ice cream as a kid once. It was... interesting? Yes interesting.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By YoThatLimp

@Vinchenzo said:

He is a guy who is probably home sick for home after the passing of his father. My wife is from New Zealand and loves everything New Zealand now that she lives in Chicago instead of Christchurch.

If anything make fun of him for being a north side lameo, that isn't the real Chicago. :P

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By abendlaender

As a european I can safley say that, yes, we are indeed as awesome as Vinny, Drew and Dave.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#26  Edited By Little_Socrates

@louiedog: Glad there's somewhere decent to get deep dish in Northern California. I've never lived out there. And, yeah, Uno's is generally kind of the lowest bar.

@Demoskinos: @Animasta: Nope, that remains BBQ sauce, far as I'm concerned. Though probably not on a hot dog. 'course, ketchup is too overpowering for hot dogs, you wouldn't taste anything but the ketchup and maybe the other condiments. Same is true for BBQ.

I should write a blog on disliking OoT and ketchup. That'd make me popular, right?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By toowalrus

@Vinchenzo: lol, I remember you. You were on some hardcore anti-alcohol tirade, belittling anyone who liked to drink, acting all holier-than-thou, saying anyone who drinks is an idiot etc, and one day I guess you 'discovered' alcohol, because you changed your profile wallpaper to a picture of you with a 40oz.

At least, that's what happened in my head.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ghostiet

Vinchenzo continues to contribute. Let's get AnimalFather up in this bitch and we're all set.

@Little_Socrates

I completely disagree with you about ketchup and yet completely agree about BBQ sauce. Which is the best and only sauce.
joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshth

I'm also from Chicago, and I'm trying to figure out why you made such a pointless thread. Stop being a jerk for no reason and go away.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Undeadpool

@glasswall52 said:

@PollySMPS said:

Takin' dumb stuff seriously!

WOO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BOOOOOO, oh damnit, I fucked it up.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BrockNRolla

I too am from Chicago.

There are two types of "city" or "regional" people I'm not a fan of.

First is the "Hey, I'm from (insert place here). The (insert food here) is better than anywhere else. The (insert sports team here) destroy all other teams. Where you live sucks. (Insert some kind of city/regional chant here)." It's a weird sort of elitist douche-baggery when you can't possibly know whether or not your regional things are actually superior, but claim it nonetheless.

The other type of person I'm not a fan of is the "Hey, I'm from (insert place here). I hate it when people talk about us like they know us. Real (insert sports team here) fans don't act like that. (Insert regional food here) isn't that good; (insert more obscure local eatery here) is way better. Get out of my town and stop acting like you know it. You're giving us a bad name." It's a weird sort of elitist douche-baggery where you act as though you're superior to people who share your region, like you know better than them how a person should or should not act.

Sounds like you're being the latter. I'm not sure I've experienced Patrick being either.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By subject2change

As a NYC Native, you are all below me and need to bow down to your superior.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Ghostiet

Vinchenzo continues to contribute. Let's get AnimalFather up in this bitch and we're all set.

@Little_Socrates

I completely disagree with you about ketchup and yet completely agree about BBQ sauce. Which is the best and only sauce.
What you don't enjoy his "contributions" to the site like "Shut the fuck up Patrick"?
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By laserbolts

Do everyone from Chicago say scenario wrong and as often as Patrick does? If so I never want to go there. Good hockey team though.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShaggE

As an East Coaster, I just want to say that we don't all act as correspondents for West Coast websites, and I resent the implication that we all used to work at Harmonix, DAVE.

Furthermore, as a guy who once passed through Chicago on a bus to Wisconsin, I can say with authority that everybody there is indeed Patrick. Literally. There's only one person in the entire city, and it's Patrick. Which is weird, because he couldn't have been older than 11 or 12 when I passed through. Where were his parents? A child shouldn't have free run of a major city, even if he IS the only one there. Shit's messed up.

Edit: AND ANOTHER THING! As a guy who saw the movie "Cool Runnings", not all Jamaicans bobsled, and not all Canadians are overweight!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pr1mus

@laserbolts said:

Do everyone from Chicago say scenario wrong and as often as Patrick does? If so I never want to go there. Good hockey team though.

How does he say it? I never noticed. Then again i'm from the distant land of French Canada so that might be why.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ghostiet
@MariachiMacabre said:
@Ghostiet

@Little_Socrates

What you don't enjoy his "contributions" to the site like "Shut the fuck up Patrick"?
Oh, I'm just jealous - Vinchenzo is so brave, controversial and opinionated. And he's been at a strip club, so on top of all that, he's also a real man.
BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Pr1mus said:

@laserbolts said:

How does he say it? I never noticed. Then again i'm from the distant land of French Canada so that might be why.

I'm also curious. How does he pronounce it?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vinchenzo

@Ghostiet said:

@MariachiMacabre said:
@Ghostiet

@Little_Socrates:

Oh, I'm just jealous - Vinchenzo is so brave, controversial and opinionated. And he's been at a strip club, so on top of all that, he's also a real man.

Ghostiet speaks the truth.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Oldirtybearon

It's weird to me that Patrick seems to love everything about Chicago but the Blackhawks.

Seriously. If there's any sports franchise you can respect, it's the fucking Blackhawks.

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Just let Patrick be prideful of his home town. What could possibly be wrong with that? Has his love of Chicago somehow besmirched you?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By donchipotle

As someone who is also from Chicago, anyone who is a Cubs fan can fuck right off.

This is White Sox territory, son.

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is basically a snarky Yelp review of Patrick.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ghostiet
@Vinchenzo said:

@Ghostiet said:

@MariachiMacabre said:
@Ghostiet

@Little_Socrates:

Ghostiet speaks the truth.

I may be many things, but I'm no liar, which is why I couldn't call you many things.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vinchenzo

@DonChipotle said:

As someone who is also from Chicago, anyone who is a Cubs fan can fuck right off.

Your avatar bothers me.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By donchipotle

@Vinchenzo said:

@DonChipotle said:

Your avatar bothers me.

Doona Bae is the best. You know this.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By casper_

@Jams:

as a Californian i'd like to advise that you stay away from central California as the only things there are cows and alcoholism.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BrockNRolla

@DonChipotle said:

Oh yeah? Well I'm from Chicago, and anyone who is a baseball fan can fuck right off. I hate getting on the Red Line during baseball games. You're fucking with my commute!

Also, this is America. Football is our sport. So instead, Bears fans can fuck right off, because I'm a Packer fan.

This is a weird town.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Superkenon

Guys, now that Patrick's been dethroned I'm here to let you know that I'm the new authority on Chicago.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Getz

@Little_Socrates said:

I agree with you, but really the only way to eat a hot dug is mustard and onions.