A show that's criminally underrated (Teen Titans Go)

D-Man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By D-Man123

Hello Giantbombers, today I'm going to steer the conversation away from videogames and talk about a show that gets way to much hate for no good reason. The show I'm referring to is the Cartoon Network show called wait for it...........Teen Titans Go!

No Caption Provided

Now, before you set the torches a blaze and get the pitchforks I need you to listen. Back when Cartoon Network announced that there was going to be new about the teen titan show I was just as ecstatic as everybody else I can assure you. Also with the sudden cancellation of Young Justice and the proclamation that Young Justice Go! would be taking it's time slot I wanted to give my hope to Cartoon Network that they knew what they were doing. With my heart still recovering from the betrayal done to me by Cartoon Network, I would give the benefit of the doubt when it came to the new show.

I sat down and checked out the show and I won't even lie to you I hated it. I thought it spit on the grave of Teen Titans legacy that was left by the former show and I wanted nothing to do with at all. It would take a few years and fresher perspective and before I was able to truely appreciate the show for what it was. A quirky, goofy, and slightly meta comedy show that knows what it is and knows how to role with it. The writers know their strength and they can deliver a hilarious show with jokes that can get surprisingly dark at times. Not to mention that there are loads of references and easter eggs to other moments in the DC mythos. Like the time you see Jason Todd's urn with the crowbar that killed him in a case in Robin's room or the episode that features Carie Kelly as Robin in it.

Look, I understand I'm coming off as a fanboy pretty hard for this show right now and part of the reason is because I was one of those haters. For years I bashed the show and thought it to be a disgrace, but with a clearer mind, I saw what was actually a decent show in its own right. Is it the old Teen Titans no, but it's not supposed to or going to be that. I believe some fans need to let go of that anger they have and give Teen Titans Go! a chance because it deserves at least that. You may still not like which is completely fair, but If you haven't watched the show I implore you to go try it.

Well, I'm off my soapbox now and I want to leave you with this for today. Do you feel there are any tv shows that get unwarranted or unjustified hate? Also if you do end up checking out Teen Titans Go! or have already watched it then, tell me how you feel about it. Did you like it or do you dislike it and tell me why. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

No Caption Provided

FloppySnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It's the only show that has Cyborg literally beating his meat to Raven. The comics are pretty neat too.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Teen Titans GO! Is actually pretty good. I was surprised how funny it is. It has some cringe-worthy bad episodes (Singing or forcing a theme into your head that is not clever gets kind of annoying), but overall the show is really fun.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was never an avid viewer of the original series, but my little brother was and I appreciated it from a distance. A few months ago my two brothers and I were all together for the first time in years. We were randomly flipping through channels and stopped on Teen Titans Go! I can't remember laughing that hard. We were all, men in our 20s and 30s, just unable to catch our breath from the laughter. Now my older brother is moving to China and I may not see him for a very long time. I may not ever see another episode of Teen Titans Go, but I won't ever forget it.