A solution for bad ping, exists

Maxynator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Maxynator

I couldn't even start to explain how many times I've been kicked due to an incredibly, near atrociously bad connection. I had this problem while playing on my Xbox 360, but also on the PC. Even simple games like Battlefield Online would kick me all the time due to connection problems. I expected the distance from my house to, wherever my precious bytes travel to, would be to great. False. I expected my ISP to rip me off, limiting my connection. False. I even started to get delusional, and I wondered what happened to all those tins of Red Bull that disappeared under my desk, was it a plot? False!

The solution was well at hand. My ports were blocked. 

Now I know this is starting to sound like "Lifetime Presents: My Ports Were Blocked", but this is stone-cold reality. Many gamers are deprived by the fact that they are always one step behind other players. Bungie has been notifying players of their ports status in Halo 3, Infinity Ward in Modern Warfare 2, but many other games do not note out this problem. 

If you are bothered by slower downloading speeds when using Bittorent/Comet/uTorrent, FOR LEGAL P2P SHARING, or have a high ping in multiplayer modes, use the website or free (afterward easily deletable) tool for the PC, Portforwarding. I would not recommend this ingenious website if it wasn't the best option available. To open your ports you need to get a static IP first. You have to find information here and there on your PC and this could all take a very long time. Portforwarding has detailed and simple instructions for setting up a static IP and opening your ports. It also has a program that does everything for you, and is completely deletable after it has done the trick. 

This is not to promote the website itself, it is to bring the problem of strict of moderate ports to the light. Its a bitch!

Maxynator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Maxynator

I couldn't even start to explain how many times I've been kicked due to an incredibly, near atrociously bad connection. I had this problem while playing on my Xbox 360, but also on the PC. Even simple games like Battlefield Online would kick me all the time due to connection problems. I expected the distance from my house to, wherever my precious bytes travel to, would be to great. False. I expected my ISP to rip me off, limiting my connection. False. I even started to get delusional, and I wondered what happened to all those tins of Red Bull that disappeared under my desk, was it a plot? False!

The solution was well at hand. My ports were blocked. 

Now I know this is starting to sound like "Lifetime Presents: My Ports Were Blocked", but this is stone-cold reality. Many gamers are deprived by the fact that they are always one step behind other players. Bungie has been notifying players of their ports status in Halo 3, Infinity Ward in Modern Warfare 2, but many other games do not note out this problem. 

If you are bothered by slower downloading speeds when using Bittorent/Comet/uTorrent, FOR LEGAL P2P SHARING, or have a high ping in multiplayer modes, use the website or free (afterward easily deletable) tool for the PC, Portforwarding. I would not recommend this ingenious website if it wasn't the best option available. To open your ports you need to get a static IP first. You have to find information here and there on your PC and this could all take a very long time. Portforwarding has detailed and simple instructions for setting up a static IP and opening your ports. It also has a program that does everything for you, and is completely deletable after it has done the trick. 

This is not to promote the website itself, it is to bring the problem of strict of moderate ports to the light. Its a bitch!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

How much did they pay you to write this?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous
@MysteriousBob said:
" How much did they pay you to write this? "
@Maxynator said:
" This is not to promote the website itself, it is to bring the problem of strict of moderate ports to the light. "
Maxynator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maxynator
@MysteriousBob: Due to more and more scamming, I understand how this may look fake, too good to be true. 
 But this is a problem for lots of people, and I just wanted to note what solution worked for me. I morally owed it to myself too add that last sentence.

You want to stand out as a white knight, but you come across as another spammer trying to cash in.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

I read through this twice - am I wrong, or is the only thing you are trying to tell us that port forwarding can increase the productivity of your home devices communicating through the internet - and on top of that, that you are too stupid to do this without the help of websites and dubious programs? 

If so... 

... duh?

Hai guise I herd that opening your mouth and nostrils can improve breathing but shhhhh this is a super duper secret mystery trick I only found out about now!!1

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Wow, you guys are dicks.

I won't be trying this myself as I have no problems with my ping but thanks for the tip!

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By evanbrau

Port forwarding solved all my internet woes including my PS3 being virtually unable to play online games. It's some good shit and should be the first thing you check if turning your router/device on and off doesn't solve the problem.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Azteck

I was under the impression that this site was fairly renown by now, or that port forwarding was for that matter rather common. I've been there lots of times, and most of the people I talk to who know their way around a PC has known about it for quite a while.

(This is not me being a dick, I'm genuinely surprised over this)

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZimboDK

The hell? There are still people around that don't know this? Just go to grc.com (or any other port check website) and probe the necessary ports. If they're unreachable, forward them in your router. Don't know how? Google is your friend. Something like "port forward [your router name and model here]" will definitely yield some results.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

Port forwarding is very important to maintain a good connection in a online match, assuming that you open your ports. There's quite a few people who have no idea that there were and are port forwarding, and I don't really blame them (aside from not doing enough research on Google to improve performance). Though, I don't recall having to port forward for my PC games. Then again, I never played online games for my computer. I might want to look into opening the ports.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ectoplasma
@Meowayne said:
  Hai guise I herd that opening your mouth and nostrils can improve breathing but shhhhh this is a super duper secret mystery trick I only found out about now!!1 "
I found that using knife on nose can enhance breathing.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

More people need to know about port forwarding!