Ahh the joys of holiday sales.

mderbs311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mderbs311

Sooo yeah. Second blog, yay me! I really will try and make an effort to post here on a regular basis me thinks. Not necessarily for the benefit of anybody else here, just more of a thing for myself to do. Something to try and get myself into a habitual work type of mind, since I am eventually trying to get into the freelance art thing. Were that to take off, I would have to make myself adhere to a work schedule and as I'm sure that that would be more rigorous than a weekly-ish blog, its a start.

Anyhoo, on to the topic of my blog. I love photo blogs. Specifically those of stuff people have bought or picked up. I don't know what it is, I just like seeing the things others have managed to treat themselves to. I love shopping, and buying electronics and all kinds of toys and junk for my respective hobbies. Maybe seeing others purchases gives me an idea of stuff to put on my get list, i dunno. Its just the whole process of spending my hard earned cash on stuff I like and then the ritual that follows. You know the one. You get home, plop onto your couch or computer chair or what have you, and unload your purchases on your coffee table/desk. Then you get to open that packaging/shrink wrap/box and smell that fresh new plasticy smell of whatever you bought. Personally for me its games and dvds/blurays/electronics.

its all of those things, plus the feeling of having earned your stuff and all that jazz. I grew up pretty poor, and for all accounts still am even though im pretty much on my own now. So for all intents and purposes I live a pretty humble life. I am a waiter currently and live solely on that income, so frivolous purchases have to be made sparingly or only after rent and bills have been paid. So I take more pride in the things I buy for myself since I do work hard for them. I also realize that for however much 'society' would dub me as poor and low class, I am incredibly blessed and am by no means living in poverty conditions. Even though sometimes I bitch about my lot in life, I always drop back to earth and take a look around my surroundings and realize how damn lucky I am to live in this country and to have the things that I have.  Ill get into that stuff in a later blog I suppose, onto the purchases!!! (You know that's where this was headed!)

I just recently got into Amazon.com. I know I know, I live in the year 2010 and I'm just now getting into amazon?!? Yeah, I kick myself at night, don't worry. I just sort of had this personal negative stigma associated with buying stuff online. Anyways, I didn't and probably never will take part in any Black Friday event. It's just way too much hassle and crazyness to deal with. So with that said, I sure as hell took part in the Cyber Monday deals that followed!!! 

As I said I love buying me some movies!!! And since amazon didn't have very many great game deals going on, they did have some excellent deals on dvds and blurays! So with that, I present my Cyber Monday haul!:

BOOM!
I was proud of myself! 
Season 1 of Mad Men: $9.99
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies: $5.49
Ninja Assassin Bluray: $10.49
Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shambala Bluray: $9.99
Kick-Ass 3 Disc Bluray: $9.99

Not a bad haul at all if I do say so myself! 3 blurays, a dvd and a season of a tv show for a little under $50 and some change? Not bad at all.
Im really interested in watching Mad Men as I have heard nothing but good things about that show. Started reading and watching The Walking Dead on AMC and figured if the quality of that show was similarly put into Mad Men it should be a good time. Fullmetal was a great movie and closing to the series for those who are fans of the anime. Kick-Ass is...well, Kick-Ass. Ninja Assassin was good, but not quite as good as I was hoping it would be, being from the Wachowskis and all. Still awesome though, and the extra feature about turning Korean pop star Rain into the the crazy buff main character is pretty interesting. Supes/Bats was awesome! Saw the preview on the Green Lantern: First Flight dvd and when I found it for 5 bucks it was a no brainer! Also, Kevin Conroy is Batman. Yes. 

Also picked up 2 games to add to my 360 collection tonight. I went out to grab dinner with my friend kenny, and showed him this local game store I found ahwhile back. Turns out a buddy of mine has worked there for a long time and I just now found out about this place! Anyhow, they have a good selection of older and classic games and systems there, even saw a Turbografx there! Since my buddy is on the hunt for NES items I showed him this place and saw these in the clearance section! 

Pure was even cheaper at 6 bucks!!! 2 games for 11 bucks? Yes please. I know Too Human has been met with some general hate, but for 5 bucks I will give it a shot. Also put down my preorder for the collectors edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That one is a day one purchase for sure! 

Well, those are my purchases to share. Thanks to all that read this lengthy blog. And thanks to all the members who gave me a warm welcome on my last blog! Since joining I have found the quests to be stupid addictive. Its bound to be hazardous to my health! Also, I am still figuring out all the kinks and rules and stuff about posting on here and all, so if I have posted the images in this blog incorrectly or anything, or these types of blogs are frowned upon or whatever, feel free to let me know (politely of course!) Until next blog people, be well!
mderbs311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mderbs311

Sooo yeah. Second blog, yay me! I really will try and make an effort to post here on a regular basis me thinks. Not necessarily for the benefit of anybody else here, just more of a thing for myself to do. Something to try and get myself into a habitual work type of mind, since I am eventually trying to get into the freelance art thing. Were that to take off, I would have to make myself adhere to a work schedule and as I'm sure that that would be more rigorous than a weekly-ish blog, its a start.

Anyhoo, on to the topic of my blog. I love photo blogs. Specifically those of stuff people have bought or picked up. I don't know what it is, I just like seeing the things others have managed to treat themselves to. I love shopping, and buying electronics and all kinds of toys and junk for my respective hobbies. Maybe seeing others purchases gives me an idea of stuff to put on my get list, i dunno. Its just the whole process of spending my hard earned cash on stuff I like and then the ritual that follows. You know the one. You get home, plop onto your couch or computer chair or what have you, and unload your purchases on your coffee table/desk. Then you get to open that packaging/shrink wrap/box and smell that fresh new plasticy smell of whatever you bought. Personally for me its games and dvds/blurays/electronics.

its all of those things, plus the feeling of having earned your stuff and all that jazz. I grew up pretty poor, and for all accounts still am even though im pretty much on my own now. So for all intents and purposes I live a pretty humble life. I am a waiter currently and live solely on that income, so frivolous purchases have to be made sparingly or only after rent and bills have been paid. So I take more pride in the things I buy for myself since I do work hard for them. I also realize that for however much 'society' would dub me as poor and low class, I am incredibly blessed and am by no means living in poverty conditions. Even though sometimes I bitch about my lot in life, I always drop back to earth and take a look around my surroundings and realize how damn lucky I am to live in this country and to have the things that I have.  Ill get into that stuff in a later blog I suppose, onto the purchases!!! (You know that's where this was headed!)

I just recently got into Amazon.com. I know I know, I live in the year 2010 and I'm just now getting into amazon?!? Yeah, I kick myself at night, don't worry. I just sort of had this personal negative stigma associated with buying stuff online. Anyways, I didn't and probably never will take part in any Black Friday event. It's just way too much hassle and crazyness to deal with. So with that said, I sure as hell took part in the Cyber Monday deals that followed!!! 

As I said I love buying me some movies!!! And since amazon didn't have very many great game deals going on, they did have some excellent deals on dvds and blurays! So with that, I present my Cyber Monday haul!:

BOOM!
I was proud of myself! 
Season 1 of Mad Men: $9.99
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies: $5.49
Ninja Assassin Bluray: $10.49
Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shambala Bluray: $9.99
Kick-Ass 3 Disc Bluray: $9.99

Not a bad haul at all if I do say so myself! 3 blurays, a dvd and a season of a tv show for a little under $50 and some change? Not bad at all.
Im really interested in watching Mad Men as I have heard nothing but good things about that show. Started reading and watching The Walking Dead on AMC and figured if the quality of that show was similarly put into Mad Men it should be a good time. Fullmetal was a great movie and closing to the series for those who are fans of the anime. Kick-Ass is...well, Kick-Ass. Ninja Assassin was good, but not quite as good as I was hoping it would be, being from the Wachowskis and all. Still awesome though, and the extra feature about turning Korean pop star Rain into the the crazy buff main character is pretty interesting. Supes/Bats was awesome! Saw the preview on the Green Lantern: First Flight dvd and when I found it for 5 bucks it was a no brainer! Also, Kevin Conroy is Batman. Yes. 

Also picked up 2 games to add to my 360 collection tonight. I went out to grab dinner with my friend kenny, and showed him this local game store I found ahwhile back. Turns out a buddy of mine has worked there for a long time and I just now found out about this place! Anyhow, they have a good selection of older and classic games and systems there, even saw a Turbografx there! Since my buddy is on the hunt for NES items I showed him this place and saw these in the clearance section! 

Pure was even cheaper at 6 bucks!!! 2 games for 11 bucks? Yes please. I know Too Human has been met with some general hate, but for 5 bucks I will give it a shot. Also put down my preorder for the collectors edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That one is a day one purchase for sure! 

Well, those are my purchases to share. Thanks to all that read this lengthy blog. And thanks to all the members who gave me a warm welcome on my last blog! Since joining I have found the quests to be stupid addictive. Its bound to be hazardous to my health! Also, I am still figuring out all the kinks and rules and stuff about posting on here and all, so if I have posted the images in this blog incorrectly or anything, or these types of blogs are frowned upon or whatever, feel free to let me know (politely of course!) Until next blog people, be well!
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By beej
@mderbs311: You picked up some good deals yo! While you said that you wouldn't participate in black friday, might I suggest that you consider steams black friday sales if you haven't? I picked up like 140 dollars worth of games for like 14.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Brians

Good deals, and I agree if you have steam use it to get some christmas deals.

mderbs311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mderbs311
@beej:  Oh lord don't get me started on Steam!!! I just recently built myself a new pc this past june and have since bought waaaaaayyyy too many games. Im kinda glad I missed it this year!
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

You are in for a treat with Mad Men.  Man, I'd watch the entire series again if I had the time.  It's simply an amazing show.  Only thing I hate about the show is some chick named Bobby/Bobbi in the second season and some weird episode with Draper ditching some meeting with Peter to this weird house (did my best to sound vague).  I'd buy all seasons at full price if I had the money.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Brians
@mderbs311: You won't miss the Christmas sale though ;)
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mars_Cleric

God I wish things were that cheap here, it seems as if Australian retailers think they can still charge twice as the US 
Nice going with the sales 
also, welcome to the site :)
mderbs311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mderbs311
@rjayb89:  Awesome! Good to hear I won't be disappointed. Have to admit, I kinda got it cuz I'm in love with Christina Hendricks. Red heads get me every time!

@Briguile: Ugh dont remind me!!!!. No. No I won't miss the Christmas sale, although my wallet is gonna hate me forever! Especially since im trying to buy presents for family this year!