Alex Trebek, long-running 'Jeopardy!' host, dead at 80

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Oh, man what a shame he was a legend and he will be missed. Yet, lets remember what great guy and a pop-culture icon he was. He lived a life with a dignity taht shown through, a life that stressed being smart was a good thing.

The cause of death was not immediately announced. Trebek revealed in March 2019 hehadbeen diagnosed withstage 4 pancreatic cancer. Again, RIP Quiz Master!

paulwgraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a solid bummer. As a long time Jeopardy fan I can't imagine they'll be able to find a host who is able to project the air of moral authority that Alex did. The only solace that I can take from this is that he is finally reunited with his mustache in the great beyond.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, this sucks. I hadn't realized that he started the gig in 1984, which was the year I was born. I have never lived in a world where Alex Trebek wasn't hosting Jeopardy. The guy was a machine, particularly given he kept hosting the show right through Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Here's hoping he's expressing exasperated disappointment at the contestants in the Big Quiz Show in the Sky.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BaneFireLord

He was a goddam institution. What a shame, and fuck cancer.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he is not in anymore pain. It is amazing he was working up until early last week. What a legend.

TheGreatChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He fought until the end. Jeopardy should not continue

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree the Great Chomp. But really heard he wants the game to continue long after he is goine. But really he is way too irreplacable.