Allergies, Do You Have Any?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Do any of you have any allergies, if so, what is your affliction, is it something mild, or is it potentially life threatening?.

I think I may have developed one only now, which is something I had previously thought was not possible.  For the past month I have had to keep a diary of my food intake to get some insight into my problem,  I'm also going for spot test next Monday, as it may not be a food allergy that I have.

After some basic research of my own, I found that the amount of people in the Western world suffering from allergies is increasing at a worrying rate. Scientists still have no clear idea as to why it's happening too,  A few experts believe that what we are seeing now is only the tip of the iceberg, and that things will get far worse in the future unless we understand what the triggers are.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Console Fanboys, and religious fanatics.  I am severely allergic to them.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Demonstride

Poison Ivy its not a severe one it just affects me pretty harshly.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By babblinmule

Raspberries - they wont kill me, but I'll be throwing up an awful amount for a few hours afterwards.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Disengage

Dust, pet hair, eggs, pollen and two bad ones.

Grass can cause me to get a rash if I lay in it for a while

Pineapple can make my throat swell up so I can't breathe. I learned that one the hard way.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

Cats... which is a shame, since I love them.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

From what I know, the only thing i've ever been allergic to is Calpol. Other than that, i'm fine, though I've never been stung by a bee or anything so that could be a death sentence waiting to happen.

Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demonstride
@HandsomeDead said:
" From what I know, the only thing i've ever been allergic to is Calpol. Other than that, i'm fine, though I've never been stung by a bee or anything so that could be a death sentence waiting to happen. "
What is Calpol?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Demonstride said:
"
@HandsomeDead said:
" From what I know, the only thing i've ever been allergic to is Calpol. Other than that, i'm fine, though I've never been stung by a bee or anything so that could be a death sentence waiting to happen. "
What is Calpol? "
It's like a liquid paracetamol but produced for young children.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

None, fortunately. Wait. Possibly penicillin- but I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I don't have any allergies. I did have a bad reaction to a certain medicine a long time ago but I don't think it was an "allergy".

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

Some type of cold medicine.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Black_Rose

Not that I know of

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum

No, my answer is.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_

Pollen/dust mites/cats/dogs/etc. are my allergies. No medication. My allergies are fucking god-tier too. Absolutely horrible. I used to actually miss over a week of school a year because of them. I get shots now though (actually got a few today) which really helps. Like, seriously fucking helps.

Edit: I have yet to be around many animals since I've been getting the shots more frequently though, and I'm anxious to see if I can be around cats for longer periods of time. Not being able to have a cat was a huge downer for me when I was a kid :-(
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

Dust mites

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang

I am allergic to shell fish. I found out after i had some oysters and immediately broke out the ugliest rash ever for about a week.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Demyx

i can be sensitive to grass or pollen. but no real allergies.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By dsplayer1010

Life threatening allergies to tree nuts. Mild springtime allergies.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Claude

I'm allergic to getting old... other than that, no.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm allergic to bullshit, used to sneeze alot when my old boss kept trying to hustle my team back in the old days.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By skywing

No, I'm pretty fortunate

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#25  Edited By Vinchenzo

I am allergic to nothing. Take that, fuckers! I may be a lefty, but I perservere in this department.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By lordofultima
@Vinchenzo: I am also a lefty with no allergies! Conspiracy by the government putting computer chips in our left hands to prevent allergic reactions? I THINK SO.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By epic_pets

Too grass :( it sucks while playing tack football.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks

Me too, I have to wait for the pollen to settle. It's grass pollen that I seem most effected by

Wow, I am shocked at how many of us do have allergies, I expected a few but not this many.

@Jayge said:
" Pollen/dust mites/cats/dogs/etc. are my allergies. No medication. My allergies are fucking god-tier too. Absolutely horrible. I used to actually miss over a week of school a year because of them. I get shots now though (actually got a few today) which really helps. Like, seriously fucking helps.

Edit: I have yet to be around many animals since I've been getting the shots more frequently though, and I'm anxious to see if I can be around cats for longer periods of time. Not being able to have a cat was a huge downer for me when I was a kid :-(
"

Would they be anti Histamine / anti inflammatory medicine by any chance?. I may have to undergo similar treatment eventually.

I am definitely allergic to pollen, during high pollen counts my body can go into shutdown if I'm not careful. On one occasion it was so bad I had a bad once, everything was swelling up. It's the same with dust, I found that out while surveying a old large commercial building a couple of years ago with a colleague. He was walking around fine, while I was reacting. He thought I was putting it on, but I really wasn't. I felt my wind pipe getting thinner and my skin began to go red and blotchy. I never said anything to my doctor, but even then I knew I was allergic to dust. Now I have a air purifying fan in my house to keep rooms dust free, as much as possible.

Something must be very wrong out there, but what exactly? we Humans have evolved to be perfectly comfortable within our environment, yet within the space of 50  or so years, things we have introduced into our environment and into our foods, are having serious ramifications on how we live our lives : (

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Mrnitropb
@Linkyshinks said:
Something must be very wrong out there, but what exactly? we Humans have evolved to be perfectly comfortable within our environment, yet within the space of 50  or so years, things we have introduced into our environment and into our foods, are having serious ramifications on how we live our lives : ( "
50 years ago they would have let you die. Its unnatural selection, or dysgenics if you will. Weak traits, instead of disallowing a person to pass them on through early death or inability to attract mates, are suppressed so that mates can be fooled. Weak genes are selfish too.
Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dairy and nuts and pennicillin!

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Commando

Penicillin, Peanut Butter, some kinds of grasses... I wasn't affected by poison Ivy until last year. I was exposed to it so much I developed a reaction to it. Now I get it all the time.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Meowayne

dust mite feces (you cannot be allergic to dust or the mites themselves), pollen/grass.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jayge_
@Linkyshinks said:
" Me too, I have to wait for the pollen to settle. It's grass pollen that I seem most effected by

Wow, I am shocked at how many of us do have allergies, I expected a few but not this many.

@Jayge said:
" Pollen/dust mites/cats/dogs/etc. are my allergies. No medication. My allergies are fucking god-tier too. Absolutely horrible. I used to actually miss over a week of school a year because of them. I get shots now though (actually got a few today) which really helps. Like, seriously fucking helps.

"

Would they be anti Histamine / anti inflammatory medicine by any chance?. I may have to undergo similar treatment eventually.

I am definitely allergic to pollen, during high pollen counts my body can go into shutdown if I'm not careful. On one occasion it was so bad I had a bad once, everything was swelling up. It's the same with dust, I found that out while surveying a old large commercial building a couple of years ago with a colleague. He was walking around fine, while I was reacting. He thought I was putting it on, but I really wasn't. I felt my wind pipe getting thinner and my skin began to go red and blotchy. I never said anything to my doctor, but even then I knew I was allergic to dust. Now I have a air purifying fan in my house to keep rooms dust free, as much as possible.Something must be very wrong out there, but what exactly? we Humans have evolved to be perfectly comfortable within our environment, yet within the space of 50  or so years, things we have introduced into our environment and into our foods, are having serious ramifications on how we live our lives : ( "
Nah, anti-histamines fuck. me. up. like no other for the most part, although my two pills are anti-histamines, just special types. I take Clarinex, Zyrtec, and Nasocort, I have no idea what the analogues are for you in Europe. The shots are concentrated allergens, it's like building up a tolerance to heroine except I don't get high when they shoot me up.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By mike
@Jayge: I used to have to take allergy shots when I was a kid. Thankfully, allergy medicine has advanced a lot since the dark ages and now I take a combination of a prescription steroid inhalant and over the counter Claritin D.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By KillaMaStA

Milk, cats, trees etc.
My doctor said that my allergies are off the charts but I dont really care.

I have 2 cats btw......

shakenbake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By shakenbake

I'm not allergic to anything

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JBird

Pennicillin for me, weirdly me and 5 of my mates are all allergic to penicillin and we were all born in september of 1990. Spooky :p

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunarbunny

Had a fricking dust/dander allergy attack last night, kept me up for an hour.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By flaminghobo

Luckily I'm not allergic to anything.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic

EDIT : yes, one allergy that i got from my dad : when we work around the house to clean up the grass and other flowers and plants, if i stay around em for too long and their smell or whatever reaches my face through the air i start sneezing like theres no tomorrow...

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Common springtime shit, nothing really that bad.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mushir

I ain't allergic to nothin'. GANGSTA MOTHA FUCKAZ!

Leopard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Leopard

Religious fanatics, atheist fanatics, and neo-cons.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_A_Drain

Used to have a very mild peanut allergy, apparently thats kinda rare, I dunno, the mildness of it anyway, used to bring me out in a rash, fine now though.

I have quite severe hayfever though, and asthma that dramatically changes in severity seemingly whenever it wants.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Linkyshinks
@The_A_Drain said:
" Used to have a very mild peanut allergy, apparently thats kinda rare, I dunno, the mildness of it anyway, used to bring me out in a rash, fine now though.I have quite severe hayfever though, and asthma that dramatically changes in severity seemingly whenever it wants. "

Your lucky your reaction is mild, some peanut allergies are fatal.  I know some sufferers throats swell up to the point it and makes them suffocate and die a scary death, very quickly. I know some have it so bad they have to wear an adrenalin needle around their necks just in case.

It must be quite hard for some people to avoid eating them, because these days they put peanuts in everything, even chocolate bars that you would think contain no peanuts at all, still state on the backs of their packets, - "may contain nuts", You have to read the labels of everything you eat without fail. and when eating out, you have to notify restaurants that you have a nut allergy before consuming any food.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Linkyshinks:

Yeah that's why I was told mine is kinda rare, apparently most of them are serious to fatal.

The problem with 'may contain nuts' is that you can never tell if it's simply them being cautious or it does contain nuts. A lot of the time products just get made in a factory that also processes nuts, which is bullshit imo because that means possible contamination from other products in the factory. People who are allergic to nuts pretty much can't eat anything, I don't think i've seen one product that doesnt have a nut warning on it that isnt specifically made for people with nut allergies. I have a lot of shit in my life but i'm so thankful it was only a mild allergy, and it's gone now.
Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Deathdealer108

I'm allergic to morphine. So I guess if I fall down a flight of stairs I'm out of luck.