Alot of crappy stuff is being said about Patrick...

• 163 results
pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pplus0440

Hey, GB.  

I've been noticing alot of pretty mean stuff being said about Pat. I'll admit sometimes he writes about some stuff I don't care for, and maybe he can slip a spoiler every now and then, but I don't think writing a bunch of really mean stuff about the guy is appropriate. However, for the most part Pat is a pretty great member of the team. He's puts out the most content of everyone and he clearly loves doing it. He approaches games with a posative attitude and for me that goes along way. Most of the GB crew dismiss a game as poor before they even play it. The Kid Icarus quick look is perfect demonstratoin of this. If you had played the game at all, it is clear that Brad had barely touched it. That is fine, but he shouldn't be making claims about the quality of the game if doesn't understand how the game works. Patrick on the other hand always has posative things to say, has alot of passion, alot of drive, and you know what? I appreciate it. So Patrick, if you are reading this, keep on being you. Don't be a downer, and don't listen to people who try and put you down.  

Keep up the good work. I know I'm not the only person with something posative to say about the most valuable member of this site.
ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ColinWright

Haters gonna hate.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By themangalist

Wait, you're defending Patrick by wailing on Brad? Oh noes.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I blame the internet.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Enigma777

They're just jealous of his luscious locks.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

We probably don't need another thread for the haters to use...

@Claude said:

I blame the internet.

Truth.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matthias2437

@ColinWright said:

Haters gonna hate.

@Claude said:

I blame the internet.
mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By mesklinite

Patrick is great to have around :)

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PeasantAbuse

SpongeBob

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Stepside

I'm a huge Patrick fan, he's a great writer and has a lot of sources that I appreciate. I also find him hilarious - super glad he's here.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

Cept for the Brad stuff, he's still awesome 
Cept for the Brad stuff, he's still awesome 
qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By qawsed

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS LUV REPREZENT

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow

posative

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By coakroach

Yeah Patrick, keep being you

Haha but seriously what the fuck is this thread

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VooDooPC

Patrick has grown on me. He's a nice addition to the site. Alex Navarro on the other hand...

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By EuanDewar
@SeriouslyNow
posative
Seriously what the fuck dude

You spelt everything correctly apart from that one word and you did it multiple times. It's bugging me the fuck out and I don't even know why. Literally can't focus on anything else about this now.
GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeneralZod37

I really appreciate all that Patrick brings to the site. His writing style is great and he seems really engaging. If he "ruins" things by talking about them too much it is only due to him being really pumped about a subject. Above all he fits into the structure of the site. All the guys, including Alexis *shudders*, seem very approachable and Patrick is no different.

As I have found through some self-discovery is that a lot of the people someone dislikes eventhough they share interests is due to them sharing the same views and mannerisms the majority of the time. Maybe there is some of that going on.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmilingPig

Other than the fact that his girlfriend is way to beautiful for him and that she deserve someone like me, Patrick is alright.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By veektarius

I don't like him, and would prefer if he were gone, but I'd never hurl personal insults at him.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him, his enthusiasm and his goddamn articles

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By theguy

@pplus0440 said:

Hey, GB. I've been noticing alot of pretty mean stuff being said about Pat. I'll admit sometimes he writes about some stuff I don't care for, and maybe he can slip a spoiler every now and then, but I don't think writing a bunch of really mean stuff about the guy is appropriate. However, for the most part Pat is a pretty great member of the team. He's puts out the most content of everyone and he clearly loves doing it. He approaches games with a posative attitude and for me that goes along way. Most of the GB crew dismiss a game as poor before they even play it. The Kid Icarus quick look is perfect demonstratoin of this. If you had played the game at all, it is clear that Brad had barely touched it. That is fine, but he shouldn't be making claims about the quality of the game if doesn't understand how the game works. Patrick on the other hand always has posative things to say, has alot of passion, alot of drive, and you know what? I appreciate it. So Patrick, if you are reading this, keep on being you. Don't be a downer, and don't listen to people who try and put you down. Keep up the good work. I know I'm not the only person with something posative to say about the most valuable member of this site.

Its "Trick"

@SoothsayerGB said:

Actually, its "Trick" now.

See?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Animasta

@Freshbandito said:

I finished polishing your shining white armour and grooming your snow white steed, should I fetch your glittering white lance also?

sorry no the LOL YOU'RE A WHITE KNIGHT defense is even worse than actually being one.

also trick supremacy

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai

I just with that when he says "I don't want to spoil anything" it would mean that. Either then that he's alright.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Patrick is awesome. You all know it. Don't deny it.

@mordukai said:

I just wish that when he says "I don't want to spoil anything" it would mean that. Otherthan that he's alright.

There. Sorry. That was bugging me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mordukai

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@mordukai said:

I just wish that when he says "I don't want to spoil anything" it would mean that. Otherthan that he's alright.

HA HA. Blame the iPad and it's auto corrector.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Freshbandito

@Animasta said:

@Freshbandito said:

I finished polishing your shining white armour and grooming your snow white steed, should I fetch your glittering white lance also?

sorry no the LOL YOU'RE A WHITE KNIGHT defense is even worse than actually being one.

also trick supremacy

Defense? defense of what? I'm just pointing out that he's white knighting it up. He's a grown man people, he doesn't need you headbutting a keyboard to try and change people's opinions whilst backhandedly insulting the other staff on account of his honour.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@mordukai said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@mordukai said:

HA HA. Blame the iPad and its auto corrector.

That was bugging me as well.
m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By m16mojo2

@SmilingPig said:

Other than the fact that his girlfriend is way to beautiful for him and that she deserve someone like me, Patrick is alright.

The fact that you've seen his girlfriend is a bit disturbing....

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@mordukai said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@mordukai said:

Been there.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WickedFather

Wow, after reading this thread he's going to fall in love with you and marry you and you'll be special on Giantbomb.  His poster with real kissable mouth shall be in the online shop soon.  For all who love him it's 3 dollars cheaper.  Pull the cord on the Patrick doll to hear 12 of your favourite spoilers.

Ok, that's enough of me being a dick for one thread.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mordukai

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@mordukai said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@mordukai said:

Been there.

OK now you need to change your avatar picture because every time I see it I just end up doing a Spaced marathon. Oh fuck it...it's a great show. Guess my Saturday is spoken for.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By Claude

Here's Patrick coming to Giant Bomb. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BraveToaster

We live in a world where people talk shit about each other. I'm sure he doesn't give a shit about what anyone says about him.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By RobotHamster

Nice try Patrick, thought you could be all sneaky and make another account.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xeiphyer

Protip: Don't defend one person while attacking another. That's just bad form and completely deflates any argument you were making.

Patrick is great. Brad is great. 

Quick Looks are just to show off how the game actually plays so people can see if they're interested, the Kid Icarus QL is perfect for that. Often times they don't know all about the game, and that's fine, after all, its not a review. Most times they record the Quick Look when they have barely played the game because they want to get that video out to everyone ASAP, so we can watch it while its still relevant. 

Honestly, they showed off what Kid Icarus is like perfectly. It lets everyone see what game is like in motion, without the PR trailer bullshit spin on footage. Anyone wanting to know what the final thoughts on the game are can wait for the review, which is what its for. 

Basically you have the "QL for a game I already own/love" syndrome. Where you get all upset because they don't know every little detail of the game, or say some misinformation. Its not really what the QL is for, and if you're super angry about it and wanna correct them, post in the comments section so other people see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wait.....what?

Oh, you mean Trick. My bad.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jace

@pplus0440:

I think the GB staff all realize they have their own perks as characters that turn some people off. However, that's what gives this site personality. They're now starting to use it for features as well, look at breaking Brad. Brad is bad at games, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's hilarious to watch. Jeff is cynical, but he's honest, and he has some really strong arguments to make. So GB made Jar time.

To put it simply, this site is an ongoing evolution of the staff's personalities in the form of internet content. I think that's why this site is so great.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NTM

Aside from his pube fro on the top of his head, he's an alright guy. Just kidding.

YOUNGLINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By YOUNGLINK

@EuanDewar said:

@SeriouslyNow
posative
Seriously what the fuck dude You spelt everything correctly apart from that one word and you did it multiple times. It's bugging me the fuck out and I don't even know why. Literally can't focus on anything else about this now.

hah, yea that bugged me too. But I agree with the overall sentiment.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kindgineer

People are just used to the original crew that has tied themselves together and are afraid of change. Patrick is a different kind of person around the office. He's young, zany looking, and doesn't carry on the same way that the rest of the crew does.

It's normal, but honestly the only people crying over his presence, or that have a problem with him, are either jealous of his position or stuck in their pre-mature state of fearing the change he has brought.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By Lukeweizer

@pplus0440: They play games at preview events and what not before the game is released. Brad probably had a very good idea of how Kid Icarus would work already.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sooty

I find him a little boring. It's not a big deal, hopefully I'll warm up to him soon enough.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By benspyda

I don't find him all that funny, but I have no problem with him. He has some interesting views and articles and adds to the GB team.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TruthTellah

If people still aren't at least okay with him(let alone think he's pretty great) after seeing the work he did on the MolyJam, they're never going to be okay with him. There's only so much a person can do for people to like them; in Patrick's case, I encourage him to just continue being himself. If people warm up to him? Great. If some don't? Then that's tough for them. Patrick's here to stay.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By korwin

@pplus0440 said:

Hey, GB. I've been noticing alot of pretty mean stuff being said about Pat. I'll admit sometimes he writes about some stuff I don't care for, and maybe he can slip a spoiler every now and then, but I don't think writing a bunch of really mean stuff about the guy is appropriate. However, for the most part Pat is a pretty great member of the team. He's puts out the most content of everyone and he clearly loves doing it. He approaches games with a posative attitude and for me that goes along way. Most of the GB crew dismiss a game as poor before they even play it. The Kid Icarus quick look is perfect demonstratoin of this. If you had played the game at all, it is clear that Brad had barely touched it. That is fine, but he shouldn't be making claims about the quality of the game if doesn't understand how the game works. Patrick on the other hand always has posative things to say, has alot of passion, alot of drive, and you know what? I appreciate it. So Patrick, if you are reading this, keep on being you. Don't be a downer, and don't listen to people who try and put you down. Keep up the good work. I know I'm not the only person with something posative to say about the most valuable member of this site.

You called him Pat, better put some money in his mum's jar.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Korwin

@pplus0440 said:

You called him Pat, better put some money in his mum's jar.

Man, no need to make this dirty!
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#48  Edited By jacksukeru

And this thread invites even more crappy stuff to be said about everyone without actually having any real benefit to it.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Gabriel

I don't like Patrick's personality at all, but the threads praising Patrick or bashing him have got to stop, it's a done deal so STFU and stop talking about it. I can only imagine how that dude feels when he sees this shit all the time, it's gotta wear on a person after awhile.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By viking_funeral

I like Patrick. A lot, actually. I think he's a really good addition to the gang.

However, I also like Brad. And Vinny. And Ryan, and Jeff, and Snides, and... seriously, what is the point of these threads? These guys have been around the internet enough to develop a thick skin. Patrick in particular has had a lot of different positions at a lot of different gaming journalism companies. I'm sure understand that some devotees of websites will always detest change, and expect it. And it looks like he's adapting just fine. I don't think he needs threads defending his honor. Patrick's a big boy.