• 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
#1 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -

I was eating this cookie dough from out of the tube and I got bored so I decided to read the nutritional information on the cookie dough and it said not to eat raw cookie dough.
 
Is it possible to be cookie dough poisoned?

Avatar image for magzine
#2 Edited by MAGZine (441 posts) -

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Avatar image for dillonwerner
#3 Posted by DillonWerner (1609 posts) -

You could get salmonella or another food poisoning, but I don't think you will die unless you have really bad cholesterol or diabetes or something attune to those.

Avatar image for justin258
#4 Posted by Justin258 (14373 posts) -

In twenty minutes, you will explode into bits.

You'll be fine. Most likely.

Online
Avatar image for rockyhorrorgerri
#5 Posted by rockyhorrorgerri (402 posts) -

...Damn but it was too late.....

Avatar image for arker101
#6 Edited by Arker101 (1484 posts) -

It's said that on the packaging for years now. If it does kill you, it takes quite a few years to kick in.

Also baking the cookies is good to do. Makes your house/apartment smell nice.

Avatar image for irvandus
#7 Posted by Irvandus (3170 posts) -

You should be fine as long as you have a medkit to rub on yourself.

Avatar image for jimmi
#8 Posted by Jimmi (184 posts) -

Induce vomiting. Ipecac preferably. Take a video and post it here. For science.

Avatar image for privateirontfu
#9 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

You could get salmonella from the raw egg, but seriously, there's a very, very slim chance of that. So go ahead and eat it.

I prefer cookie dough over cookies.

Avatar image for negativecero
#10 Posted by NegativeCero (3140 posts) -
Avatar image for alexandersheen
#11 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5150 posts) -

You are already dead.

Avatar image for epicsteve
#12 Posted by EpicSteve (6908 posts) -

Worry about it when you're actively dying.

Avatar image for aetheldod
#13 Posted by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

:( nice meeting you

Avatar image for edwardt
#14 Posted by edwardt (72 posts) -

Only other problem is that raw flour isnt so good for you to digest.

Avatar image for ravenlight
#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

They put that warning there because they don't want people to find out how delicious it is and get addicted. They do the same thing with silica gel.

Avatar image for mcghee
#16 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@MAGZine said:

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Actually, it can kill you quite dead.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
#17 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6117 posts) -

In these situations you're supposed to put one in your brain. Lest you become...one of them.

Avatar image for privateirontfu
#18 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@MAGZine said:

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Actually, it can kill you quite dead.

It can, but it won't. He has a better chance of going outside and getting hit by a car.

Avatar image for scrawnto
#19 Posted by Scrawnto (2552 posts) -

Raw egg always carries a chance of salmonella, just like rare meat carries a chance of e-coli. But it's just that, a chance. So hey, roll the dice if you're feeling lucky. I personally prefer my meat well done and my eggs cooked, so I've never had cause to worry about it.

Avatar image for zeforgotten
#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10368 posts) -

I hasn't killed me so far and I don't think it will kill ...me, excuse me 'reads a comment' 
 
@DillonWerner said:

You could get salmonella or another food poisoning, but I don't think you will die unless you have really bad cholesterol or diabetes or something attune to those.

Well fuck, then I guess I am gonna die. 
Oh well, I can think of worse ways to die. 
Avatar image for whampire
#21 Posted by Whampire (60 posts) -

You'll be fine as long as you don't eat the little anthropomorphic dough ball in the hat that's been talking to you since you bought the tube.

Avatar image for internetcrab
#22 Posted by InternetCrab (1581 posts) -

Depends on how much you ate. However, you will most likely be fine.

Avatar image for mcghee
#23 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@McGhee said:

@MAGZine said:

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Actually, it can kill you quite dead.

It can, but it won't. He has a better chance of going outside and getting hit by a car.

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Avatar image for phatmac
#24 Posted by Phatmac (5930 posts) -

I HAVE THE ANTIDOTE, YOU JUST ATE POISON!

Avatar image for whampire
#25 Posted by Whampire (60 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@McGhee said:

@MAGZine said:

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Actually, it can kill you quite dead.

It can, but it won't. He has a better chance of going outside and getting hit by a car.

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

This is apples & oranges territory.

Raw cookie dough: Worth the risk!

Avatar image for thebeastwithtwobacks
#26 Posted by thebeastwithtwobacks (145 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I like how your first reaction is to ask GB.

Avatar image for magzine
#27 Posted by MAGZine (441 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@MAGZine said:

Cookie dough contains raw egg, which has a chance of carrying salmonella.

You could get salmonella poisoning, but it's not really life-threatening. It'll make you sick for a bit and not much else. Usually raw egg is fine... I eat cookie dough all the time.

Actually, it can kill you quite dead.

If don't sleep or hydrate yourself, then yes, salmonella will kill you quite dead. But if you drink your water and get your sleep, the chances are enormously in your favor that you will not, in fact, be killed dead.

Avatar image for pyromagnestir
#28 Posted by pyromagnestir (4452 posts) -

@McGhee said:

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Do you live in a plastic bubble? I mean really these sentences, in a thread about raw cookie dough no less, just astound me. Unless you're joking. I hope you're joking.

Avatar image for mcghee
#29 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Do you live in a plastic bubble? I mean really these sentences, in a thread about raw cookie dough no less, just astound me. Unless you're joking. I hope you're joking.

I didn't know there was a raw cookie dough jihad going on. I just pointed out that it is not the best idea. -__-

Avatar image for pyromagnestir
#30 Posted by pyromagnestir (4452 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Do you live in a plastic bubble? I mean really these sentences, in a thread about raw cookie dough no less, just astound me. Unless you're joking. I hope you're joking.

I didn't know there was a raw cookie dough jihad going on. I just pointed out that it is not the best idea. -__-

But you compared eating raw cookie dough to running around in a field during a thunderstorm. Even if you're exaggerating, that's kinda nuts.

Now I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to wager that, lets just keep this limited to the years I've been alive, so lets say during the last 25 years the number of people that died due to thunderstorms is way higher than the number of people that died from diseases they got eating raw cookie dough both collectively and proportionally.

Avatar image for whampire
#31 Posted by Whampire (60 posts) -

Anybody ever eat raw cookie dough in a thunderstorm?

Because it sounds awesome.

Avatar image for mcghee
#32 Posted by McGhee (6128 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Do you live in a plastic bubble? I mean really these sentences, in a thread about raw cookie dough no less, just astound me. Unless you're joking. I hope you're joking.

I didn't know there was a raw cookie dough jihad going on. I just pointed out that it is not the best idea. -__-

But you compared eating raw cookie dough to running around in a field during a thunderstorm. Even if you're exaggerating, that's kinda nuts.

Now I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to wager that, lets just keep this limited to the years I've been alive, so lets say during the last 25 years the number of people that died due to thunderstorms is way higher than the number of people that died from diseases they got eating raw cookie dough both collectively and proportionally.

The point was not to compare the dangers in terms of numbers in eating raw cookie dough to running in a field during a thunderstorm, but to say "why take unnecessary risks?" But I rarely eat cookies and never cookie dough. So get your dough and go at it. Whatever.

Avatar image for stinky
#33 Posted by stinky (1564 posts) -

i've tried to kill Lord British before, it can't be done.

doubt cookie dough will fair any better.

Avatar image for harkat
#34 Posted by Harkat (1171 posts) -

Bye

Avatar image for sithtoast
#35 Posted by SithToast (187 posts) -
No Caption Provided

@AlexanderSheen said:

You are already dead.

Avatar image for harkat
#36 Posted by Harkat (1171 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I HAVE THE ANTIDOTE, YOU JUST ATE POISON!

I GOT THE POISON

I GOT THE REMEDY

I GOT THE PULSATING RHYTHMICAL REMEDY

Avatar image for privateirontfu
#37 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -

@McGhee said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@McGhee said:

Yeah, so why not run around in fields during thunder storms too?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? "Hey there is something out there that is more dangerous. So this less dangerous thing is just fine!"

Do you live in a plastic bubble? I mean really these sentences, in a thread about raw cookie dough no less, just astound me. Unless you're joking. I hope you're joking.

I didn't know there was a raw cookie dough jihad going on. I just pointed out that it is not the best idea. -__-

But you compared eating raw cookie dough to running around in a field during a thunderstorm. Even if you're exaggerating, that's kinda nuts.

Now I don't know the numbers, but I'm willing to wager that, lets just keep this limited to the years I've been alive, so lets say during the last 25 years the number of people that died due to thunderstorms is way higher than the number of people that died from diseases they got eating raw cookie dough both collectively and proportionally.

The point was not to compare the dangers in terms of numbers in eating raw cookie dough to running in a field during a thunderstorm, but to say "why take unnecessary risks?" But I rarely eat cookies and never cookie dough. So get your dough and go at it. Whatever.

What in the holy hell are you talking about? I'm just saying, statistically, he's more likely to be hit by a car than get salmonella poisoning. And he's not very likely to get hit by a car. I wasn't advocating him to 'take a risk' and eat cookie dough (which is ridiculous sounding as it is), I was merely pointing out that there's not much of a risk to begin with.

Bottom line, yes, you can get salmonella. You probably won't. But even if you do, the chance of death is so extremely rare that it's not worth worrying about. Most likely, you'd just get diarrhea for a day or two.

Avatar image for pyromagnestir
#38 Posted by pyromagnestir (4452 posts) -

@McGhee said:

The point was not to compare the dangers in terms of numbers in eating raw cookie dough to running in a field during a thunderstorm, but to say "why take unnecessary risks?" But I rarely eat cookies and never cookie dough. So get your dough and go at it. Whatever.

Unnecessary I agree with. Risk, not so much. In my mind the eating raw cookie dough is as risky as eating anything else is. Particularly things like fruits or veggies that you'd eat raw, or eating food that someone else has cooked/handled like in a restaurant. There's always a small chance something might be bad about it, but I never think about that. Maybe my mind is wrong about that. But I mean they have cookie dough ice cream which just has chunks of cookie dough in it, right? Eh I'm thinking way to much about this.

And I don't mean to be a dick about this. Sorry if I'm coming off that way. I just found that quote fascinating.

Avatar image for mikemcn
#39 Edited by Mikemcn (8173 posts) -

1 in 10,000 eggs contains Salmonella. So when you're at home, and you put an egg in cookie dough and eat it, you most likely will never get salmonella.

However, the company that made that cookie dough brings in 30,000 eggs everyday, mixes them all together, and makes huge batches of dough. The chances that you got at least part of those 3 tainted eggs is relatively large in that circumstance.

So don't eat raw cookie dough you buy in the store.

Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#40 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

I've always thought cookie dough to a strange thing. Who ever looked at unbaked cookie dough and thought "I'll eat that."

Avatar image for whampire
#41 Edited by Whampire (60 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

I've always thought cookie dough to a strange thing. Who ever looked at unbaked cookie dough and thought "I'll eat that."

Me.

In this line of thinking, though, who would ever want to eat guacamole?

Avatar image for jasonr86
#42 Edited by JasonR86 (10178 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish:

Fuck it.

EDIT: NOT THE DOUGH!!!!

I mean, have a 'fuck it' attitude about eating the dough.

Whew.

Avatar image for s0ndor
#43 Posted by S0ndor (2717 posts) -

Cookie dough, bake that shit.

Avatar image for tehmaxxorz
#44 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1190 posts) -

You'll be fine, there's a tiny risk you'll get salmonella from the raw egg in it. I wouldn't consider eating it regularly as part of your diet, because then you might actually get something serious.

Avatar image for freshbandito
#45 Posted by Freshbandito (705 posts) -

@Harkat said:

@Phatmac said:

I HAVE THE ANTIDOTE, YOU JUST ATE POISON!

I GOT THE POISON

I GOT THE REMEDY

I GOT THE PULSATING RHYTHMICAL REMEDY

God Bless you.

Anyway don't go around eating raw cookie dough, this is why developed nations are so obese...

Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#46 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

@Whampire said:

@eroticfishcake said:

I've always thought cookie dough to a strange thing. Who ever looked at unbaked cookie dough and thought "I'll eat that."

Me.

In this line of thinking, though, who would ever want to eat guacamole?

Aztecs...alternatively you can slap it on your face provided that you're a middle-aged woman desperately trying to cling onto youth.

Spray on cheese though? Now that's just taking the piss.

Avatar image for razielcuts
#47 Posted by RazielCuts (3269 posts) -
Avatar image for video_game_king
#48 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

It's a conspiracy. They don't want you to eat the cookie dough because they want it all for themselves. Who are they? Those fucking Keebler elves. Who else did you expect?

Avatar image for whampire
#49 Posted by Whampire (60 posts) -

I'm sitting here starting to feel like I might die if I don't eat some raw cookie dough.

Avatar image for pyromagnestir
#50 Posted by pyromagnestir (4452 posts) -

@Freshbandito said:

@Harkat said:

@Phatmac said:

I HAVE THE ANTIDOTE, YOU JUST ATE POISON!

I GOT THE POISON

I GOT THE REMEDY

I GOT THE PULSATING RHYTHMICAL REMEDY

God Bless you.

Anyway don't go around eating raw cookie dough, this is why developed nations are so obese...

Heh. At first I thought you might've been talking about this... Now I want to pass the torture onto others. I'm a terrible person.