Am I the only one who doesn't like beer?

• 176 results
AMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By AMonkey

I 'hate' beer. Tastes like crap, contains gluten, makes me feel bloated, has low alcohol content. That said I'll still drink it if its free. I much prefer red wine, sherry, port, cocktails and cider.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Beer is great. It's just nice to drink.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Nekroskop

Just dont drink that garbage Miller/Miller Light/Bud/Rolling Rock and you're good.

I've dispatched 5 beer agents to your position with a keg of the finest beer. Stay where you are.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#105  Edited By tourgen

I like a beer or two in the summer. I'm not usually drinking to get drunk so that part isn't an issue for me. Maybe try some Belgium beers. They seem to brew some good stuff. La Chouffe is nice and I can get it local here in the middle of nowhere USA.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#106  Edited By cornbredx

Pro tip: Any time you are wondering if you are the only one and decide to ask the internet- the answer is no.

In your circle of friends it sounds like you are the only one, yes.

This is a thread full of dumb.

Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

I've never really found any alcohol that I enjoyed, but then again I've never really bothered putting much effort into trying to find something worth drinking. I've never really been interested in spending time and money for it when I'm perfectly happy with tea and juice.

Also, this belongs here (and is really the only reason I bothered posting a message at all)

Loading Video...

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In my experience, those who don't enjoy beer (or wine, rum, whiskey, etc.) probably haven't had the good stuff. Go to a local brewery and take a tour! Learn about the various types of beer a little bit and maybe you'll enjoy it more.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Get out.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually find that people who claim they hate the taste of beer have only had shitty tasting beer, bud light and the like. Now give someone a Yuengling Lager, now that's some damn good shit. And I find Troeg's even better, but a lot of people find it too hoppy, or bitter.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't drink any form of alcohol so no, you aren't the only one.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Had a sip of it when I was a kid of about three or so (it was in a can and, not knowing the difference, thought it was some soda like Dr. Pepper or Pepsi) and I absolutely hated it. The taste and smell stayed with me for years and I pretty much swore it off after that.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beer is not for getting drunk off. Your friends are doing it wrong.

Also, it's probably shitty American beer they drink, so that doesn't help.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't like beer, but I love free beer.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I don't care for it either, but I'm sure it's more of an acquired taste.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alcohol is dumb for too many reasons to count, tops being it tastes awful and people act like morons when consuming it.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

All alcohol is terrible so yeah take that.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're just drinking the wrong beer. Go with craft beers for now on, fuck the cheap domestics. Some of my favorite micro breweries are 21st Amendment, Founders, Troegs, southern Tier, Dogfish Head. There are countless small micro breweries each with their own distinct beers. I hated beer when I was younger until I was turned on to craft beers. I'd rather drink my own piss than drink a Miller or Bud Lite.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By Cramsy

@skyrider said:

@cramsy said:

I like beer. Well, I like good beers.

There's a big "well I DONT drink so there" crowd on Giantbomb which I find super interesting. It's fine to not drink but those who don't are usually pretty vocal about it here

As someone who doesn't drink, that doesn't surprise me. It is the internet, where it's much easier to find like-minded individuals. At least for me, it's really hard to find other people my age (I'm 24) who don't drink at all, and the reaction I get when I tell people (which is only when I'm offered a drink) is pretty much a mixed bag.

And to be on topic, it depends on the beer. In the short time that I did drink (which was for 2-3 months one summer), I found that a lot of beer tastes horrible, but there's also plenty that tastes pretty good. I just don't like the feeling I get when I consume alcohol in any amount.

Yeah I guess that's true. It's just funny that this topic is "who doesn't like beer" and people just need to say that 'but all alcohol is crap!?'. It always always happens with these types of threads. "Favorite type of whiskey?" 'Oh no, not me. never drank never will!!'

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

I love only the best beer.

Miyuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't like beer. My friends are really into craft beers, but I never taste any nuance... just tastes like beer. I'm a wine person myself, with the occasional gin and tonic or white russian. I've determined that I just don't like the taste of hops, as I can tolerate less hoppy beers (like stout.)

Imst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I liked beer so much...But cant drink right now..i'm under medication..so right now i dont like beers WUHHAHAHA :D

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: In my defense this is the only time I have ever titled a thread like that.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124  Edited By Hamst3r

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck beer. Or more accurately, fuck all alcohol. I don't like any of it.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me some delicious whiskey, rum, brandy or even vodka... beer's fucking gross.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#126  Edited By ajamafalous

Genuinely glad to see everyone jumping down the throat of the thread title.

Also yes.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acidbrandon18: As a billion others have said here already, of course you are. The only one.

Now that the cliche is over, lets get down to business... beer! An awesome drink that not everyone likes. But drinks are cool (love me a white russian), and so is wine. So don't get your knickers in a twist mate, it's all good. Some like it dark and brown, others prefer strong and fast. You know?

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an acquired taste. Think of it like coffee. I've never come across a person who loved coffee for beer the first time they tired them. I fucking hated beer when I first started drinking. Now I love it so much that I brew my own.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of beer myself. I perfer vine (usually white) or liquor (rakija)

Avatar image for strikerthelizard
StrikerTheLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally love tasting and drinking beers from all around the world, from all types of different breweries. Yes, it's an acquired taste, I'll give you that, but acting like drinking liquor or girly cocktails makes you better in any way at all is really fucking hilarious and you should probably not drink at all.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@video_game_king: In my defense this is the only time I have ever titled a thread like that.

In my defense, I'm only mocking the dickheads who'd actually post like that :P.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#133  Edited By AndrewB

Takes an amazingly good beer. Give me a good wine over it any day, though.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Beer is really the only alcohol that I like. Hard liquor and mixed drinks aren't for me at all, and I don't care for most wine either. I do enjoy a good beer though, and I mean a good beer, none of this Bud Lite shit. Honestly though, I have like a beer a month or something like that. I'm not really much of a drinker.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I only drink cider, and I only drink for taste.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Beer is far and away my favourite drink. Nothing beats a good beer, and nothing but a good beer beats a bad beer.

Screw this, I don't care if it's not even 10 AM yet, I'm going to go get some beer.

Nova Scotia Representin'
Nova Scotia Representin'

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the taste of beer even though I have on several occasions tried to get used to it. It just tastes horrendous to me, regardless of brand etc.
When I get drinks it's usually either some cider (Strongbow, Aspall or Magners/Bulmers) or some nice wine. Not a fan of shots or really strong stuff either since I generally don't drink "to get drunk", too old for that shit. Although a mojito or a simple gin/tonic now and again is alright :)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@e30bmw said:

@chrystolis said:
@rick_fingers said:
(sidebar: beer is rad, but American beer is almost universally hot garbage. If you're drinking just to get smashed, you're doing it wrong)

There's loads of good beer in the US. It's a shame most people think of the cheap American "pilsners" as a symbol of what American beer has to offer.

This it always bums me out when people complain about American beers, when there are tons of terrific stuff brewed all over the country.

The craft beer movement in the US is the envy of the world. Europeans Discovering American Craft Beer

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#139  Edited By mike

Speaking of American craft beer...today I have a nice giant ass bottle of Oud Bruin belgian style ale from Grand Teton Brewing Co. in Idaho. It's not as sour as the Belgian ales I'm used to drinking like St. Sebastiaan, but it's pretty damn good. Tastes like it's around 9% alcohol.

I went to the store today intending to get "real" food and ended up with a bunch of beer, sausage, and cheese. I guess that will work.

No Caption Provided

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up to this point I haven't liked beer. I think it comes down to early bad experience with it tainting my perception of it. I had the same thing happen to a worse degree with coffee (basically had a gag reflex at the taste of coffee from about 10 on, I just got to a point where I could drink it again in the last like 6 months or so). Since I was able to overcome my dislike of coffee, I've decided to give been another go. To that end having friends who know a lot about it is nice because I can try a bunch of stuff and they can recommend stuff too.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alot of people don't like beer. those people are wrong.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@demonknightinuyasha: I think for a lot of people it's a taste that comes with age. I didn't like beer nearly as much when I was a younger man, but now that I'm in my 30's it's one of my favorite indulgences. I feel the same way about cheese and cured foods like salami, it's just something that develops over time.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I can't stand beer, it just tastes fucking horrible. I kind of feel the same about alcohol in general, can't stand the taste and don't care about getting drunk (especially with the ensuing results the next day) though that slight buzz from drinking reasonably is totally great, though ultimately even then the stuff just doesn't agree with me. So I just don't drink at all anymore.

SuperTess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like beer until I hit my 30s, when I tried some dark beers and realized I only like dark beer. Although this summer I did acquire quite the taste for Shipyard Summer Ale, so I guess I'm branching out.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like Beer? You either haven't found the right one for you or you're not drinking it right :D

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Yes, you are the only person on this planet that doesn't like beer. Feel very ashamed.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#147 gamer_152  Moderator

I really enjoy beer, but I've known people who don't like it. If all you're looking for in your alcoholic drink is how fast it can get you loaded though, you're a crazy person!

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do yourself a favor, fly over to Germany. Or the Czech Republic. There´s some damn fine beer around here.

If you still hate it then.. well, then you might be THE ONLY ONE!

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Ghostiet

I don't trust people who don't like beer.

Of course, I am talking about actual good beer, not the one designed to be drank in dozens to get smashed during a game.