Amsterdam meetup tonight? Nov 1st

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey everybody, this is a little last minute but I'll be in Amsterdam for a couple of days starting tonight and wondering if anyone wants to grab a beer? I floated the idea on Twitter and a few people expressed interest. I'll be staying at a hotel real close to the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museums. I know nothing about the area. Nothing! So if anyone has a suggestion where a good place to grab a beer where you can ask me anything that would be great! Twitter users GB_Oni CraveShins and Phara0h are in the area but not sure who else! I am only using wifi so it's a bit thought for me to answer right away but I'll be checking in as much as I can.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also cc: @Blue_Cube @Demmetje @_Phara0h_ @Bicycle_Repairman @Pingu44 and others who are on the duders geomap and look close by? https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=971392

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Drop down menus are not working for me, please fix.

(Have fun in Amsterdam)

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Spidergoat

@alexisg: Drinking's cool and all Alexis, but you can do that in countless places. What you can't do in a whole lot of places is buy weed in a coffee shop. See where I'm going with this? Spirit on Westerstraat has multiple pinball machines, including a damn good Theatre of Magic table, but my suggestions are uneducated as I've lived her for like 2.5 years and I don't live in Amsterdam, so anyone else's ideas are sure to be better?

Edit: CraveShins is meeeeee

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Should have visited exactly a year earlier, I'm several countries away now. Have fun in Amsterdam though, it's an incredible city!

Me, I'll keep looking forward to the date when a duder wants to plan a Lisbon meetup.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Apparently, there's an actual Barcade-style bar in Amsterdam: The TonTon Club, which is more towards the centre of Amsterdam (and the more "notorious" places, if you know what I mean). Haven't been there myself (yet!), so can't give first hand impressions.

Also, within the canals district Amsterdam is teeming with bars, big and small, so it's hard to pick out a single place to recommend (also doesn't help that it's been awhile since I was in Amsterdam). The Leidseplein is a good place with a lot of bars, IIRC.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff: Hahahaha, I know all too well where this place is. I would gladly take Alexis there lol, he can see some of the local workforce!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I actually have a date there tonight. Maybe we'll meet each other without knowing it.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By burgavo

Shame shame, I live quite close to Amsterdam, but will be at my parrents place in the north-east of the country this weekend, also not that familliar with the bars in Amsterdam since I mostly go to Melkweg or Paradiso for concerts when I choose to go to Amsterdam, but Leidseplein seems as good a place as any to start I guess.

Anyway have fun tonight Alexis hope you survive unscathed

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bumping this topic so Alexis can find some drinking buddies!

LimblessPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Afternoon. Welcome to this beautiful city. My name is Willem and from what you say about your location you are within walking distance of many activities. If you care to eat/drink/dance go to Leidseplein area, about a 10 minute walk from your location. You will find all kinds of restaurants, cafes, clubs and some familiar fast food places. The VondelPark witch is our version of Central Park in NY but smaller, is also a great place to just hang out or have lunch. You can really pick out the vibe of the city by walking through the park. If you are looking to have a place to have drinks with other duders and can be found by everyone then you will probably find a place in the Leidseplein area it depends what you in the mood for. If you want to chill and listen to live Jazz i recommend a place called Jazz Cafe Alto.It's tiny! but great place to experience jazz up close. Remember walking will get you far in this small city. If there is anything i can do to help, tips on taking the tram,bus or where to find the closest McDonalds please feel free to ask. I guess if you want to contact me then use a PM or i will check this forum later. Let's see if we can get some GB dudes together to have some drinks with you. Enjoy your stay.

-Willem

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was there last week :(. Edinburgh now, speaking of which, I wonder if any duders are around here.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doors on Spuistraat might be the way forward, super cheap beer, good music, not completely packed with tourists - I'm down for whatever though

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will definitely come by if there is a place chosen out.

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I'm out of town for the weekend, but I'll probably be back on monday. So if there's a meetup then, I'll try to be there. Enjoy your stay!

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go to the Bulldog along the canal in the red light for nice wood rooms and space unless it's packed which fuck knows, or further down there's this place almost on the corner which I can't remember the name of which did the nicest fucking hot chocolates.

MonsterCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be joining if this is going down!

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mmmorrowind92: You could not name a more tourist-filled hell hole on a Saturday night if you tried

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, have a good time!

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pingu44: Really? I went on a Sunday at lunch, and it was pretty chilled out.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pingu44: how about we pick something in Leidseplein? It's close by to my hotel and a good start. The doors and some of the other places that have been mentioned sound like good places to end up eventually if things keep going. I could go for a place with food as well. I just got to my hotel and will be hungry.

What time is good for people in Leidseplein area? I probably need to eat around 7 but if you pick a place for me I am really good at sitting and drinking by myself.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mmmorrowind92: That place is like the very first stop for drunk/high English lads on a stag weekend, as a result it becomes pretty grating when you move here to avoid exactly that kind of person

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexisg: I'm down for Leidseplein, I just don't know it particularly well apart from the metal bar up the road - I'm open for any and all suggestions

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long are you staying? I'm only two hours away.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw: I'll be here till Monday afternoon. But will definitely stay out tonight if people are around. Hardest part will be communicating since I onl y have wifi but once we pick a spot we should be good.

Spidergoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I was down for Leidseplein, but it turns out my boss had other ideas and now I'm working late.

I won't use the exact word I have in mind for him, but let's just say it begins with a c and rhymes with hunt.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pingu44 said:

I won't use the exact word I have in mind for him, but let's just say it begins with a c and rhymes with hunt.

Loading Video...

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright kids. I am gonna meet one of the duders in front of the Apple Store on leidse plain at 7:30. From there we will find a place. Probably just easier to do it this way since I have no idea if places will be full. If you wanna meet me there at 7:30 that works. Otherwise I'll update this spot as soon as I can to let let you all know where I will be at.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@corevi said:
@pingu44 said:

Loading Video...

Rofl that is one hell of a video...wait..Did I go to far?

LimblessPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexisg: If you are looking for Indonesian food try Bojo two streets from Leidseplein. Want to eat steak i recommend Gauchos or any Brazilian one in Leidseplein. There is great noodle place called Wagamama close to Hard Rock Cafe in Leidseplein. Any of these sound good?

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By burgavo

@alexisg Wagamama has some great ramen or curry rice dishes if your into that and they are pretty cheap, also good place to eat with larger groups.

anyway sad to miss this meetup, have fun guys

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I could join, but prior arrangements! Also, my personal experience with Dutch rails tells me I wouldn't be back home until 5 AM tomorrow.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alexisg

Cc in case you missed that last update. I'll try and update this thread with our eventual destination! But for now I'll be hanging by the Apple Store before 7:30 @cutyoface: @monstercrab: @trafalgarlaw:

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Sorry Alexis, today is real short notice and I don't think I'd be back in time with the railways. Have fun guys with whoever is going!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I don't think I can justify myself going to Amsterdam again this year, even if it would be for an awesome meetup like this. But I can give drinking establishment recommendations. De Pilsener Club and In De Wilderman are probably two of my favorite bars/pubs in central Europe. Really great service and awesome bar snacks.

LimblessPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet!!!! i may be able to make it.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexisg: I will be able to make it but only a bit later than 19:30 because of the train.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutyoface: sounds good. There seems to be plenty of wifi around here. I'll update as necessary.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current status. At the social club near the apple store

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wish I could've joined you guys, have fun!

MonsterCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good times were had! Thanks to Alexis for hanging out.

As promised here's the pic we took:

http://imgur.com/pdy4dS4

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good times were had! Thanks to Alexis for hanging out.

As promised here's the pic we took:

http://imgur.com/pdy4dS4

Haha was that at the bar?

MonsterCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was at an arcade/bar in the red light district.

We got our asses whooped by Alexis in Street Figther 2!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ball pit in a bar, eh? If this were in America, there'd definitely be piss, shit, vomit, blood, and some other stuff in there. Of course, countries outside of America don't usually treat drinking like a competition and thus they tend to avoid such shenanigans.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LeStephan

@cooljammer00: No reason for that chance being any less in the netherlands, trust me haha

@monstercrab: :O i've been to amsterdam plenty of times but have never heard of a place like that, whats it called?