Amy Winehouse found dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By mnzy

I really like her music and for whatever reason had alot of empathy for her, I'm usually not the person to care for celebrities. 
Probably the combination of her lyrics and lyrics, seeing how her condition got worse and worse and that she's only a little older than me.
She surrounded herself with really bad people, I meanher boyfriend was Pete Doherty for a while, who I've seen squirting blood from his heroine needle into a camera ffs.

So yeah, I find this pretty depressing because I was hoping she would get better one day, rest in peace.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By xMP44x
@alternate said:
I had no real attachment to the singer, I just started the thread as news.  Found myself skipping to the end after reading the first 5 pages of replies though.  Don't know why I am surprised but God damn internet forums really are filled with dicks.  Not news and I shouldn't really have expected GB community to be more caring or at least tactful than say TMZ or 4chan but really, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Anonymity breeds intolerance. People seem to disregard human decency when they're anonymous, because it doesn't concern them. I understand people might not be all that concerned but at the same time, all they have to do is say it came as no surprise or something rather than making other comments. I find it saddening that Giant Bomb's community has just been compared to the community at TMZ and 4chan; I always felt Giant Bomb was a class above those. Hopefully it still is.
Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Lifestrike

...Was she ever found alive?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By yakov456

Does this mean I have to hear that one horrible song she had over and over now?

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By Black_Rose
@xMP44x said:
@alternate said:
I had no real attachment to the singer, I just started the thread as news.  Found myself skipping to the end after reading the first 5 pages of replies though.  Don't know why I am surprised but God damn internet forums really are filled with dicks.  Not news and I shouldn't really have expected GB community to be more caring or at least tactful than say TMZ or 4chan but really, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Anonymity breeds intolerance. People seem to disregard human decency when they're anonymous, because it doesn't concern them. I understand people might not be all that concerned but at the same time, all they have to do is say it came as no surprise or something rather than making other comments. I find it saddening that Giant Bomb's community has just been compared to the community at TMZ and 4chan; I always felt Giant Bomb was a class above those. Hopefully it still is.
He is overreacting. All that has been done in this topic is saying how unsurprising it is and pointing out how someone can treat her own life in such a way considering how many people lost their life yesterday, and of course making a few jokes. We haven't gone as far as posting pics of her corpse ormaking irrespectful photoshops. 
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By jasta

Shame, seeing people waste away like that.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By cnlmullen

@xMP44x said:

I find it saddening that Giant Bomb's community has just been compared to the community at TMZ and 4chan; I always felt Giant Bomb was a class above those. Hopefully it still is.

*skims thread*

Nope, definitely not.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#158  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ryanwho said:
@ajamafalous said:

I honestly don't think I've ever heard an Amy Winehouse song.

Its impossible for you to have lived through 2009 without hearing this. 

she didnt look too bad actually..
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By CL60
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@ryanwho said:
@ajamafalous said:

Yup, quite sad really.. 

No Caption Provided
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By mnzy
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@ryanwho said:

@ajamafalous said:

This is how she started. (Somehow can't embed videos)
And wasn't Rehab way earlier? 2006 I would say.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@CL60: No no, i meant she looked hot
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Pibo47

Totally got some deadpool points off her death though... 
XD

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Sharpless

It's always sad when someone loses their life so young, but this woman gave her life away. She rejected any outside help -- hell, she even sang a song about refusing help -- and let herself die. I'm sorry that she wasted her life, but that's as far as my sympathy goes. I know what it's like to suffer from addictions. I've been there. But everything I've seen from her has been very Charlie Sheen-like -- "I don't give a fuck, I'm not going to die, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, because fuck you." She didn't appear to want to fight. So, don't feel fucking sorry for her. I mourn the loss of a life that could've been put to better use, but I do not mourn the life that she chose.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

im sure this has been said before...but she should have went to rehab, but she said no, no, no
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Oh shit Giantbomb, you really dropped the ball here.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By TorMasturba

Oh well, kind of inevitable really, at the foolish rate that she was going in any case.

I hope her death was painless and comfortable.

EDIT: I truly hate to say this about anyone but I get the feeling we're going to be seeing this same sort of article with Charlie Sheen before too long as well.

Avatar image for halfcirclepunch
halfcirclepunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By halfcirclepunch

Great talent + Horrible lifestyle = tragic loss for everyone left behind

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yakov456 said:

now you are going to hear it more  :( 

and lawl at GB people pretending to give a shit....pathetic fake sympathy to make yourself look/feel good is pathetic. 
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Her death was just a formality as the woman was clearly already dead inside. 

....yet Pete Docherty still walks the fucking Earth!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
and lawl at GB people pretending to give a shit....pathetic fake sympathy to make yourself look/feel good is pathetic. 
Boom! That's why you're my favorite uncomfortable-avatar member
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Fajita_Jim

And The 27 Club adds another. What's with that?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#173  Edited By Akeldama

And nothing of value was lost. After what happened in Norway, how can anyone give a fuck about one dead junkie? Priorities, guys.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

@yakov456 said:

now you are going to hear it more :( and lawl at GB people pretending to give a shit....pathetic fake sympathy to make yourself look/feel good is pathetic.

This. A thousand times this.

Seriously, stop pretending to give a fuck, talking about "wasted talent" to make yourself feel good about the fact that you have some sympathy in you. We all do, but some of us reserve that sympathy for those more deserving.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#175  Edited By leebmx

Poor woman. What a horrible, horrible couple of days.

Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Winger

Nothing but bad news today, huh everyone? 

A lady set on the wrong path, she knowingly never hurt anyone. If you're going to hate someone make it justified and useful, like that dude that killed 87 people I read about on kotaku.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ClaritySam

I wonder if the people in this thread saying ignorant things like "good riddance" would change their tune if it was someone close to them who suffered from drug addiction.  I suspect they would.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By FunExplosions
@VinceNotVance said:
Please don't make any comparisons between her & Kurt Cobain or Joplin or Hendrix.
THEY ALL HAVE LONG HAIRHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179  Edited By EuanDewar

@ClaritySam said:

I wonder if the people in this thread saying ignorant things like "good riddance" would change their tune if it was someone close to them who suffered from drug addiction. I suspect they would.

The last time many people in this thread went through any emotional ups and downs was during the ending of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#180  Edited By Jayzilla

Drugs are bad, m'kay?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By monetarydread

Am I an asshole for lauging at this?

Cuz I did.

She had an amazing voice, but she chose to become a crackhead and I have no sympathy for a dead crackhead.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ClaritySam said:
I wonder if the people in this thread saying ignorant things like "good riddance" would change their tune if it was someone close to them who suffered from drug addiction.  I suspect they would.
hmmmm...let's look at some scenarios.  (only one is true)

1) Over-privileged woman brought up in a perfectly normal home, ends up making shitty music and gets tons of money and uses it to buy lots of drugs and alcohol and buys whatever else the fuck she wants due to money/fame. Said woman abuses these substances too much, dies after many people who cared about her offered help. Said woman dies. Receives mass media attention with people giving shits.   

- I proceed to not give a fuck, due to A) not knowing what she is like as a person, having no relationship and hence connection with her B) contributed nothing of real meaning to our world C) was completely brought about by herself and had plenty of help available to prevent this. I feel okay making jokes as vulgar as I feel, etc..

2) Under-privileged guy comes from a broken home. His dad is an alcoholic and beats the shit out of his mom, and when he's drunk enough, beats the shit out of his son. Son gets tired of the fighting and the pain, turns to drugs and alcohol and finds escape. Abuses these drugs without anyone knowing or offering help. Kid dies. NO ONE gives a shit.  

- I proceed to give sort of a fuck in the way that I feel sorry for him. Do not give enough of a fuck because I do not know him personally, maybe he was a terrible person, who know. Either way, I have no emotional connection to him. But I can show sympathy.  I don't take it to heart to much, and I'm okay with joking about it, but I do no such thing. 

3) I have a brother that has a fairly normal life. I love my brother, even though he's kind of an idiot. Through his life, his marriage deteriorates. He turns to drugs, obviously a stupid choice, and he knows better. He abuses the drugs, and dies. No news story other than the obituary. Some people are sad. 

- I proceed to give lots of fucks and my life is crushed for some time. He was a pretty good person (though plenty of flaws), I had a close connection with him. If anyone were to crack a joke, I would break their neck.  

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#183  Edited By N7

What the fuck? I could have SWORN with everything that is holy that HLN said that Amy Winehouse just got out of rehab today and was going on tour in a few days.

Graiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Graiden

Maybe I am a heartless bastard, but I find myself not caring at all about her death. Don't get me wrong I don't wish death on anyone, but it was most likely her own doing through drug abuse/addiction. There are 10's of thousands of people who die every day, but because she was famous everyone cares about her. I've actually heard her sing live with the the band removed and no vocal assistance and it was actually quite an atrocious performance, so she didn't even seem to be a good singer.

Keep in mind these are only my opinions.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Pinworm45

I kinda feel bad now that I made my WoW guilds STFU rank - the lowest rank where members can't talk - named Amy Winehouse a month ago.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By cnlmullen

@lilburtonboy7489 said:

now you are going to hear it more :( and lawl at GB people pretending to give a shit....pathetic fake sympathy to make yourself look/feel good is pathetic.

People feel like they know celebrities, and although it's a one way relationship, in a way they do. It's natural for a person to feel sympathy for another person they feel they know.

What's worrying to me are people who are desensitized enough to bitch about other people who feel sympathy. It's one thing to be indifferent if you don't know the person, but to actively bitch about other people expressing sympathy is just sort of sad.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@N7 said:

What the fuck? I could have SWORN with everything that is holy that HLN said that Amy Winehouse just got out of rehab today and was going on tour in a few days.

she got out of rehab today? so when they told her to go to rehab she said... yes, yes, yes ? 

cannot compute!
Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#188  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

She couldn't have lives for much longer with her lifestyle.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By RE_Player1

Any of her songs up on Rock Band?

Graiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Graiden

@cnlmullen: This is no offense to you or your statement as I understand your point. But you have to admit it is kind of sad. Some people won't take the time to get to know people that live right next door, or even some family members they have lost contact with; but when a celeb dies it's a tragedy that rocks the foundations of their life. I kind of have a problem with that. My wife was upset over Amy Winehouse dying, but if our next door neighbor died (a good hardworking man) she wouldn't care. Why is Amy Winehouse greater than Reggie (next door neighbor). Also, she might have a one way relationship with Amy, but she can talk to Reggie or his wife if she wanted, Amy Winehouse didn't know my wife existed. This is why I think some people complain. At least this is why it bothers me that people go on and on about how this is so horrible. Yes, death is horrible, but how about getting involved talking to people you can actually know rather than worrying about what some celeb is eating for breakfast. People need to form caring relationships with people rather than acting like this famous person was your best friend, because no matter what people think, a one sided relationship kind of isn't real. Yes, people might know them as far as facts, but they don't "KNOW" them. That's the point.

My grandfather dying was tragic, to Amy's Mom I'm sure her death is tragic. I don't understand how you can get completely emotionally wrapped up in someone you don't know. Maybe the loss of her music is tragic (I don't think this though I wasn't a fan) to a person that doesn't really know her. Having a one sided emotional bond is something that is a little strange. Keep in mind I work in the media and someone being "famous" doesn't mean jack to me, so maybe that's why it seems weird to me. If I told you there was a dude named Jack that was a great father and husband and contributed a lot to the field engineering, but he wasn't famous. You might say, "Wow, that's awful, and you might even mean it as the story might have touched you." But you aren't going to go on Facebook and any other form of social media and start posting about Jack's Tragic death and how it was a loss to the world, which it may have been. But the thing is, Jack is not famous, so we don't give a crap enough to acknowledge it that way, and that my friend is the point, we idolize the famous whether they deserve it or not. There are some real famous A-holes, but when they die all we will hear about is how it is such a tragic loss.

This post is by no means meant to offend anyone. I enjoy constructive debate and this post should be treated as such.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#191  Edited By Boiglenoight

Really liked the Back to Black album. Didn't listen to her previous one. R.I.P.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Juicebox

Wait.... So when they say FOUND doe that mean she was LOST before?

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By avidwriter

She did drugs, a lot. It was her own fault. Seriously F-her.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#194  Edited By Claude

As bad as this thread has been, I think Amy Winehouse would understand. To you girl.

jaketaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By jaketaylor
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@crusader8463 said:

Was she someone important?

another MTV female "singer"..  RIP, but i won't miss her. the more typical pop female singers disappear, the better (not by dying though, just by.. disappearing.) In other words, i wish this wasn't death but rather a retirement so i can say FUCK YES 
Have you heard her first album? It's hard to consider her a "typical" pop singer, she had quite a unique voice.

Even so, seeing anybody striken down in their prime is saddening.
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#196  Edited By Hector

Doesn't shock me at all.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#197  Edited By Skytylz

I thought she died like two years ago from drugs?  Whatever, I don't really care.  

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#198  Edited By Synthballs

Shouldn't of said "no no no" when they tried to make her go to rehab.

Good Riddance. 

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By oysteinBrenne

25000 people die a day of hunger alone. When a child dies of starvation, after living a life suppressed by poverty and hardship, they die a silent death - unnoticed by the world. When a spoiled diva dies, after living of life of EXCESS, it's all people talk about. Why should I care about a wealthy singer who died, likely due to poor life choices, when they were lucky enough to not only be born into a middle class family, but to become famous. I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@alternate said:

was kinda inevitable. For what it is worth she did put out two killer albums before she became a full time junkie pisshead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

Didn't she actually try to do rehab?