• 59 results
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Gizmo

Ironically, Christmas is a pagan festival.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By crunchUK

LOL it WAS funny

I never believed in god in the first place, so i win. Although my mum does go to church every sunday

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Commando

We've always been a religious family. When I was little I hated church and thought it was a waste of a sunday morning when I could be watching Looney Tunes. Then when I got older I realized church was a good thing. It teaches morals, kindness, generosity, and it gives people a reason to live. 

Now that I'm in college I go whenever I can, but some sundays I can't seem to get up in time(hang-over, studies).
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ahriman22

My mom and dad didn't care when I told them, it really made no difference. I'm Atheist and they're both Agnostic.

For my step-mother though... She threw a fit, only way I stopped her was by hosing her down.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By Gmanall
Gunner said:
"Milkman said:
"BoG said:
"Bah, I have to say more. I don't see why it is so funny. Put yourself in that woman's shoes. It appears she really believes her religion, and if she's raised her son that way, you should understand why she would be upset. If she really believes that there is a God who will save us, it makes sense that she'd snap at the thought that her son won't be saved. "
I know this is terrible and is probably going to swing the this thread in the complete wrong direction but I really don't understand how people can REALLY believe in God. I just don't see how it is plausible to anyone who is thinking rationally. I don't get how someone can read the Bible and truly believe that there is this mysterious entity living in the sky who governs everything we do. It just doesn't make any sense to me and I don't get how it could make any sense to anyone else. I'm not trying to bash religious people but I really am confused. 
"
the same way hitler (not compairing religion to hitler here or anything of that nature, just the only thing i can think of as a comparison) was able to convince everyone that the nazi party was actually a good thing. most people are taught from a young age to believe in a god or a religion, and during that time, a humans brain is trying to absorb as much information as possible in order to survive. A human doesnt instinctively know that walking out into the middle of a highway is a bad thing, he must be taught by his elders not to do so. Same thing works with religion, a human who is born doesnt naturally believe in a god or religion, so by tradition, he must be taught to. "
The same way people believe there is no God.
Demo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Demo

That cat made my day. Hell, it made my month.

And that lady should look around and see how far up her rectum her head is.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Black_Rose

That was fantastic.

My family is still dealing with the fact that I don't believe in god, they aren't crazy religious but everytime the subject is brought up they try to make me change my mind.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By KaosAngel
Black_Rose said:
"That was fantastic. My family is still dealing with the fact that I don't believe in god, they aren't crazy religious but everytime the subject is brought up they try to make me change my mind. "
How about the the fact that you'll be in a place of fire that will constantly kill you...over and over again...
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60  Edited By JonathanMoore

Mothers like that should be killed.