RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By RodneythePom

*sarcasm below*

Animal Crossing...E for everyone...family friendly...full of loving characters willing to help you.

Or are they? This is the first AC game I have ever purchased and while the ESRB rating would lead you to believe this game is part of the Wii's family revolution, let me warn you, it is not. That's right, it is full of horrible horrible hidden messages. Allow me to entertain (hopefully) and expose this game that should be T or maybe even M.

Here's a few of the culprits that make this game more mature than it seems.

Raccoon or Capitalist Pig?
Tom Nook aka Capitalist Pig
Upon entering your village for the first time, you are casually greeted by a racoon, Mr. Tom Nook. He's sly, caniving and a loan shark. He offers you a house but then it becomes all too clear, he's really giving you a slave quarters. Nook immediately puts you to work in his story, Nook's Cranny, and bitches about how awful you are. He berates you for speed, quality and worst of all, he's cheap. I realized that Nook wasn't a helpful hand in my Animal Crossing town of "Dogville". No he is the resident Capitalist pig trying to bring down the working class with his fat cat ways. He even uses gimmicks to try and lure you to spend your hard earned bells. Giving you "points," for your purchases, but in the end, we all know what he's doing with that money. Purchasing more houses to "give" to other people starting out in Animal Crossing and then turning them in to slave labor.
Probably lives in a van down by the river

KK Slider aka Hippie
The only thing this dog has been sliding is a bunch of doobies. Every Saturday you can have the "privalege" of hearing this dog's music in the Museum basement. I can only assume that he spends the rest of the week getting high and writing more songs with strange beats and animal voices. He's a horrible cross of Enya and a broken Kazoo. Anyone in the town who thinks he is a great musician is probably either A) a groupie or B) high. After listening to Slider play his music, he covertly sneaks his music in to your pockets without asking. What a jackass, what if you went to a concert and the opening act said "hey thanks for listening to us, just so you know, we loaded our EP on to your Ipod's while you were ignoring us." Thanks but no thanks you hippie scum.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M YELLING ABOUT
Mr. Resetti aka Nazi
Want to end the night, don't really want to save? Well if you so much as dare to hit reset or turn off your system, Mr. Resetti emerges from the ground and give you a "talking to," about your ways. Resetti spends his days underground, watching you eat, sleep and play. When the time comes, he is more than happy to let you have it. Sure he may be trying to help you, but then again, this is America ('Merica in some parts) and in America ('Merica) we have freedom to do what we want without an outside force telling us how to live our lives. So get out of my face Resetti you power-button nazi.

Kapp'n aka Worthless Bum
He can't smile because he's made of fail.
You know that guy who "used to be someone?" That's Kapp'n, or should we say, bus driver. Yeah apperantly he used to ferry you to your own private island, but now he's been reduced to just driving the city bus. The last time I took a city bus, the driver looked like he wanted to commit suicide. Can't Kapp'n though, talk about a demotion. And to make it worse, he won't shut up about it. Every time you get on the bus, he talks about how he missed out on his glory days. It's like having to take a car ride with Grandpa except you can't turn on the radio. He will regale you with how you shouldn't waste your time which is ironic because with each word that comes out of his mouth, he wastes yours. Maybe instead of spending his dying days was a bus driver, he could make something of himself. I thought the Wii was about trying to promote being the best you can be, not reminding them that one day they could be the shit, and the next, driving the city bus for a bunch of animals.

The Secret Club aka Gay sex palour
It requires 3,000 bells to enter with an invitation. It is in a dark alley way. Let your imagination do the rest.....ew...

So as you can see, AC: City Folk is full of mature themes. WIth that said, the game is awesome!

RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RodneythePom

*sarcasm below*

Animal Crossing...E for everyone...family friendly...full of loving characters willing to help you.

Or are they? This is the first AC game I have ever purchased and while the ESRB rating would lead you to believe this game is part of the Wii's family revolution, let me warn you, it is not. That's right, it is full of horrible horrible hidden messages. Allow me to entertain (hopefully) and expose this game that should be T or maybe even M.

Here's a few of the culprits that make this game more mature than it seems.

Tom Nook aka Capitalist Pig
Upon entering your village for the first time, you are casually greeted by a racoon, Mr. Tom Nook. He's sly, caniving and a loan shark. He offers you a house but then it becomes all too clear, he's really giving you a slave quarters. Nook immediately puts you to work in his story, Nook's Cranny, and bitches about how awful you are. He berates you for speed, quality and worst of all, he's cheap. I realized that Nook wasn't a helpful hand in my Animal Crossing town of "Dogville". No he is the resident Capitalist pig trying to bring down the working class with his fat cat ways. He even uses gimmicks to try and lure you to spend your hard earned bells. Giving you "points," for your purchases, but in the end, we all know what he's doing with that money. Purchasing more houses to "give" to other people starting out in Animal Crossing and then turning them in to slave labor.

KK Slider aka Hippie
The only thing this dog has been sliding is a bunch of doobies. Every Saturday you can have the "privalege" of hearing this dog's music in the Museum basement. I can only assume that he spends the rest of the week getting high and writing more songs with strange beats and animal voices. He's a horrible cross of Enya and a broken Kazoo. Anyone in the town who thinks he is a great musician is probably either A) a groupie or B) high. After listening to Slider play his music, he covertly sneaks his music in to your pockets without asking. What a jackass, what if you went to a concert and the opening act said "hey thanks for listening to us, just so you know, we loaded our EP on to your Ipod's while you were ignoring us." Thanks but no thanks you hippie scum.

Mr. Resetti aka Nazi
Want to end the night, don't really want to save? Well if you so much as dare to hit reset or turn off your system, Mr. Resetti emerges from the ground and give you a "talking to," about your ways. Resetti spends his days underground, watching you eat, sleep and play. When the time comes, he is more than happy to let you have it. Sure he may be trying to help you, but then again, this is America ('Merica in some parts) and in America ('Merica) we have freedom to do what we want without an outside force telling us how to live our lives. So get out of my face Resetti you power-button nazi.

Kapp'n aka Worthless Bum
You know that guy who "used to be someone?" That's Kapp'n, or should we say, bus driver. Yeah apperantly he used to ferry you to your own private island, but now he's been reduced to just driving the city bus. The last time I took a city bus, the driver looked like he wanted to commit suicide. Can't Kapp'n though, talk about a demotion. And to make it worse, he won't shut up about it. Every time you get on the bus, he talks about how he missed out on his glory days. It's like having to take a car ride with Grandpa except you can't turn on the radio. He will regale you with how you shouldn't waste your time which is ironic because with each word that comes out of his mouth, he wastes yours. Maybe instead of spending his dying days was a bus driver, he could make something of himself. I thought the Wii was about trying to promote being the best you can be, not reminding them that one day they could be the shit, and the next, driving the city bus for a bunch of animals.

The Secret Club aka Gay sex palour
It requires 3,000 bells to enter with an invitation. It is in a dark alley way. Let your imagination do the rest.....ew...

So as you can see, AC: City Folk is full of mature themes. WIth that said, the game is awesome!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I think you took the game too seriously
ESRB guys know what they are doing

RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RodneythePom

is all done in the name of sarcasm beck...

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies

This is a good post