Anime Megathread III and Cartoon Megathread I!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Also, Working!!' has a third season upcoming. I'm excited. I'm sad the manga is ending this December tho...

I'm just hoping they'll go through all the material.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

@sergio: They never showed her getting her life together, she simply listened to a few messages from her mom then disappeared. She never explicitly stated that she was returning home, nor did she tell anyone, which is why everyone was confused and angry about her disappearance - and understandably so. They only found out later when their teacher said her mother had taken her out of school. Ryu even gets chewed-out about it from Kushieda. From the other characters perspectives, she simply vanished, sent a photo message of a star, then reappeared in a locker a year later. That ending was lame. I mean, seriously, we never see them interact as a true couple. She doesn't say she loves him back at the end when he says he loves her, if she can't do that, come on. How can you care for someone and then leave them in the dark as to what you're doing for an entire year? Pffbbbbht, anyway, it just hit me the wrong way. Haha. I let out a literal, "what the fuck was that!?" at the end and started hunting for the secret 26th episode that would put the band-aid on my booboo. :P

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2304  Edited By Hamst3r

@bocam: Cool, thanks for the suggestion!

I've watched up to episode 19 of Gurren Lagann so far. They just arrested Simon. The first 16 episodes were pretty crazypants. I guess they have to go fight the moon now? and then like, the whole universe? That's what the intro thing in episode 1 was hinting at, wasn't it? Hopefully it can keep up the craziness.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hamst3r: After you finish up Gurren, I strongly recommend watching Gunbuster and Diebuster, the arguable inspiration for a lot of Gurren Lagann.

Also take a look at Kill la Kill if you want more of the same type of pacing. It's essentially from the Gurren Lagann folks and while it doesn't do the insane ramp into craziness that Gurren does with the same grace, it's still a fun ride.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2306  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@sergio said:

@billymaysrip said:

Also, Working!!' has a third season upcoming. I'm excited. I'm sad the manga is ending this December tho...

I'm just hoping they'll go through all the material.

Wait, a third season?!

No Caption Provided

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Has anybody here started watching Zankyo no Terror/Terror in Resonance? Its really good...really fucking good.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2308  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@gaspower said:

Has anybody here started watching Zankyo no Terror/Terror in Resonance? Its really good...really fucking good.

I did. It is really good, although so far the girl and her storyline doesn't feel like a part of the whole thing.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2309  Edited By azrailx

the description for that show really turned me off, but I have been hearing good things, ill have to give it a shot.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2310  Edited By GaspoweR

@alexandersheen: Yeah, but I do like the fact that she feels out of place since the two protagonists (?) always say in reference to Lisa that she is "an accomplice" but she's not "one of them". She was in a bad place at a bad time when she showed in that building or rather, if we consider her current situation with her mom and with school, in the right place at the right time since she was looking for an escape of sorts so I like the fact that she feels out of a place from our perspective as viewers because she herself doesn't feel like she belongs anywhere. Its kind of hard for me to explain accurately so I hope it wasn't confusing hehehe!

The other thing about her character is that through her we kind of get to know the two protagonists a lot better as to their motivations and what kind of people they are considering that they are doing some pretty heinous stuff but we get the feeling that there really is more to it than meets the eye. That moment where they decided to not kill her outright and instead gave her a choice and the fact that they always threatened that they would kill her if she told on them just to scare her off but still see their reluctance to actually get rid of her does show a more sympathetic side to both characters. Not to imply that the two protagonists weren't likable or sympathetic enough already but it does help in terms of getting to know them better.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2311  Edited By GaspoweR

@azrailx: Are you talking about Terror in Resonance? Yeah, I have to admit the description didn't really grab me but I gave that show a shot and I'm glad I did it . The opening has a really nice, brief sequence and after that it starts off really slow but it gets going towards the end of the first episode. I was hooked by the end of the second episode.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam: Yeah, Golden Time! It's really bad when it's bad, but, man, when it gets good it's really good.

@gaspower said:

I did. It is really good, although so far the girl and her storyline doesn't feel like a part of the whole thing.

Five episodes in and we still have no fucking clue about what is up with the girl other than she's bad at cooking (charm point, obviously) and that her mom has mental issues. Oh, and her dad is probably Shibazaki.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2313  Edited By GaspoweR

@zomgfruitbunnies: Well, fuck now that I think about it, that throw away line of him having a family at some point has both been spoiled and it makes a lot of sense. 0_o

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished up Gurren Lagann today. Absolutely ridiculous. I mean that in the best possible way! Always pushing upwards, never not ascending, robots inside of robots inside of robots inside of robots. Not to mention, giant mechs throwing entire galaxies at each other like they're ninja stars. Also, while a valiant effort from Fight The Power to embed itself in my brain for weeks to come, it was unable to uproot the previous flesh bud put in place by Before My Body is Dry.

Also watched episode 5 of No Game No Life. I like where this is going.

@hamst3r: After you finish up Gurren, I strongly recommend watching Gunbuster and Diebuster, the arguable inspiration for a lot of Gurren Lagann.

Also take a look at Kill la Kill if you want more of the same type of pacing. It's essentially from the Gurren Lagann folks and while it doesn't do the insane ramp into craziness that Gurren does with the same grace, it's still a fun ride.

Thanks, I've added Gunbuster and Diebuster to my list! I watched Kill La Kill earlier in the year and it was really good.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Here's to hoping it's a red herring because if that's all it's got then the mystery is already dead (plot device from a mile away). The super hacker nonsense is already wearing thin.

In other news, oniisamaNozaki-kun continues to deliver. This season has a lot of Sawashiro Miyuki and I am most pleased.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've now watched the first four episodes of Terror in Resonance and it looks pretty legit. The thing that I love about original anime programming is that haughty manga readers can't come in and ruin everything with their "subtle" comments concerning upcoming plot points.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I call that "holding spoiler guns aimed at our heads". You never know you get shot by a spoiler gun and if you narrowly miss it or get permanently hit by a truth bullet. 0_o

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2318  Edited By mwng

@hamst3r said:

@viciousbearmauling said:

Thanks, I've added Gunbuster and Diebuster to my list! I watched Kill La Kill earlier in the year and it was really good.

If you're taking suggestions, I'd throw FLCL in there as well, just to complete the Gainax set, if you've not seen it already.

Also, something to watch out for, both Gunbuster and Diebuster have abridged film versions. I'd strongly recommend avoiding the Gunbuster film, and watching the OVAs instead (as Gunbuster is allllll about the characters. It's more Evangelion than Gurren Lagann). On the other hand, the Diebuster film works a lot better than the OVAs, since it's mostly about the action, a la Gurren Lagann (the character development that gets cut here is mainly from the unlikeable characters in the cast...). In my opinion anyway!

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

yes i have,and my thoughts are on a previous page.the quick answer is that i dont like it,and that alot of others ive seen and talked to dont like it either for the same reasons.which sucks because it started off really great and nails alot of things,like the animation,acting,sound,and premise.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2320  Edited By nasp

@thebunnyhunter said:

Man that Akame ga Kill episode was surprising

I really didnt think they would kill off a main character this soon, i still think Koro is adorable though

i wasnt really surprised,because how the show starts off.i will say i was surprised of the timeing though.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2321  Edited By GaspoweR
@bigjeffrey said:

oniisama 19 ~ oniisama's bad ass aurora here to kill you son. pff that 50 cal. sniper didnt even scratch oniisama.

also lots of good music this ep

also wat

My reaction to that "keep you in a glass case" comment was the same as the bomb cast crew's reaction when Vinny said this:

Loading Video...

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasp: I read your reason for not liking the show somewhere in the previous pages and ironically it is some of the reasons why I still keep watching. I like the fact that I am still in the dark as to what their intentions are while at the same time the show gives out hints as it progresses. I like that they're leaving that a mystery and its something nice to follow up on. So I guess ultimately its just the difference in our viewing preferences. I don't necessarily need to know their true motivations just so I can root for the protagonists(?) and be continued to be invested in the show. I have more than enough reasons to enjoy it. :D

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: whats funny is i think it does alot right,and i dont think its bad.its just i dont care about the characters,and sense we are halfway through the show thats not good.i dont expect shows to explain everything to me,or to be clear about everything.in fact i like it that way.which is why i find it interesting that this is the only show where i feel its a negative to the anime,because it makes me not care about the characters.which is the most important part of a show because if you dont care about the characters,chances are you wont like the anime much no matter what else it does right.which in this case it does alot right.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2324  Edited By GaspoweR

@nasp: Yeah, that is troubling if you can't be truly invested in the characters. Who knows once the show is done in a few weeks you can just go back to it eventually and like it. Hehe! :D

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasp: time to be a snooty manga reader

lots of fools die

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2326  Edited By Wraith1

@azrailx: I'm pretty sure this show is 24 episodes, so we're not half way through yet

Edit: never mind. I was thinking of something else

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey it was news to me, i didnt know it was going be 24.

Thats good, since it wont be too rushed!

Socuteboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to like Sailor Moon Crystal, but I just can't look past the awful CG transformation sequences. But on a more positive note, Love Stage has been pretty good so far.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2329  Edited By Corvak

Last weekend was my annual pilgrimage to Otakon in Baltimore for my dose of all things anime.

I return with an uncontrollable urge to see more Psycho-Pass, it's scratching that Ghost in the Shell itch so good.

And an equally uncontrollable urge to buy more Gunpla kits. And i've only seen two Gundam shows.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2330  Edited By bigjeffrey

i've been listening to oniisama ost 1, cause why not??? It's pretty goood.

Also yay Chaika S2 preview

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo_Ghoul 7 - finally gets his mask, next ep going down.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@azrailx: wait which show were you talking about earlier? I might be thinking of a differen't show that's 24 episodes

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tokyo_Ghoul 7 - finally gets his mask, next ep going down.

Just finished watching it. That mask is awesome.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rail Wars - Still no multi-track drifting 0/10. However, that ending was appropriately cheesy and dumb. Also, titties 10/10.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2338  Edited By bigjeffrey

hmm not much that looks interesting.

• Psycho Pass 2
  • Chaika 2
  • Grisaia no Kajitsu
  • Amagi Brilliant Park
  • Gugue (i'll try 1st ep just cause that dude looks like persona 3 protag)
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psycho Pass, Chaika, and Log Horizon (SOOOOOOOO HYPE) are the only thing I know I'll be watching for sure. everything else is up in there air. Probably won't try to take on much more considering there will be a ungodly amount of video games coming out then to also kill time. We shall see

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for good ol' Cow & Chicken? Crazy Red Guy filtering his coffee with panty hoses. Psycho Pass 2...? I mean, what's left there to continue upon?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2341  Edited By bigjeffrey
TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man...reading this don't remind me of Gintama. It's like getting stabbed each time you hear they are on a (2?) year long break. Last anime I watched was NGNL and I'm probably on an FBI list now.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2343  Edited By Hamst3r

SHIT GOT WATCHED, SON. What I mean is, I watched:

No Game No Life - Why the hell are you touching me, asshole? Please. I liked it and I want more. I want to touch it in the Super Healthy Space. Hopefully they'll come through with a second season.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Both seasons, in the linear order I saw suggested on MAL. Season 1 was a great show. An enjoyable premise, with fun characters, and some interesting situations. They should have made the second to last episode the season finale though, since the actual final episode wasn't as good. Season 2 on the other hand was a dumpster fire of bullshit; a complete waste of time. Well, except for the first episode of season 2, that one was pretty good, then it was bullshit for 8 episodes and a waste of time for the 5 episodes after that. So, not a complete waste of time, if the one good episode negates that. Character-wise, Haruhi just became completely unlikable in Season 2.

Azumanga Daioh - The first 6 episodes. I watched Nichijou a few months ago and these two shows feel extremely similar, which is in no way a bad thing. I liked Nichijou, so for now I can only assume I'm going to like the rest of Azumanga Daioh.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the first two episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura since Crunchyroll recently got the streaming rights. I'm getting a total girl-crush vibe from Tomoyo for Sakura.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2345  Edited By GaspoweR

@bigjeffrey said:

new Hanamonogatari preview, forgot that this was like next week.

Loading Video...

I'M NOT WATCHING THIS PREVIEW I'M NOT WATCHING THIS PREVIEW I'M NOT WATCHING THIS PREVIEW

EDIT:

@zomgfruitbunnies: Oh man the rooftop scene had me feeling for Nozaki so bad and I was chuckling so much! I wanted to start shouting at Wakamatsu with "GOOD GOD MAN, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! BOTH OF YOU ARE A PAIR OF HOPELESS MORONS!!!" Hahaha! :D

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: I'm hyped for some Yowapeda! Also I want to start watching Mushishi. I don't if you've watched that. Want to find out where the first season is available.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched 23 episodes of Stein's Gate back to back, in a single sitting. I did not expect John Titor lore beyond 2002. Wow. Might just be one of the best anime I've ever seen.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rokujouma ~ school play, someone gonna try to ruin it how original.

I also started reading Mahouka (i cant stop), yup young Miyuki knew

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2349  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Finally got around to starting Penguindrum. Someone told me it was a weird ass show. Yup.

They were so right.

edit: It's also really effing pretty.

edit 2: oh and the OP and ED are great too.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's definitely got lot of style dat transformation sequence.