Any Comics You Think Would Make a Good Movie?

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been reading Saga and thought that the series would make a fantastic del Toro flick. Get some of that Hellboy makeup up in there and make it a hard R. Any comics you'd like to see in live-action?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Yes, but I can't remember the name of it. :(

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible but its kinda hard marketing an R-rated comic book film. Look at Watchmen heard that movie was considered a flop due to its box office sales.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vuud

Bone, but I kinda hope they don't make one.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Arm Fall Off Boy would make a good comic book film. He had the ability to detach his left arm and use it as a club. Another good character is Matter Eater Lad. His super power was the ability to eat through any substance. Either would make a more compelling super hero movie than what we got from the Fantastic 4, Daredevil, or Green Lantern.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its been talked about for a long time without any progress but I would love to see a Y: The Last Man movie or HBO style series.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

We3. Can't see it happening though. Like, ever.

@i_stay_puft: Watchmen gradually made its money back, but yeah, that's laughable compared to recent Marvel/DC efforts. The adult audience probably doesn't help, but I can't imagine the lack of star power did them any favours too.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

Invincible would be great

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed Irredeemable, but changes would be needed to make it into a good movie.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I think most comics would be best as being a tv series. Chew would be fantastic. They were talking about making one a few years ago but I don't think it went anywhere. I am very glad Peter Panzerfaust will be getting a tv show cause that comic is amazing.

For movies, its cool to hear that The Goon will hopefully be made into a movie (I mean, they did hit their goal on Kickstarter so it should be made). And I would think a Punk Rock Jesus movie would be pretty great. That could translate very well to a movie being that it's only 6 issues so they could fit that into a movie.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11 sweep  Moderator

Planet Hulk would be a great Hulk film. They already made the cartoon, but I want some live-action smashing. And the sequel, World War Hulk, is another easy set-up.

Apart from that, yeah I guess Saga could be pretty good, though I love the comic too much for it to exist as anything other than what it is already.

CaptMagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By CaptMagic123

*Thumbs through comic books*

I would like to see Hawk World return to the spot light. Hellstorm Prince of lies might also be interesting.

Call me crazy, but I would like to see Marvel put out something related to Hawkeye and Black Widow, not a hole lot of people would like to, But I would.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Calvin and Hobbes? I dunno

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

@blu3v3nom07: Hollywood will ruin Calvin and Hobbes, just like they did Garfield.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@tireyo: Garfield and his smarmy ass had it coming. C&H could be smart and interesting.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: I should hope so considering that it's my favorite comic strip.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EuanDewar

Sure as hell not Batman

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Even though the comic was ok at best, I wouldn't mind if the guys doing DC' s animated films would adapt The Dark Knight Strikes Again into an animated film. I think they could at least make it decent if they changed a few minor things and trimmed the fat a bit.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@tireyo: I imagine something that can remind me the spirit of 'The Catcher in the Rye,' but friendlier.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: I'm not too much into "literature" or regular books, but I take it that it's a good book that can inspire a Calvin and Hobbes movie in a way.

Avatar image for themightyskullboy
TheMightySkullboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been itching for a Savage Dragon movie forever. The biggest issue with making that movie is that the comic has taken so many twists and turns over the years, I don't know what they'd make the movie about. I mean, at this point, Dragon's time as a cop is only a small fraction of his adventures.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#22  Edited By donutfever

I think Louis C.K. could make a really good movie.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty much anything calvin and hobbes outside of the comic to me is downright sacrilegious. it's about the only thing i have that kind of hangup about (well that and maybe Carl Sagan, barring my family).

i know this isn't the question but i always thought Breaking Bad would make a spectacular graphic novel. the style seems to fit perfectly.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like to see an adaptation of the Gotham by Gaslight and Court of Owls Batman series. Gaslight would never be made for theaters but I'd love to see an animated film, as the ones they've made the last few years have been great. Court of Owls is just a great series and I'd want to see it in either format.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There's a lot of Daredevil stories I'd like to see made.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Calvin and Hobbes? I dunno

Holy crap, I would kill someone in front of their own momma for an animated Calvin and Hobbes movie that was written by Bill Watterson.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By supamon

Not a film I would love to see someone try to make a TV series on the spin-off Lucifer from Sandman. I would mention Non-player as well but that got picked up for a film just on the first issue alone.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Come

Maus (animated feature)

Neil Gaiman's Sandman

Chew (really should be a tv series)

Preacher

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Batman.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By medacris

@tireyo: Bill Watterson said no to any and all Calvin and Hobbes licensing outside of reprinting the original strips. No t-shirts, no movies, no plush toys. So we'll never get a terrible Calvin and Hobbes film. On the other hand, we'll never get a good one, either.

Here's my picks:

• Blacksad, with Idris Elba as Blacksad. He's a tough, determined detective that's good with the ladies, kind of like an anthropomorphic (Blacksad is a cat) talking version of Elba's previous character, Luther.
  • Beasts of Burden. It's kind of like Homeward Bound meets Supernatural. I think they're already working on this one, though. Either do it all animated or all live-action, but with none of those creepy CGI mouths-on-live action. Ugh.
  • A third Hellboy film, with Bruce Campbell as Lobster Johnson.
  • The Sandman. Actually not sure who I'd pick to play Dream, but Death is definitely Pauley Perrette (the girl who plays Abby Sciuto on NCIS) for me. She pretty much IS Death already.
  • A TV miniseries of Preacher. Dunno who I'd cast for Jesse and Tulip, but I feel like Colin Ferrell pretty much IS Cassidy. Patrick Stewart can be Herr Starr, why not? He did say he wanted the role, anyways.
squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord I really hope Saga doesn't get turned into a movie. Honestly the comics I love the most are loved because they can only be comics. Ex. Saga, Watchmen, Lil Depressed Boy. I like to digest fiction in the way it was originally intended.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not sure about a movie, but I really wished that Moon Knight TV series got picked up. They were supposed to do a spin-off test on Season 3 of the Blade TV series, but they only made it to season 2. (Which got surprisingly good at the end, but sadly, it was too little too late.)

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By LastNinja

The Mask would be awesome if they stayed true to the source.

Valérian and Laureline as a live action tv-series or a big ass series of feature films would be the bees knees.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for badass_master_blaster
Badass_Master_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nancy in hell.......just have to make sure the costumes are as sleazy as in the comics :P

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly answering your question, but I want a Dredd sequel.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By BBAlpert

@sweep said:

Planet Hulk would be a great Hulk film. They already made the cartoon, but I want some live-action smashing. And the sequel, World War Hulk, is another easy set-up.

Apart from that, yeah I guess Saga could be pretty good, though I love the comic too much for it to exist as anything other than what it is already.

A Planet Hulk movie would pretty much just be Gladiator with a green Russell Crowe. Although that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We3. Can't see it happening though. Like, ever.

@i_stay_puft: Watchmen gradually made its money back, but yeah, that's laughable compared to recent Marvel/DC efforts. The adult audience probably doesn't help, but I can't imagine the lack of star power did them any favours too.

We3 was what I thought of when I saw the thread title.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@jadegl: You don't buy the star power of Zack Snyder? :)

I think there's a possibility of We3 happening but it would have to take a drastic pg route to be even greenlit by studio executives. I could see it as the Homeward Bound of the 21st century, but instead of talking cats and dogs its mechanized talking cats and dogs...