sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sombre

Hey gang!

I'll cut immediately to the chase. I'm overweight. A lot of my work clothes are a much tighter fit than I'd like to admit, and I work in a primary school. This means a lot of kneeling down to talk to young people, bending over to listen to them, and walking up three flights of stairs multiple times a day to get to my class.

I hate to use the term "New year, new me", but I suppose it's pretty apt to use here. In the first 2 weeks of January, I'm moving out of my parents house, and into my own flat. I'm understandably excited. But one of the main reasons is so that I can completely rennovate how my life is. I'm gonna eat better, and live better.

Now, I've read PLENTY of success stories about DDP Yoga. I've been a big Dallas fan since he was the WCW heavyweight champion, and I've followed his life with regularity. Everytime I see him post something about DDP Yoga, I'm pretty amazed. If you haven't watched this video, please do, it should inspire you.

I watched it again last week and literally had tears in my eyes as I watched. I didn't want to see myself turn into something like this. When I look at DDP Yoga, I routinely see people losing up to 3.5stone in 3 months, which would be IDEAL for me. I want to start eating better, exersizing better, and turning my life around so I'm not a fat sack of shit anymore.

Has anyone here had any success with this program? I'd love to hear from you if you have. I ordered the largest set last week, and I'm expecting it to turn up just before new year. If there's any interest, I'll post monthly blogs charting my progress. Anything that might inspire people to change their life.

Thanks in advance if you HAVE had any success and decide to share your story.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I havent tried his yoga but i did p90x years ago and yoga is literally the hardest thing i ever tried. I think its harder for males since we are naturally less flexible. But with that said i say do whatever motivates you to start exercising, just know yoga is not easy in the slightest and probably wont be a temp quick fix. If you go in with the right mind set i dont doubt it will work for you if you stick with it. Good luck

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sombre: Hello Duder. If you want to get in contact somehow we can work together to motivate. I just got this as well and going to start very soon.

I wouldn't describe myself as overweight or out of shape. I am 5' 9" and 185lbs, I just want to use DDP to get in to better shape, be better and faster for the sports that I play.

Really looking forward to getting in to DDP Yoga.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Its been extremely helpful for my neck and shoulder pain, and my posture. After sticking with it for a few weeks I felt like a new man. I haven't done it in a while, I need to get back on it again.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd be curious to hear some feedback as well. I have some back injuries and weight lifting injuries (back and shoulder), and have been switched up my routine to light running and light weights.

I've been thinking about trying yoga for years, and now feels like a pretty good time. I'm just low on free time. I'd love to find a good 30 minute routine I could sneak in most days...

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myself, my wife and my 2 brothers have all lost weight doing DDP Yoga. It is a great tool for weight loss, increasing flexibility and building core strength. I highly recommend it.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't, but boogie2988 on youtube is a big fan. Never heard anything negative about it.

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Hey Brother,

Good going with being in action and finding a system that you want to engage in. My only advice to you is stick to the plan that the program recommends and record your progress. Measurement is the key to success. What that looks like with yoga is understanding your limits and writing down what you're struggling with. Over time you'll see yourself improve in pictures and on paper, and it will create a motivational snowball effect.

Yoga in all forms has been around for thousands of years for a reason, it works. Do it and find out what you like and don't like about it. Then at the end of the program add in something else that you'd like to try, I suggest a little Olympic lifting when you're ready, it benefits from and takes advantage of the flexibility work of yoga.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I know this topic might be a million years old, but I wanted a quick update!

Through a rough time with anxiety, I bought DDPY, and never actually opened the box. I was dissapointed in myself to say the least.

Well, this evening, I did the "Diamond Dozen" for the first time, and boy howdy was it rough! Some moves were okay, but some were really hard because of how out of shape I am. By the time I finished, I was sweating, and that was with a 5 min gap inbetween moves. I enjoyed it a lot though. I look forward to continuing more. Please watch this space to see if I actually get results :D

imchardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre:

Good on you, sombre. Do it, dude!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

@sombre: Good the hear that you cracked into it

The biggest key to fitness, losing weight, etc is to create a sustainable and realistic routine.

My weight loss has mostly been due to coming up with a way of eating that (while it isn't the healthiest) is sustainable. Same with my exercise.

Built exercise into your schedule in a way that it won't dominate your life and isn't something that you can't keep doing for years and years. Always make the effort to do it. It's okay to have a 'bad session' every now and then, but what is important is keeping up the routine.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of DDP yoga before, but results are results!

But I was a regular gym rat for years before taking up my yoga practice, and I would not go back.

The improvement to overall sense of well being cannot be understated.

bobeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I'm down 45 pounds in four months playing a game called Beat Saber in VR, It's been really great for me.

monkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good on you, sombre