Any duders afraid/anxious while driving?

• 119 results
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Poll Any duders afraid/anxious while driving? (291 votes)

Yes 38%
No 62%

I'm a new driver so I've had to learn how to contain my fears while driving. I'm wondering if any of you duders feel this way while driving. I'm not afraid enough to stop driving entirely as I have to drive to go to where I have to be. I'm mostly looking for some folks that have dealt with this feeling or are currently victims of it.

• 
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By TheHBK

Driving, when I started, of course, but now no way.

Motorcycle, not nervous when I got the hang of it.

Put the bike down, flipped over the front, so I became nervous any time I took the bike out. Sold the bike.

Now more confident than ever in my car.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Branthog

@thehbk said:

Driving, when I started, of course, but now no way.

Motorcycle, not nervous when I got the hang of it.

Put the bike down, flipped over the front, so I became nervous any time I took the bike out. Sold the bike.

Now more confident than ever in my car.

Like most bike riders, it has always been other people I'm more afraid of. However, I once saw the same photo I'm sure a lot of other people have seen where a biker spilled face-first onto asphalt and his face was splayed open and looked like a human octopus for a head. Never got that out of my mind. I still love bikes, but find them far more comfortable on the open interstate where there are fewer lanes, fewer cars, and you can see everyone around you (and as long as you're careful, you don't have to worry much about the truckers - -just stay out of their blind spot). But in cities and freeways? Fuuuuck that.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No. You'll get used to it after a while.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Dalai

Only if I'm driving in a big city like New York or Philly. I'm fine elsewhere and I actually love driving around in unfamiliar places.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still anxious about driving. I never wanted to drive but I ended up getting my license because I felt that I should know how to in case of emergencies (plus my girlfriend was pregnant at the time). Has not stopped the anxiety for me since getting it though. I think it mostly has to do with just how stupid people can be while driving that gets me.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

just take your time, don't rush things, don't worry about other driver's impatience. you'll get more comfortable with practice. thank you in advance for being alert and not running my ass over.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i get nervous when other people are driving , whn im driving i can zone out ... which i guess thinking about it now makes me a bit nervous .... if its a late night drive home sometimes i literally have no recollection of the actual driving part , im sure i woudl have been speeding at some point , but clearly i am not dead so i cant have hit anything on my way home ? right ? .. yeah .. i probably get tooo relaxed

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By madpierrot

I never liked driving so after moving to Japan one of the things I was really excited about was amazing public transportation and not having to drive. Well I've been living here for 7+ years now and I've had to ride passenger a number of times and being in a car in Japan is freaking terrifying! Side walks in America are bigger than two lane roads in Japan, what seems like countless blind turns, than you have people walking and riding bikes all the time and with shoulders or side walks not as common place it's just terrifying.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I get nervous when I'm doing reverse/parallel parking and people are behind me waiting to pass. Then I'll usually fuck it up and have to keep doing it. I hate parking.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#110  Edited By Winternet

If you play GTA games enough, human lives are nothing but another way to make a quick buck.

Wait, what was the question?

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When I first started driving 10 years ago I was slightly nervous at first mainly du to concerns of others on the road. A year after I got my license I got in an accident and that was probably the first time I didn't want to drive. Lasted about a month and I haven't had any fear since.

paulwade1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not scared when I'm driving, but I fucking should be. Some people are maniacs and i'm driving round in a 1 ton killing machine that is literally only legal because of tax revenue and its the driving force of the entire economy.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only on the freeway sometimes when it's really crowded.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#114  Edited By Tireyo

Always anxious.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By BigBoss1911

Only on the highway. Highway construction is a never ending thing in northeast Pennsylvania.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to be nervous when I first started but after you do it a bunch you dont even think about it until someone slams on their brakes in front of you.

Philedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted yes. I've had my driver's license for 3.5 years now and I've never really been anxious while driving since I acquired it. But recently (past few months) my vision has gotten really fucked up in a way that glasses won't help at all, so I've been avoiding it since that started. Now I can only drive confidently in my tiny hometown because I know every inch of the streets there.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By panvixyl

Yes. Every moment is filled with sheer terror.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#119  Edited By CastroCasper

I actually drive to ease my anxiety. Now flying on the other hand....