Any one else unable to buy a shirt because they are out of stock?

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Ravenousrattler

I'm a size large, and have been wanting more giantbomb T'shirts but they have been out of stock forever, i e-mailed them but only got a snooty email back from alex saying they had no plans of restocking and would let me know if they did, that was several months ago. i just don't know where to direct this info, is there that little profit in selling shirts?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

That's odd.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

It's simple really... Either get fatter or get smaller. The shirts aren't made for you... you are made for the shirts.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ThePickle

Snooty from Alex? I have trouble picturing that...

(For the record I do really love Alex)

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By stinky

out of stock, no plans to restock.

what is the question?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alternate

Ryan is in charge of merch now. If you found Alex to be snooty though I would be careful of emailing Ryan "blocked" Davis. :D

Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Quite simply i just want to know if they are that incompetent at running their store, or if they are just trying to get rid of the shirts they have. You know supply with demand, lol i thought that's like the first thing you learn when running a business. I just want to show my giantbomb pride with shirts that fit properly.

Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenousrattler

@alternate: ok i'll be sure to be as nice as possible if i email ryan

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

@Ravenousrattler said:

Quite simply i just want to know if they are that incompetent at running their store, or if they are just trying to get rid of the shirts they have.

It's not that, it's just that they had a falling out with the guy they paid to make shirts. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with him running off with the money without honoring the full order. They have been busy attending to other stuff these last 4-5 months, so be patient.

Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenousrattler

@BraveToaster: well that makes sense and would account for how the store is going to shit.

Thank you for the answer, i appreciate it.

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Ehker

I imagine the next Big Live Live Show that's coming up will probably have a new shirt to include with memberships.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TyCobb

Let's see.... going off the topic title I would say everyone would have trouble trying to buy shirts that are out of stock.

Now as to the original post: One would think that if a shirt has been out of stock for a long time, they are either A) not going to restock it and are trying to sell what's left or B) not that worried about it because CBS is probably going to be handling all the stuff from now and **insert option A**.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By alternate

@BraveToaster said:

@Ravenousrattler said:

Quite simply i just want to know if they are that incompetent at running their store, or if they are just trying to get rid of the shirts they have.

It's not that, it's just that they had a falling out with the guy they paid to make shirts. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with him running off with the money without honoring the full order. They have been busy attending to other stuff these last 4-5 months, so be patient.

wut? no they didn't. Way back 2 offices ago they got ripped off over those "oscar mike" shirts. They have sold a ton of shirts in what must be at least 3 years since that incident.

I think the problem is that CBS has its own merch deals and they are too busy with other crap to sort out promos. I can only assume they will need a member shirt in place for september - either that or cut the prices.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Alex has plenty of Joy Division shirts I hear. Maybe you could order one of those.