Any Pharmacists here? Need advice!

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Colonel_Cool

As a high school senior, I am starting to apply for schools. I am interested in becoming a pharmacist, and some schools have programs where you go into 2 years of pre-pharmacy before going into their 4-year pharmacy program. However, some people also get a chemistry degree first and then go into the 4-year pharmacy program. Is having a chemistry or biology degree more advantageous than doing the 2 years of pre-pharmacy?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FrankCanada97

I'm no pharmacist so I wouldn't know, but I have been drilled to take chemistry and biology if I want to get into any medical or medicinal field. Which is why I plan on becoming a lawyer.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By JackiJinx

If I were you, I'd talk to not only a school counselor, but also either a few pharmacists in the field or counselors at the places you're applying or planning on applying to. Get a few opinions and see which way's up.

Avatar image for abdominalpillaging
abdominalpillaging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm a street pharmacist. 

does that count?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I work at a Pharmacy and was talking to the Pharmacist about how he got into the career, and he pretty much told me that it takes a lot longer and is harder to get into the field. 

If that meens anything to you, don't let it discourage you :P

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahriman22

Someone called for a freelance pharmacist?

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Colonel_Cool
@mrcool11 said:

" @Colonel_Cool: I don't know a whole lot about what your post is asking, but I have noticed that we share some startling similarities. We both have a prefix followed by the word cool in our name, and we are both high school seniors beginning to apply to university. I believe that we are long lost identical twins and you should send me a picture of yourself so I can confirm our blood relation. "

Well, I usually don't like posting my picture online, but here goes...

No Caption Provided
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn

Maybe if you looked into working at a pharmacutical company?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Geno

The main thing that will get you into pharmacy is your GPA. A chemistry or biological degree is usually unnecessary to apply to most pharmacy schools,  the school that I attend admits pharmacy students from the first year, for instance.  The biology and chemistry that you learn there will also be different from that which you learned in your undergraduate program anyway.