StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Any Top Gear fans out there?

I didn't know about that show til I heard of Richard Hammond's crash. Since then I have tuned in and loved every episode. I hear the Uk version will be back after the Australia version is done with.

Which brings me to me question?

What do you think of the Australia version?

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

Sorry, iv never heard of it.
*googles*
Are you talking about the show about cars?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Yeah, always watch it. New series starts on the 26th I think.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HazBazz

Well Im from England, where watching Top Gear is basically law. Yes, I do and its one of the best shows on TV

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

meeee!! it is epic win and i'm not even old enough to drive :P spesh the top gears challenges those are just too awesome

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I love top gear. I've been watching it since the first series of the new format, and it's great. I didn't know there was an Aussie version, although I'm assuming it doesn't have Jeremy, Richard and James, so it won't be as good. They make that show what it is. No-one really cares about the car's, it's all about the banter between the host's.

Although I have a question for people who watch it in the US  - how edited is it over there. Over here it's a 1 hour show, with no advert breaks. How long is it over there with adverts? And also, do you see allot of the anti-American remarks they make. There rarely is an episode when there isn't some anti-American jokes of some description. Do you see these, or are they edited out?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK
MattyFTM said:
"I love top gear. I've been watching it since the first series of the new format, and it's great. I didn't know there was an Aussie version, although I'm assuming it doesn't have Jeremy, Richard and James, so it won't be as good. They make that show what it is. No-one really cares about the car's, it's all about the banter between the host's.

Although I have a question for people who watch it in the US  - how edited is it over there. Over here it's a 1 hour show, with no advert breaks. How long is it over there with adverts? And also, do you see allot of the anti-American remarks they make. There rarely is an episode when there isn't some anti-American jokes of some description. Do you see these, or are they edited out?"remrm
haha i remember that episode when they WENT to america and at the very end they said "and the moral of the story is... DON'T GO TO AMERICA! goodnight everyone"
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
crunchUK said:
"MattyFTM said:
"I love top gear. I've been watching it since the first series of the new format, and it's great. I didn't know there was an Aussie version, although I'm assuming it doesn't have Jeremy, Richard and James, so it won't be as good. They make that show what it is. No-one really cares about the car's, it's all about the banter between the host's.

Although I have a question for people who watch it in the US  - how edited is it over there. Over here it's a 1 hour show, with no advert breaks. How long is it over there with adverts? And also, do you see allot of the anti-American remarks they make. There rarely is an episode when there isn't some anti-American jokes of some description. Do you see these, or are they edited out?"remrm
haha i remember that episode when they WENT to america and at the very end they said "and the moral of the story is... DON'T GO TO AMERICA! goodnight everyone""
Yeah, the one when they went to America is one of the best episodes ever.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

They should rename "Top Gear": "Jermy Clarkson and Richard Hammond dick about with that other guy" because that's all it is now.

It actually used to be a car show.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HazBazz
MattyFTM said:

Although I have a question for people who watch it in the US  - how edited is it over there. Over here it's a 1 hour show, with no advert breaks. How long is it over there with adverts? And also, do you see allot of the anti-American remarks they make. There rarely is an episode when there isn't some anti-American jokes of some description. Do you see these, or are they edited out?"
I asume they get the same version thats shown on Dave. Thats still an hour long, with adverts. They usually cut out things like the conversations after car reviews
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar
MattyFTM said:

Although I have a question for people who watch it in the US  - how edited is it over there. Over here it's a 1 hour show, with no advert breaks. How long is it over there with adverts? And also, do you see allot of the anti-American remarks they make. There rarely is an episode when there isn't some anti-American jokes of some description. Do you see these, or are they edited out?"
Well I for one just download the shows, so the run time on those are 1 hour (52 mins).

And no, censorship is not that great in America, people wouldn't watch Jeremy Clarkson if he suddenly became nice to everybody not British.

Still as much as they dick around, they do show some credibility that they do know about cars. Just about every car challenge stuff they have they actually try to spin that they have chosen the best car by giving us a little history lesson (I know they probably have a team to do the research for them). But that to me is why I love it, they give a little story of each car and depending on how they tell it, I choose which one to root for.
Devitti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devitti

Jeremy Clarkson is made of Win and Legendary, nuff said

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Hamz

Any user here from the GSUK boards can tell you we fucking love Top Gear over there, so ye...Top Gear > life

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By agent_lost

Top Gear, Ambitious but rubbish, can't wait for the new season, I want to know what the hell are they doing in Vietnam.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By serbsta

They got Australian Top Gear now, its cool.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Kazona

I love Top Gear. Too bad it's so many damn reruns here. Bah.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Lemegeton

top gear is awesome. you could argue its not really about the cars anymore but its damn hysterical

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chazer127

I love top gear, It's hysterical.