Anybody check out the new Halloween trailer?

Cure_Optimism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cure_Optimism

What do you guys think? Will it suck? Personally I have weirdly high hopes after seeing that trailer. There's some stuff I don't like, though. For instance, it seems like it's trying to pull a 'Force Awakens' on us, and all the events are way too similar to how they happened years ago. But I like how Laurie sort of took on the role of Loomis after all these years, going around spreading the news about how much of an evil abomination Michael Myers is.

https://youtu.be/aMCLVSlk1Tk

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You probably have high hopes because the original Halloween is a good movie and this one looks very similar. I personally have no interest in seeing it because I just saw the first one last week but, I'm sure the movie will be fine. Not notably bad or good. Just fine. With a rotten tomatoes score of 70%.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

HELL YEAH - we'll see about the final product but the setup and the trailer are A+. I wish more franchises would try this - just strike the bad sequels from the record and make a sequel that is number of real-world years after the original. Rocky Balboa and Creed are playing in this area. There's also been talk for a while of doing this with Aliens - pretending Alien3 and Alien Resurrection didn't happen and going from there.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like they are gonna "Sarah Connor" Laurie and I am here for it.

Halloween is one of those franchises like Alien, Terminator and Star Wars that only has two good movies and the rest are bad but even as we recognise the bad ones we still trick ourselves into thinking the franchise is good.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5 gamer_152  Moderator

This could be okay. The Halloween theme music still whips ass.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty good. The worst part was that asylum laughing scene, but once the trailer moved past that, it was starting to look pretty great. I've got high hopes. The soundtrack by John Carpenter should be good.

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They already brought Laurie back in H2O and Resurrection, so the novelty of seeing her in a new movie is lost to me.

Out of the big slasher franchises from the 80's, Halloween is arguably the best debut film with the worst sequels. They just can't get past the Laurie - Michael connection. No where to go, and no way to get there. I so hope that this is the last time we hear about Laurie, or any kind of relationship with Laurie in these films. Either they move on or put the franchise into a vault for 20 years.

Man, it's such a bummer that a movie franchise named HALLOWEEN has little if anything to do with....Halloween. So sad that Halloween 3 bombed and had to revert back to Myers. A yearly anthology movie in theaters named Halloween would have been amazing.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@breq said:

They already brought Laurie back in H2O and Resurrection, so the novelty of seeing her in a new movie is lost to me.

Out of the big slasher franchises from the 80's, Halloween is arguably the best debut film with the worst sequels. They just can't get past the Laurie - Michael connection. No where to go, and no way to get there. I so hope that this is the last time we hear about Laurie, or any kind of relationship with Laurie in these films. Either they move on or put the franchise into a vault for 20 years.

Man, it's such a bummer that a movie franchise named HALLOWEEN has little if anything to do with....Halloween. So sad that Halloween 3 bombed and had to revert back to Myers. A yearly anthology movie in theaters named Halloween would have been amazing.

He isn't her sister in this, so you might get your wish. The line about him being her brother was a joke.

Personally I feel H20 and certainly Resurrection mishandled her character.