Anyone else depressed about the next election?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowMoses900

It will be my first time voting and I am already dissapointed, is there something wrong with me? I mean shouldn't I be excited to vote at my age? I know alot of young people are but I look around and I don't see any good choices, I don't like Obama and I don't like any of the GOP forunners (It's between Romney and Perry), I was hoping John Hunstmen would win the nominee, but I knew he wasn't simpy because he doesn't get much media attention. Romney flip flops too much so it's impossibe to tell where he stands on any issue, and Perry is too readical for me. Look, I believe in God too, but I think Perry goes a little overboard with it, and I don't like his environmental policies... As for Obama, well he hasn't done really anything and I don't want to vote for him. But I look around and I don't see any good options... 

Anyone else feel this way? I used to be a Republican but they went too extreame for my tastes so I left, than I tried being a Democrat but they don't seem to do anything and I'm a farily conservative person/ somewhat Libertarian (not extreame though), so now I'm independent.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LetsRockBaby

I'm in the same boat as you. Don't like what I see.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Astras

Vote for the Venus project

Go watch Zeitgeist so they can convince you how terrible the world really is (It's basically a bridge the Venus project uses to gather souls), then turn into one of these 'new age humans' first though... i'm sure once they were called hippies??

When they ask you for money for their campaigns... you might be willing I GUESS?

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fizzy

I'll take anyone over the current........president?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Huntsman seems like the only sane Republican these days. Kind of depressing when you think about it.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Venatio

If I was american I'd vote for the one that sucks the least, right now that's Obama

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By AlexW00d

Isn't John Huntsman the guy that denies evolution? Fuck that guy.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

Huntsman is the GOPs best hope of winning, but of course they will pick some one stupid and polarizing (like Perry) and fall flat on their faces in an election that is wide open.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Go Galt and don't vote.

npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By npeterson08

Vote for me.

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ze_ro

It'll be interesting to see who you people pick.

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By pplus0440

Woah woah. The media says Perry and romney are the front runners. Not true. Ron Paul is dominating in Money brought in and he just won the california straw poll with 46% or something. That's alot. Ofcourse the media doesn't talk about it because... well I don't know. I think if anybody has a shot at beating Obama it is Ron Paul. Go to youtube and click around. Start with Jon Stewart on Ron Paul and the media and keep on clicking. If the election were held tomorrow Obama would beat Paul by 4% or something. All the other guys are alot lower.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By FreakAche

I get most of my knowledge of American politics from the internet, so it's my understanding that Ron Paul is destined to be the saviour of mankind, or something like that.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Politics in general make me depressed.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpacePenguin
@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

This made me lol.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ninjakiller

@pplus0440 said:

Woah woah. The media says Perry and romney are the front runners. Not true. Ron Paul is dominating in Money brought in and he just won the california straw poll with 46% or something. That's alot. Ofcourse the media doesn't talk about it because... well I don't know. I think if anybody has a shot at beating Obama it is Ron Paul. Go to youtube and click around. Start with Jon Stewart on Ron Paul and the media and keep on clicking. If the election were held tomorrow Obama would beat Paul by 4% or something. All the other guys are alot lower.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH! *catches breath* AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!

@ze_ro said:

It'll be interesting to see who you people pick.

Obama. The right have completely lost their fucking minds. If I hear one more of these sycophants say that creationism deserves equal consideration i'm going to kick a puppy.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sirdesmond

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Politics in general make me depressed.

I would agree with this, at least in terms of current American politics.

I have no idea who I will vote for, if anyone. I didn't vote for Obama in the last election, and I am not happy with a lot of what he has done. I also don't like how many of his own campaign talking points and promises (many of which I disagreed with) he has failed to follow through on. I like someone to at least follow through with their promises, do what they say, etc.

That said, the Republican party is a a joke. For the most part, I am fiscally conservative and socially liberal (smaller more efficient/intelligent government, but support gay marriage, etc.). There isn't anyone running for people like me (at least that I know of). It seems to be Obama and then ultra-Right crazy faces.

Oh well... maybe someone will come along before then...

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By lazyturtle

I feel pretty much the same way, best of the two evils. I simply cannot support someone like Perry. Romney..well, he doesn't seem like he has an opinion. Or a soul. Plus he's a mormon and that's just creepy.

Obama either doesn't seem to stand by his convictions or lied about what he really believes (or both). I don't blame him for our economic mess, but I do think there is a lot that could have been done to get us on the right path...not that he's completely to blame there either (congress seems to be a bigger impediment than anything else these days).

In the end, I think I'll be forced to vote Obama.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toowalrus

Also, not to discriminate about anyone religion, but if you vote Romney, you're voting for someone who wears magic underwear. LITERALLY. Mormon's believe their UNDERWEAR is MAGIC. Do you really want someone in charge of our country that wears MAGIC UNDERWEAR? No, you don't.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

You silly Americans and your representative democracy. When will you ever learn?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Voted for Obama last time. He's been a little underwhelming, but I might as well vote for him again.

Or maybe I should just write in Jesse Ventura like I was originally going to last time. On second thought, nah. He ain't got time to lead.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Move to Canada!

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Meowshi

@MooseyMcMan said:

Voted for Obama last time. He's been a little underwhelming, but I might as well vote for him again.

So, the choose is between someone you know isn't going to do anything or someone potentially competent you don't agree with?

What a fun four years this is going to be.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mmmslash

@ShadowMoses900 said:

"As for Obama, well he hasn't done really anything ... "

Every time someone posts this, I feel like they are either willfully ignorant, or some how completely unaware of the world around them.

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

I mean, holy shit is that an ill-informed, stupid thing to say.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By spiceninja

I'll probably end up voting for Obama. I just can't live in a country governed by an intolerant religious nutjob who once threatened to secede from the nation. Though this is assuming Perry ends up running against Obama.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Meowshi

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

Every time someone posts this, I feel like they are either willfully ignorant, or some how completely unaware of the world around them.

Big fucking deal. What else?

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm voting for Vinny.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mmmslash

@Meowshi: I lol'd.

No, but seriously, people, stop saying Obama hasn't done anything. It is ignorant, you look ill-informed, and it's pretty shitty considering some of the things he's done. Perhaps try a new news venue, because where your currently getting your information is obviously failing you.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sergio

@Meowshi said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

So, the choose is between someone you know isn't going to do anything or someone potentially competent you don't agree with?

What a fun four years this is going to be.

Wait? There are Republicans who are potentially competent? That's like saying one of them are potentially sane.

Fizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fizzy

How many of you people are actually able to vote and feel the impact of your decision? I'm just curious.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Meowshi

@Fizzy said:

How many of you people are actually able to vote and feel the impact of your decision? I'm just curious.

I don't understand the question. I know that one vote isn't going to change anything, but I want to feel involved in some manner. At least voting gives me free precedence to complain for another four years.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green

no, i'm not but yeah president elections are trouble in deciding. i am also independent because i didn't know who to join. 

barack obama is the who you should vote for. 

for people that are able to vote but don't anway. don't complain about politics if you didn't vote.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35  Edited By chstupid

Yo, watch out because I'm gonna be that guy!

RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By McShank

@ShadowMoses900 said:

It will be my first time voting and I am already dissapointed, is there something wrong with me? I mean shouldn't I be excited to vote at my age? I know alot of young people are but I look around and I don't see any good choices, I don't like Obama and I don't like any of the GOP forunners (It's between Romney and Perry), I was hoping John Hunstmen would win the nominee, but I knew he wasn't simpy because he doesn't get much media attention. Romney flip flops too much so it's impossibe to tell where he stands on any issue, and Perry is too readical for me. Look, I believe in God too, but I think Perry goes a little overboard with it, and I don't like his environmental policies... As for Obama, well he hasn't done really anything and I don't want to vote for him. But I look around and I don't see any good options... Anyone else feel this way? I used to be a Republican but they went too extreame for my tastes so I left, than I tried being a Democrat but they don't seem to do anything and I'm a farily conservative person/ somewhat Libertarian (not extreame though), so now I'm independent.

I am 21 and was able to vote when obama was first running. Did i vote or anyone? Nope. Do I care about whose running? Not really. Do i think obama could have done / do more then he has so far? Yes. Is he trying to make a difference? Of course. I dont like politics, or the people who follow them as they all seem like their heads shoved up their ass's when someone says anything about government. Why would you be depressed? If you dont want to vote for anyone whose running then dont. Wait another 4 years. Help promote someone who is going to possibly run later on. If you dont like republicans or democrats then find an Independent you like and hope he actually makes it. The only thing i have noticed and actually like about Obama is that I can get healthcare alot easier and cheaper AND i can stay on my mother/fathers health insurance till i am 25 which makes me feel alot better about having fun and living life to the fullest while I am young without the worry of having to pay a shit ton of money outta pocket if i get hurt.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By WickedCestus

The election's a joke, politics is a joke. The banks run America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Astras said:

Vote for the Venus project

Go watch Zeitgeist so they can convince you how terrible the world really is (It's basically a bridge the Venus project uses to gather souls), then turn into one of these 'new age humans' first though... i'm sure once they were called hippies??

When they ask you for money for their campaigns... you might be willing I GUESS?

Sad part is, no one can vote for that. The only way we can establish a social order like that is by the use of passive resistance. However, I agree with you. Politics can't do shit with our problems, only jabber and talk and use tax payer money for war and useless bills.They're more of a handicap than a benefit to mankind.

Whoever votes in this generation doesn't have a mind of their own.

P.S. Get the first and second Zeitgeist films out of here. They are a hindrance to Zeigeist groups true doctrines and notions. Moving Foreward is the one that speaks intelligently and scientifically about our society and doesn't recall the use of theorized corruptions from the government and the religious establishment. It's real stuff.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ryanwho

I'd vote for Hilary if she ran again.

I really hate that dems have become so spineless that even though Obama's floundered his way through this term and somehow managed to piss off the far left now as he did the far right when he won, and they have a better option but they're not willing to hold a primary.

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By solidejake

I will be 17 when voting comes around. But I know for sure I would not vote for Palin.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ryanwho

@Meowshi said:

@Mmmslash said:

@ShadowMoses900 said:

Big fucking deal. What else?

A laundry list of middling compromise and failed policy isn't enough for you? Isn't volume enough?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrKlorox

As a left leaning Texan, my vote won't count and never will as long as this is one state. That depresses me more than the candidates.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ryanwho

Austin should just become its own state and put up a fence so I can safely avoid the larger portion of Texas that picks its leaders based on firmness of handshake and how closely they resemble Michael Landon.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BraveToaster

I think we're screwed no matter who's in office. We have politicians bickering over irrelevant shit, while people lose jobs. We have a military stretched so thin, that we're screwed if we get invaded. We've become so complacent and comfortable with thinking that we're the best, when the only thing we're first at is obesity. We're too blinded by ignorance to put our differences aside (race, religious preference, sexual preference) and unite to reach any goals. A number of people in charge are to greedy to allow free medical care, even though it works well for other countries. 

These candidates tell you what you want to here so they can get your vote. Once their in office, they do the complete opposite or don't take action at all. If we want change, all of us have to take action. We don't have the luxury of waiting for the right person to be president.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By mesoian

Eh, it's weird, and ultimately it doesn't really matter. 

It's just odd that Obama is currently the non-crazy vote. The republican side of the vote looks like the cast of the 1960's batman show.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cheesebob

@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

YES!

Also, even though I am not from your country, I would totally just vote Obama anyway. For one it would show that you'd still support a black (or other raced) president and 2) might give him a chance to actually do some shit once he has sorted out what the last goverment left him.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@MooseyMcMan said:

Or maybe I should just write in Jesse Ventura like I was originally going to last time. On second thought, nah. He ain't got time to lead.

Someone should acknowledge this as fantastic, so there. As far as voting... it really couldn't matter less. Vote for whoever seems like they're attempting to do something positive for a little peace-of-mind.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryanwho

@Cheesebob said:

@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

YES!

Also, even though I am not from your country, I would totally just vote Obama anyway. For one it would show that you'd still support a black (or other raced) president and 2) might give him a chance to actually do some shit once he has sorted out what the last goverment left him.

3 years in, its the other guys fault still somehow. Wonder how that shit flies at, idunno, any other job.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kazzurak

@ryanwho said:

@Cheesebob said:

@DeeGee said:

Fuck the Lib Dems.

Oh wait, wrong country.

YES!

3 years in, its the other guys fault still somehow. Wonder how that shit flies at, idunno, any other job.

What have you accomplished in the last 3 years?

Also it takes time and yes it is the previous guys fault because lets face it if you have to clean up a mess before you can start doing something yourself it takes longer time, but of course the american impatience as always

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cheesebob

@ryanwho: You think Obama can repair 8 years of crap done by George Bush's goverment in 3 years? But what logic does that work? Especially during the banking crisis.