Anyone Else Disappointed With the new Bush Album?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I guess it's an unwritten rule in music that any band that comes back after breaking up or taking a hiatus cannot and will not ever reclaim their former glory. We've seen it happen with Sublime (Although Sublime With Rome is a great live band), Guns N' Roses, and too many others. It sucks.

So when I heard that Bush was getting back together I was pretty pumped at first. Little Things, Machinehead, Come Down, The Chemicals Between Us, all great tunes. This new album basically takes Bush as a band and strips all the soul out of them. There's no more bitterness in the music, and the change in Rossdale's voice is noticeable from the outset of the album. He doesn't sound bad, he just doesn't sound like he used to. There's no traces of the 90's on the album, nor of their old sound. They've evolved, which I suppose is admirable, but apparently they stopped doing drugs too. That's great for the band members, but I loved their bitter-desperate-addict songs from the '90's. They were just so fucking raw.

I'll still go see them when they come to Boston with Chevelle and Filter (it's like a time machine in concert form!).

Now tell me why I was dumb to expect anything better and why Bush was a shitty band to begin with! I know you want to!

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phrali

bush.

i heard them on a "classic rock" station a few weeks ago and i wanted to move to miami and play shuffleboard god i am so old

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By copycatzen

At the beggining I felt the same, is so different from what it used to be, but I still like it.

Check the Rock band store, the are releasing 3 of their classic 90's songs next week!