Anyone ever made a forum community?

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By destruktive

So, I basically started a website that I hope to turn into a great community for us on youtube that likes games and I'm not really sure how to "market" myself.
I'm going to do some articles on capture devices etc. but that's more or less the only way I know to get people talking about my site. 

Anyone that has some experience creating communities that would like to share some of their strategies? or for that matter have some forums that deals with these kinds of stuff?
I've done some searching around but haven't found anything I didn't really know

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ryoma122
@destruktive: if you wanna build a comunity i would say tell your friends and get them to tell there friends and so on
iv made a private forum for members of my group but thats realy no help to u at all 
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Three0neFive

I've never created one first-hand, but I have been pretty close friends (well, as close as you can be over the internet, anyway) with a few dudes who had their hearts set on creating a successful gaming community. Since 2004 they must've made at least half a dozen attempts, all gathering a respectable amount of support but inevitably tapering off to a dozen people. The latest one was around 2008, they paid for vBulletin and everything, and for a while it was pretty great. Eventually it ended up just like the others, with just a handful of us. The domain expired a few months ago, actually. I had some pretty amusing times and even made a few legitimate friends - shit, two of the members ended up getting married, though I haven't heard from them since -  but man, the shit they went through chasing their dream of having a successful, well-known site... Not worth it brah.