Are gamers bitter?

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By salad10203

Every topic I seem to read through might start with a seemingly real discussion but quickly turns into a flame-war.  Giantbomb is not as bad as some other sites and the rest of the internet is ever worse.  Is there any website (gaming preferably) that doesn't get dominated by flamers?  Or is this just the state of the internet?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Its a forum.  Its a terrible place.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cincaid
@salad10203 said:
" Every topic I seem to read through might start with a seemingly real discussion but quickly turns into a flame-war.  Giantbomb is not as bad as some other sites and the rest of the internet is ever worse.  Is there any website (gaming preferably) that doesn't get dominated by flamers?  Or is this just the state of the internet? "
State of the Internet: Act like a complete asshole and get away with it. Sadly.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

the best type of bitter
they're both bitter about their sick sad lives AND about the video games they love (all the bitching and boycotting etc..)

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

yes

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

I prefer my gamers sweet or spicy, never bitter.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vexed

When you get this many people together your opinion will always piss off somebody.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By chstupid

Thats just the internet.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Ace829
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" I prefer my gamers sweet or spicy, never bitter. "
Have you ever tried sour gamers? They take time to get used to.
Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By James_ex_machina

Everyone is bitter on the internets... actually most of my coworkers are bitter.

I also visit Blabbermouth.net for my music news and that site is overwhelmed with bitter angry people.
eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eristocrat

No more so than other human beings, try reading anything where people can post anonymously.  The subject doesn't matter, anonymous people seem to just be huge assholes.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Bobby_The_Great
@James_ex_machina said:

"Everyone is bitter on the internets... actually most of my coworkers are bitter. I also visit Blabbermouth.net for my music news and that site is overwhelmed with bitter angry people.
"

This: took the words right out of my mouth.

I think gamers, youtubers and metalheads are all bitter and hate everything. They don't like change, and don't like it when things stay the same. It's a stupid circular war they have within themselves. Basically, the Internet is a place for people to bitch just to bitch.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's just the internet.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf

I think the internet is filled with a lot of bitter people. Gamers do seem to be the most cynical as well.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phish09

Gamers are probably the most bitter bunch on the whole internetz.  I take part in a fan forum for the band Phish, and arguments almost never break out like they do on every single gaming forum I've been on.  Check on the Oh Kee Pa one day (ohkeepa.com) for how a community should treat it's members and how a member should treat it's community. 

My point is that it's not "just the internet".  It's not "just" gamers either, but gamers are some of the biggest whiners and complainers on the internet, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of gamers, especially younger gamers (under 21), are just not mature and not particularly socially well-adjusted, and it really comes through on gaming forums.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soren

Yup, it's more or less the internet.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By penguindust

No Caption Provided
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By crusader8463

The internet is a vile place. Some places have more annoying people then others, but it's the same thing everywhere. Not just on video game forums. Ever read the comments on any youtube video? I promise you that if you click on any video that has at least 50 posts on it that there have been at least one or two people insulting one another over some idiotic thing.

In real life you have this mental wall of not saying every stupid thing that pops into your head, because of social stigmas and rules we are taught to follow all of our lives. The internet however, is a new place where most people don't have any kind of preconceptions of being polite and actually stopping to think before they hit the enter button because they have been raised to believe that the internet is a place where you can say whatever you like and never be held responsible. So they say whatever vile disrespectful thing that pops into their head without stopping to think first.

Plus some people are just ass holes and douche bags. The internet is their playground.