Getting better over more driving hours

fuzzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By fuzzay

Everyone is a good driver. It's everyone else you have to look out for.

Does that make sense? Okay.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DualReaver

I haven't crashed yet. yay..?

TheSecondSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheSecondSign

I am a very good driver. I am not bragging here, the reason I'm a good driver is because not only am I a competent driver, but I never do stupid crap while driving.

My cell phone conversations never exceed 60 seconds while driving, and if they do go past a minute, I park my car along the side of the road or at a gas station or market to actually talk. I never eat anything bigger than a donut while driving, and hardly ever eat anything at all. I don't guzzle soda or any other drink while doing it either.

People say those don't matter, but they do. Practically every driver messing up traffic is either A) talking on the phone, B) reading(Yes, really), C) eating, or D) doing something stupid with other people in the car.

You drive to drive. Not to fart around with your best pal or eat or blast your radio either. You drive.

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede

I believe I am a very good driver, yet sometimes I get a bit speedy :P

WhySoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhySoSerious
TheSecondSign said:
"

I am a very good driver. I am not bragging here, the reason I'm a good driver is because not only am I a competent driver, but I never do stupid crap while driving.

My cell phone conversations never exceed 60 seconds while driving, and if they do go past a minute, I park my car along the side of the road or at a gas station or market to actually talk. I never eat anything bigger than a donut while driving, and hardly ever eat anything at all. I don't guzzle soda or any other drink while doing it either.

People say those don't matter, but they do. Practically every driver messing up traffic is either A) talking on the phone, B) reading(Yes, really), C) eating, or D) doing something stupid with other people in the car.

You drive to drive. Not to fart around with your best pal or eat or blast your radio either. You drive.

"
I agree with you completely, the most I do while driving is smoke a cigarette.

Also, don't park at a gas station to have a cell phone conversation you'll blow the place up!
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By pyromaniac

well I am a good driver in the sense that no one honks at me and I don't cut off people or anything, but I am a fairly aggressive driver, I jump lanes a lot and drive fast.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

I wouldn't know because I've never drived. Thanks public transportation.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By AlexB

No tickets and no accidents for over two years now. Yes I think I am a good driver.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Shawn

Funny how everyone thinks they are a good driver. But yeah, I think I'm a good driver too, I can be a little risky at points, but still good.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Vlademir
fuzzay said:
"Everyone is a good driver. It's everyone else you have to look out for.

Does that make sense? Okay."
Lol. I agree.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By wefwefasdf

I guess I am pretty good.  There is always room for improvement though.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By diz

Its all too easy to think you are a good driver. I find those who say they are good are probably in need of most learning.

I think all car drivers should be made to ride a motorbike for a couple of years first to sharpen their skills.

For example, I bet most of the "good" drivers here never look over their shoulders to see what's behind them when turning. The only real reference of good driving is an advanced qualification or licence.

Please stop patting yourselves on the back - especially ThesecondSign; who freely admits to eating and having phone conversations as distractions while driving.

Mardarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mardarkin

I only passed my test three weeks ago.  I'm a pretty decent driver, although peer pressure to drive fast has got me into a few tight spots, leading to my quick reform.  With a loud playlist on I usually slip into theta mode and drive perfectly.

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By warchief

I would say I am a good driver, it also helps that I attended a training course at skip barber a while back. http://www.skipbarber.com/

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By warchief

I would say I am a good driver, it also helps that I attended a training course at skip barber a while back. http://www.skipbarber.com/

TheSecondSign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSecondSign
diz said:
"Its all too easy to think you are a good driver. I find those who say they are good are probably in need of most learning.

I think all car drivers should be made to ride a motorbike for a couple of years first to sharpen their skills.

For example, I bet most of the "good" drivers here never look over their shoulders to see what's behind them when turning. The only real reference of good driving is an advanced qualification or licence.

Please stop patting yourselves on the back - especially ThesecondSign; who freely admits to eating and having phone conversations as distractions while driving."

You didn't even read what I said did you?

I said I DON'T eat or have phone conversations.
I call my parents to say I'm either coming home, or that I'm OK on the highway. Then I hang up the phone. And by eating, I mean maybe, MAYBE a candy bar.

And I do pay attention to every part of my car. You have to in my home town. Just the other a bunch of kids jumped out infront of me on bikes. If I wasn't paying attention I would've flattened them. But I was paying attention. The other day someone tried to shift lanes right into my truck without a signal and nearly pushed me off the road.

I was the one who caught it and moved out of the way while he kept merging.

And yes, I do look behind me when I pull out. I always do.
patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By patrick5152003

i'm good i just get cocky at times. i should take it more seriously than i sometimes do.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By SSbabel

I would consider myself a good driver.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nude_Dude

I don't drive. I stare at my car with my hypno-look and it takes me where I want asap.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By suneku

I have never gotten into an accident or any sort of ticket so I think I'm doing okay.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By c1337us

In a day to day capacity I am a good driver cause I am a law abiding driver. I did get a  fine for running a red light once but the intersection heading east near out local airport has the quickest light changes on the planet and I was completely rogered in that occasion. As a racing driver, I did have a speedway car once cause my old man was into super stocks and junk but I totally sucked arse at racing. 

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I'm not a bad driver. I'm not a good driver. I'm not a driver at all.

melanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By melanie

I don't drive. =| I got to park the car one time and I almost put the car through the fence so I say I suck.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't have my license yet, I currently am driving with a learner's permit. But I am very confident in my driving abilities and I do think that I am a very skilled driver.

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eisen

I haven't had any violations or accidents, so I would assume that I do pretty well.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By diz
TheSecondSign said:
"diz said:
"Its all too easy to think you are a good driver. I find those who say they are good are probably in need of most learning.

Please stop patting yourselves on the back - especially ThesecondSign; who freely admits to eating and having phone conversations as distractions while driving."

You didn't even read what I said did you?

I said I DON'T eat or have phone conversations.
I call my parents to say I'm either coming home, or that I'm OK on the highway. Then I hang up the phone. And by eating, I mean maybe, MAYBE a candy bar.

And I do pay attention to every part of my car. You have to in my home town. Just the other a bunch of kids jumped out infront of me on bikes. If I wasn't paying attention I would've flattened them. But I was paying attention. The other day someone tried to shift lanes right into my truck without a signal and nearly pushed me off the road.

I was the one who caught it and moved out of the way while he kept merging.

And yes, I do look behind me when I pull out. I always do."

Seems like you didn't read what you said - you don't have phone conversations over one minute and don't eat anything larger than a doughnut while driving. I can't see how those limitations would make any difference to the distraction those actions would entail.

You should look over your shoulder when you make any turn - and not just pull away.

Why be so defensive? Is it not better to acknowledge that everyone - including you - can improve their driving skills and road-craft?