Are you better than her, or him, or them?

• 53 results
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@mandude said:

I'm one of the people in question here. I can be having a lovely conversation with someone, but when it eventually comes up that I dropped out of secondary school, they go sour-faced and think of me as some sort of idiot, and the conversation quickly ends.

One time, I was conversing with a teller while cashing my considerably large paycheck, and she became condescending the moment she heard I dropped out (I prefer the term 'ascended above'). Ignorance is deeply rooted, I guess.

I guess people like feeling superior, regardless of how rooted in reality that feeling is.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I don't understand how I'm supposed to respond to this.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By mandude

@Still_I_Cry said:

@mandude said:

I'm one of the people in question here. I can be having a lovely conversation with someone, but when it eventually comes up that I dropped out of secondary school, they go sour-faced and think of me as some sort of idiot, and the conversation quickly ends.

One time, I was conversing with a teller while cashing my considerably large paycheck, and she became condescending the moment she heard I dropped out (I prefer the term 'ascended above'). Ignorance is deeply rooted, I guess.

I guess people like feeling superior, regardless of how rooted in reality that feeling is.

I think school and, now, college is just an assumed aspect of growing up. Most people in my class went to college simply because it's what you do after school. It even took me 2 years to decide "Hey, I just realised I can leave this dreadful place!" and then I moved on with my life. Not that there's anything wrong with school, but it just isn't for some people. I think people are coming around to it, lately though. Most my friends have since dropped out of college, and decided to focus on getting back in and doing a course they actually like. :p

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@mandude said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@mandude said:

I think school and, now, college is just an assumed aspect of growing up. Most people in my class went to college simply because it's what you do after school. It even took me 2 years to decide "Hey, I just realised I can leave this dreadful place!" and then I moved on with my life. Not that there's anything wrong with school, but it just isn't for some people. I think people are coming around to it, lately though. Most my friends have since dropped out of college, and decided to focus on getting back in and doing a course they actually like. :p

When I read things like this, "A weak labor market already has left half of young college graduates either jobless or underemployed in positions that don't fully use their skills and knowledge." I become worried.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I have the weirdest boner right now