• 63 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I am/am not. I don't really need it to function but if I don't drink any coffee I will get a headache. So, now I just drink coffee in the morning so I don't get a headache later in the day.

I don't even like coffee. I started drinking it when I worked in a place that had free coffee for employees. I drank it just cause it was there and it would give me quite a boost of energy. But now I am unemployed and don't own a coffee making device so I bought instant coffee and have been drinking that for awhile. I'm running low on it too... I don't want to buy more but I don't see another choice. I also get alot of caffeine from the medicine I take for migraines. so I think I might have more caffeine in my system at any given time than the average person.

Anyway thats my story, whats yours?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It doesn't even really seem to have any effect on me for some reason.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zeik

Not as much as some people, but a bit. I don't drink coffee or tea or anything with a ton of caffeine, but if I don't get some caffeinated soda (Coca-cola usually) around lunchtime the rest of the day can feel pretty sluggish. But I mostly drink that for the taste over the caffeine.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

If I am, I don't seem to get much of an effect from it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Not at all. I drink coffee simply because I like the taste and, even then, I rarely drink it. Caffeinated soda on the other hand is always a last resort option.for me. i.e. I need to get this taste out of my mouth and this Pepsi/Coke/whatever is literally my only option

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can stop drinking it any time I want, and I'll get headaches for few days when coming off it, but nothing I can't handle. I wouldn't say I'm dependent on it. I just like the taste (with sugar) and the slight mood boost it gives me.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Pie

I don't think I eat or drink anything with much caffeine

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By roboculus92

No because it doesn't seem to work for me. Coffee is a big no because not only does the caffeine not work but I also hate the taste.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not anymore. When I was I'd get crabby and sluggish if I went a few hours without it. So glad I quit that shit.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clonedzero

No, not really. I mean i have a cup or two of coffee every morning but thats about it. I don't need it in the morning though, i dont really get "woken up" by it. Hell honestly i enjoy it more cus it makes me poop at a reliable time....

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really consume anything with caffeine in it. I drink soda maybe a couple times a month. And I drink coffee maybe a few times a year.

However when I was younger I would consume both in large quantities daily. Then a few years back I just stopped drinking them both. I am however hooked on flavored and or carbonated waters/juices. I drink about 4-6 of those a day.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink a fair bit o' coffee, but never regularly enough to be dependent. I have a high caffeine tolerance (I can pound an energy drink and go right to bed... it's kind of annoying when I actually do need a perk), so it's a taste thing for me.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't drank anything with caffeine in a decade, so I don't even know what it would be like at this point to be dependent on it.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

On and off with it over the years. Not drinking it used to leave me little slow and maybe some very minor headaches for a day or two then nothing.

Now though I don't drink any on weekends and no problems. Honestly it's just nice to have something warm to drink in the Fall and Winter mornings.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Caffeine ain't no Adderall. That's for damn sure. I can drink absurd amounts of caffeine and still fall asleep like a baby.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Can't say that I am. There was a point when I was frightfully dependent on it, though. When I was game testing, there was one project in particular where the hours were so long and days off so rare that I actually downed one of those large cans of Jolt (the sort that comes in the battery-like can with the screw-top) and felt frighteningly not-hyper. I'm not sure an intravenous caffeine drip could have made me jittery at that point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm past caffeine even having an effect on me so... no.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Not anymore. I used to get headaches unless I had some, but I switched to drinking mostly water. I'll often get a soda if I get fast food, but I can just as easily make do with a lemonade in those cases.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am become caffein

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had coffee in over a year and, at this point, the only caffeine I'm consuming is my occasional tea drinking.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By noizy

If you get a headache by not drinking it, I think you are physically dependent. Last time I checked, what caffeine does is block neurotransmitters that makes us feel fatigued.

I drink 3 coffees a day; two in the morning and one after lunch.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Caffeine does jack shit for me.

TheMessiBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMessiBeast

I'm really good at avoiding caffeine and coffee. It's really useful because if I do have a day with long classes and I had trouble sleeping, even just a bit of coffee gives a strong boost due to my low tolerance.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dooscent

I don't get nearly enough sleep.

I have coffee twice a day: When I get to work, and when I get home from work. It's either that or be grumpy/doze off. I can feel it affecting me.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I can go a month drinking coffee everyday and easily transition to a month with no caffeine at all.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do drink coffee every morning, but I have no adverse side effect when I don't.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I am badly addicted to soda.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By weegieanawrench

Nope, but when I do have it on weekend mornings, it does its job and wakes me the fuck up. I'm semi-dependent on tea though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either I have a low tolerance or alot of you guys are full of crap.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HerbieBug

I cannot function at an acceptable level -meaning: hold a job- in society without it. Caffeine and also my psych meds, but let's just keep the conversation to caffeine for this thread. I resisted the idea that caffeine is a non-negotiable stimulant for me for a long time. Tried many many alternatives to raise my energy and alertness level. Healthiest of healthy diets, working as hard as I could to keep in tip-top physical condition. It wasn't enough. So this is just the way it has to be. It's not fair, of course. But c'est la vie.

Fortunately I do quite like coffee.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#31  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I don't drink coffee, and drinking caffeinated soda after 9PM make me have trouble sleeping. So I guess... no?

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chop

I didn't think I was until I stayed a week at a house without anyway of getting coffee in the morning.

Fuck, I was miserable. My body just felt like dead weight and my thought process slowed down to a snails pace. I honestly felt like I was at the tail end of being drunk a lot of time...

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By JJWeatherman

The former? I've honestly never felt much of any effect from caffeine. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do have a soda on occasion. The few times I've tried coffee, still no noticeable change. Sometimes I wish I could magically wake up via a hot beverage, but it seems I'm doomed to eternal tiredness. But whatever, I do okay.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I cut caffeine almost completely out of my diet and cut down significantly on sugar from about September last year until recently by drinking decaffeinated tea and only occasional soft drinks. I definitely noticed that I was sleeping better and focusing more on my university work, although unfortunately I've kind of relapsed a bit on the soft drinks and at the worst possible time too. I think it's time to give them up again until at least my final hand-in.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z said:

The former? I've honestly never felt much of any effect from caffeine. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do have a soda on occasion. The few times I've tried coffee, still no noticeable change. Sometimes I wish I could magically wake up via a hot beverage, but it seems I'm doomed to eternal tiredness. But whatever, I do okay.

Thats really sad if people really do suffer from that. I feel like I actually have a pretty high tolerance to caffein but a cup of coffee still does wonders when I'm getting up in the morning. Soda doesn't have much caffein at all, and energy drinks don't deliver their caffein very efficiently so you get more of a sugar rush from them. The only real way to accept caffein into your body is via coffee, no matter how vile and disgusting it tastes.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many days I feel like I need to have an energy drink to help kick start my day faster. It's not healthy, but it seems to work for me.

futurstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i do morning coffee and nightly hot tea, i will get headaches if i skip coffee :[

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: Have you tried tea? The caffeine absorption is slower than coffee, so you get less of a peak and crash. There are a lot of different kinds of tea with different tastes; white tea, japanese green tea, taiwan green tea, darjeling tea, smokey tea, etc. Loose leaf is typically better quality; or allow for higher quality infusions. I used to be into tea a lot.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hopelessly addicted to and dependent on caffeine. The funny thing is I recently had my medical re-qualification done in order to keep my job, and my pulse was 98 over 76 with four cans of Pepsi running through my system. I've been tempted to submit my blood in order to figure out how the fuck I seem to have superhuman resistance or tolerance to my unhealthy diet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not anymore. I used to drink a few liters a day, when I worked in a restaurant where I could drink all the soda I wanted. I didn't really realize how much I was drinking until I had to buy it myself. I quit drinking it for the most part a few years ago. When I quit, I was super pissy toward everyone and had headaches for a few days. I still drink a coke every once and awhile, but I'm not addicted to it (or anything) anymore, so that's cool.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to drink Dr. Pepper a ton. I'd go through a 24 pack in 3 or 4 days usually. I did that for probably 3 to 4 years straight until last May when I decided I should get into better shape. I went cold turkey and switched to water. I also tried to change my eating style and started exercising as well all basically overnight. While I've slacked off on my eating habits and exercise after 3 months I still haven't had one bit of caffeine since. I sleep so much better now and don't feel like my mind is in a fog. The first day I had a headache the second day I couldn't sleep and felt like I was sick and the third day went back to a headache and then I was fine by the fourth day.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noizy said:

@devil240z: Have you tried tea? The caffeine absorption is slower than coffee, so you get less of a peak and crash. There are a lot of different kinds of tea with different tastes; white tea, japanese green tea, taiwan green tea, darjeling tea, smokey tea, etc. Loose leaf is typically better quality; or allow for higher quality infusions. I used to be into tea a lot.

I do drink tea some times but as with my drinking of bottom shelf instant coffee I drink cheap green tea. though I do prefer this minty green tea that I got somewhere else. but its all bagged tea.

Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Caffeine doesn't really affect me. The only caffeinated beverage I really drink is Dr. Pepper.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have one coffee a day for enjoyment not for the caffeine . So nope.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i used to, but then did a month cold turkey and it got out of my system when it comes to dependency.

But basically I drink a pot of coffee a day. Love it man.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newp.

BlueMizzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably. Love black coffee.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No coffee for me, I drink tea like a proper gentlemen.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coffee and other drinks with caffeine have never really effected me so no, I'm not dependant on it.