Are you more likely to view a poll than other forum items?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By YoungFrey

Poll Are you more likely to view a poll than other forum items? (38 votes)

Yes 68%
No 32%

I've noticed that even when I'm not feeling up to forum perusing I still will hit all the polls and vote. That tag now allows me to easily skim the threads for the polls, making it very easy. I was wondering if anyone else did the same.

• 
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I look for threads that have few comments on and try and contribute, rather write a message than just click: yes, no, P4, Charlie Tunoku, PS4 only, etc

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Wacomole

Much, MUCH less likely in my case.

EDIT: To elaborate, I'm less likely to view polls as opposed to other posts as a much of the time the subjects tend to be less interesting and sometimes downright off-putting.

Often, when I do go into a poll I tend to only leave a comment and not bother with the actual poll part.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By YoungFrey

For me, I think part of it is that once a thread rolls on to page two, the number of people that will even anything to write is really low. But with a poll, your vote always matter as much as anyone elses. I'm also much more likely to take the time to respond to a post with very few comments.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

I was just doing this... and found this poll.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I guess. I view every poll and i don't view every other threads. But then there are fewer polls than regular threads. See what you did? Now i'm confused.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even saying I think polls are amazing. Just that most people don't have the time to examine every thread and try to get engaged. While the effort of hitting a pole and just voting is very low. So seeing which post is a poll will naturally lead to more polls (for better or ill).

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, I don't really notice the thing on the side. I guess I usually click on threads which are questions though, which is why I clicked on this.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nope. Don't really like polls, they never seem to have much purpose, just a bunch of random nonsense and people arguing. Or a bunch of posts "hey I voted for this one, that's all bye now".