• 133 results
nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nicksmi56

So reviews have finally come out for Justice League, and they're pretty mixed overall. From what I can gather, the characters and their chemistry are great and the action is nice, but the film itself is a bit of a mess, the villain is a total bore, the plot holes are pretty bad and the whole thing feels rushed.

Part of me wants to abandon all doubts, go to the theater and hope against hope that I'll walk out satisfied. I mean, I love these characters, and if the film has fixed all the massive problems they had (besides Wonder Woman), then maybe that'll be enough to coast through the bad bits. Seeing actual versions of the League interacting with each other on screen would be a childhood dream come true. And it's not like I always agree with critics (sorry, Thor).

But then I remember that this is the freaking Justice League, and we're at the end of a year where I enjoyed all the comic book films that came out, even if I was disappointed by one or two of them (again, sorry Thor). This shouldn't even be a debate! And then I think of all the great DC comics and animated films and TV shows I could be spending my time and money on instead and suddenly it seems kind of stupid to waste my time on a film universe that I've found pretty much uniformly awful up to this point (again, besides Wonder Woman, and I wasn't even as in love with that film as the world was at large).

I'm still debating whether my optimism or cynicism (or maybe logic vs heart?) will win out on this one, but I wanted to see what you guys thought now that we have a decent picture of what this film has turned out to be.

So yay or nay?

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, this Friday

Doom616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, probably sometime next week. I am the rare person who liked mos and bvs.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No - I don't like any of DCU movies - even Wonder Woman left me wanting - and Justice League looks like a CGI-saturated mess. I'll be seeing Thor during Thanksgiving week, and that'll be my superhero fix for the time being.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Definitely going to see it. The way Warner has gotten to this movie, I'm curious to see the final result, especially with Synder's leave and Whedon's input. Even if it's bad, it's an interesting thing. I also like to see the ridiculous amount of money on display in tentpole movies. You shouldn't let reviews dictated how you feel about something you haven't seen. Reading the post, you already have your mind made up.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Tom_omb

Yeah, I see them all. If it's good or bad, doesn't matter, I want to know! Never super fond of the Justice League in general. I felt these characters (mostly Batman) were better by themselves. The Flash seems like he could be fun in this movie.

I am really excited to see Matt Reeve's take on Batman. He seems to have the right idea and his Planet of the Apes movies were great.

there's a chance to do an almost noir-driven detective version of Batman that is point-of-view driven in a very, very powerful way, that will hopefully connect you to what's going on inside of his head and inside of his heart.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon: It's less "Oh, this movie's trash but other people say it's good, grr!" and more "Wow, this thing that I had given up hope on seems to actually have some redeeming qualities to it. And since it's a property I love, I may actually enjoy it more than others, so now I'm re-evaluating my initial stance and trying to figure out if those redeeming qualities would possibly be able to overpower my negative thoughts on the franchise as a whole."

Sorry if the post came off as overly angry. I know I tend to overthink things and the negative thoughts have had a lot more time to stew than the positive, so I can see how this might sound like a rage post.

heyooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope-getting pretty numb to cape shit in general, and DC universe has been a lost cause since the beginning. Wonder Woman was okayish, with a cringey beginning and straight up dog shit final 20 minutes, but because of how severe of a stockholm syndrome DC fans have, they're willing to evangelise anything that ends up being "not awful". Gal Gadot is also a pretty bad actress and the only reason she was watchable in WW was because Chris Pine was doing most of the heavy lifting, and since he's not in Justice League, I have even less incentive to watch it.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By jay_ray

A friend wants to see it, so I said I would go. He officially owes me one now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yeah sure I wanna see the Justice League in action - it’s the first movie of this kind so I’ll see if I bother seeing any more. I know I don’t really care about the Avengers to bother seeing that in theatres again so we will see how this fares.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only like Wonder Woman from the new DC stuff, so I'll pass.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to see it hoping that The Flash is done well, but I don't want to see it because I doubt The Flash is done well.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might catch it on blueray. I just don't have it in me to care after not liking Batman V Superman, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman or Spider-Man.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Thor

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't think so. After I gave Suicide Squad and and BvS a shot despite what critics said, I told myself I was done. No more. If they get bad reception, I'm not seeing it. So I of course saw Wonder Woman with the good reviews it had and yup it was really good.

This one though is getting very mixed stuff. And the biggest problems are apparently the villain and the story in general? They say it's choppy again like SS and BvS. Fuck that.

It'll get like 50% on RT

CountPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CountPickles

its pronounced "Yustice League" and, yes, I am watching it on Thursday evening.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooope. With the shitshow behind this film's development and Snyder's recent track record I have zero confidence this will be remotely worth the ticket price.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BrainScratch

I'm going to watch it out of curiosity once it comes out on streaming services, but that's it. I'm way too tired of Super Hero movies and I hope this trend dies soon.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By hermes

Probably, but I am no going to see it this weekend.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing it. It's probably not going to be good, but this isn't one that's skippable to me like Suicide Squad. I've been a fan of the JLA (or I guess just JL now) for so long that I would feel weird not going to see the movie. Which is what WB is probably banking on with this, nostalgia and the success of the WW movie.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, after Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad I am done with DC movies. They had three chances at putting out a great movie, and each time it has been all style and no substance. Wonder Woman was fine, but by no means anythign I am dying to see a second time.

They needed to hit this one out of the park, and this doesn't sound like they came even close.

Will buy it on Itunes when it is cheap, but that's about as far as I am willing to go.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheRealTurk

No.

I'm sick to death of Superhero movies in general and the D.C. superhero movies have always left me wanting. Unlike most other people, I wasn't that enthused by Wonder Woman - they got a great cast and the writing wanted to be fun but ultimately it felt like they just couldn't let go of the "grimdark" aesthetic that D.C. seems to want.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Not in theaters. I will watch it on Blue-ray form my library.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I will probably will go sometime next week and use a free movie pass I have.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ripelivejam

Sounds about on par with 90% of Marvel movies then. Wonder Woman had its moments and Gadot worked well for the part but it got dull towards the end and just had to have a romance shoehorned in.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By jadegl

Since I see just about all big comic book movies in the theater, all the way back to Blade II, I am probably going to go to a matinee this weekend.

The thing is, I have a soft spot for DC characters, especially Wonder Woman. I want to see these films do well, but I also know that the recent DC movies (sans WW which I loved) have been pretty much garbage. So I want to go and be pleasantly surprised by it being good, but I also am worried it will be terrible. The trailers have been uninspiring. The fact that a movie introducing so many new characters is under 2 hours long is kind of worrisome, along with the troubled production, reshoots and everything else that has haunted the film. It's s toss up. it could turn out okay or it could be a dumpster fire. Either way I don't think seeing it will be a waste of time or money, to me at least.

It can't be as bad as Elektra, which I actually paid money to see, or Catwoman, which I got free tickets to and still felt like I wanted my money back after the fact.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#28 gamer_152  Moderator

I'll probably see it somewhere down the line on Blu-Ray or a streaming service but there's very little chance I'll go to a theatre for this one. It would be really cool if this is the post-Nolan DC film where they pull it out of the bag and have all these characters interacting on screen exactly as you'd want them to, and there was even a fair bit about Man of Steel I like at the time, but they've burned me. Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad were basically train wrecks that Warner Bros. are motivated to reuse the techniques from because they made so much money. From what I've seen of the reviews, the problems with Justice League are also the same problems that made me dislike BvS and SS so I'm out.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I didn't hate BvS and SS(didn't really seem any worse than your average Marvel movie too me) and i'm excited to see if Aquaman is done well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I'm mixed so will probably wait until I can stream it

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I think I will see it in theaters but I can't guarantee I'll like it.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's such a bummer that the DC movies are so middling. Their animated shows are top notch, the DCAU movies are generally pretty good, and even the TV live action stuff, while not really my cup of tea, is apparently quite solid.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing it on Friday though superhero movies are starting to wear thin with me these days.

heyooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By heyooo

@ichthy said:

It's such a bummer that the DC movies are so middling. Their animated shows are top notch, the DCAU movies are generally pretty good, and even the TV live action stuff, while not really my cup of tea, is apparently quite solid.

This is the only DC film that I'll be spending any money on :V

Loading Video...

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep! I'm a sucker for superhero movies. Just shovel that shit into my open mouth, Hollywood. I'm your huckleberry.

...God, I hate myself.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heyooo said:
@ichthy said:

This is the only DC film that I'll be spending any money on :V

Loading Video...

I didn't know this was a thing, thought they were done with Brave and the Bold, but holy crap that's an amazing crossover.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichthy: That's not even the first time Batman and Scooby-Doo have crossed over ^_^

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By applegong

No. staying away from any superhero movie until the Justice League vs Avengers happens.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably see it because I haven't had the opportunity to get my knickers in a knot about a movie for a while, so why not? I'm hoping we'll get more of an intriguingly awful shitshow like BvS than a uninterestingly dull failure like Suicide Squad.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I’ll probably watch it when I can see it for free streaming. And even then I’ll probablg only half watch it.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some ungodly reason I saw all the other ones. No way I'm seeing this one. It sounds terrible and looks like trash

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will probably see it because I haven't had the opportunity to get my knickers in a knot about a movie for a while, so why not? I'm hoping we'll get more of an intriguingly awful shitshow like BvS than a uninterestingly dull failure like Suicide Squad.

Early word points to the latter. Same clusterfuck of a production as suicide squad, lots of reshoots, hatchet job editing in post, etc.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

Yeah, going to the midnight showing tomorrow night. Have yet to see any of the trailers or read any of the reviews. I prefer to see a film like this knowing as little as possible.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not. BvS is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and Wonder Woman was just barely watchable. I guess Im just not a fan of their style.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#45 FinalDasa  Moderator

No.

DC just hasn't grabbed a hold of me in the ways Marvel did. DC feels like it's in a rush to get to the big moments while Marvel slowly builds to them (or tosses them aside). That in addition to the below average writing and overly bombastic action scenes gives me enough reason to skip the movies.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'll go see it because I'm curious. I won't see it until next week though.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go see it Sunday. I don't really want to, but me and my friends every comic book movie together since the first Xmen. It's kind of our thing.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've skipped everything Zach Snyder related since Watchman I think. Have a strange desire to see this one, mostly just morbid curiosity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Sure but I have Movie Pass so it's hardly a commitment to see movies in theaters. I went and saw Kingsman fell asleep 15 min. in and didn't feel bad about it.

There's like 3 movies I want to see ahead of JL though, but I have a lot of time off from work next week so it'll probably happen.