AVGN-The Movie

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sarkhan

I'm a big AVGN fan. And after all these years, he finally hooked up to make a movie. 

Who's looking forward to this movie? And who have supported him over the years? 

In my mind, he started something for gamers by gamers, if you will. Yeah, i'v grown fond of "the real jJames" in this and that. But a funny thing started and it's grown into amazing things.  

Mod alert: There WILL be videos in this topic. 

Movie update: 
http://cinemassacre.com/2012/05/25/avgn-movie-update/ 

And for fun? Those who have bought the dvd's, you will know this. But fun anyway :) 
http://cinemassacre.com/2012/05/13/battletoads-outtakes/ 

http://cinemassacre.com/2012/05/24/avgn-texas-chainsaw-massacre-outtakes/
samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By samfo

His video game reviews were funny, but a movie seems like a bad idea...

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NegativeCero

I went through a period where I liked Screwattack and the AVGN videos, but I guess I grew out of their humor. I got tired of his character, so I probably won't pay much attention to this movie.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KaneRobot

His video game reviews were not funny, and a movie seems like a bad idea...

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By frankfartmouth

I'm a big fan of his reviews, but not necessarily his constant shit jokes. His website is great, lots of good content, and he really knows his shit when it comes to film, maybe even more so than with games, so we'll see. I'm curious but honestly not expecting much. He certainly drummed up enough money for the film, but from I've read, the whole idea sounds pretty goofball for a full length feature. He seems content to just release it on DVD though, which will undoubtedly be successful for him. I wish him the best with it, but I'm not particularly excited to see it. Just mildly curious

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Strife777

I hope it turns out good, but I have a feeling it won't. I like AVGN a lot.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kashif1

It will either be good or bad-good. Either way it should be fun.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I like his reviews and have seen just about all of his videos, but this movie idea doesn't sound like it will be very successful.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sarkhan
@NegativeCero said:

I went through a period where I liked Screwattack and the AVGN videos, but I guess I grew out of their humor. I got tired of his character, so I probably won't pay much attention to this movie.

Yeah. I'm kinda in the same spot. Just tierd of the ass/shit and so on thingy. But what he does and have to say when he's not the nerd, is really good. so i have high hopes for the movie.
Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sarkhan

Just a question. The fans, have you seen/heard anything about the scrip and/or the movie? I was so scared for it to be a "shit fest of jokes". But he actually have some famouse actors in it. But as he says in the first video and on his making blog, he playes the nerd. so it will be nerd. But i just didn't want it to be a full shit/anus/piss thingy. He wanted some fun. And that is what i look forward to .
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Akyho

YEAH! Happy Console Gamer movie! I am so Psyched!

Oh....wait....Angry Videogame Nerd!

Yeah sorry got mixed up there.

Well When AVGN put up that big money wall barrier when everyone was experimenting with subscriptions. I switched off. Years later found out it was free again and went "cool not gonna watch" I watched Rob the Robot one mainly because I never ever ever knew that such a thing existed let alone was launch in the US for the Nes. I am UK it never made it here for good reason and everyone has gladly forgotten about it.

However just that video was ok to a point and then it became tiring to watch. Most people have commented saying that the movie is expected to be much like that....and well you do the maths on my expectations.

Edit: watch the update thing and fuck an actual film crew and stuff! Geeze, HCG is just him and his expensive camera and friends, been making it slowly for years now. AVG swoops in with a full crew and 4 months.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

@Sarkhan said:

Just a question. The fans, have you seen/heard anything about the scrip and/or the movie? I was so scared for it to be a "shit fest of jokes". But he actually have some famouse actors in it. But as he says in the first video and on his making blog, he playes the nerd. so it will be nerd. But i just didn't want it to be a full shit/anus/piss thingy. He wanted some fun. And that is what i look forward to .

Don't forget the f-bombs.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sarkhan
@Akyho: Really? As a member of Cinemassacre from the begining, i can't say i'v never spent any kind of money. Is this your promo post? 

Yeah. the nerd will play the nerd. And i think i will enjoy it. It will be a beer and a pizza movie. But he started on his own and i support that. to many "i can do that" on the net and then fade off. 
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jay444111

@Akyho: Well, James Rolfe has made movies before. (Low brow horror movies... spoofs really.) So he does have expierence while the HGC guys don't. Also the fact that the guy is pretty damn determined. I mean, have you seen that video of him when he started making films? Holy shit was he on a budget, He didn't even use computers for edits, he just did one damn take and hope for the best. Damn.

I hope the movie is good. I truly hope so.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By JasonR86

This movie can't be good. It just can't be.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By FancySoapsMan

His reviews are great, but I don't know how I feel about a movie.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarkhan
@JasonR86

Hope? Or fact?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@SamFo said:

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SamFo said:

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By PixelPrinny

Ohh, thanks for posting this update. I was curious how that was coming along so it's nice to hear things went well and they're done the filming and such. Very cool :)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By cornbredx

He does other stuff then just the AVGN, and is a indie film maker.

I don't know how well it will do, as a lot of his fans of that character in particular are little kids who like all the poop jokes and foul language, but anything that helps him continue to realize his dream- well that cant be all that bad.

Still have no idea how this will work as a movie, but we'll see. I'm more interested in the Cinema Snob movie though, myself.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nekroskop

I hate his AVGN persona. I'd rather have him spend it on making some documentary about movies. His non-AVGN videos are much better.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By JasonR86

@Sarkhan said:

@JasonR86: Hope? Or fact?

Reality.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deusx

I am really excited for the movie. Whoever says it is a bad idea maybe doesn´t know how passionate he is about this and how much James has worked and studied to make this happen.

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#25  Edited By wumbo3000

@NegativeCero said:

Same here. I remember I used to love Screwattack with Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom. Looking back at it now, Screwattack was almost like a younger, immature version of GiantBomb. But I just kinda stopped going to their site after a while. With the AVGN, I started to appreciate James' non-Nerd videos much more as I got older.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deusx

@wumbo3000 said:

@NegativeCero said:

Same here. I remember I used to love Screwattack with Stuttering Craig and Handsome Tom. Looking back at it now, Screwattack was almost like a younger, immature version of GiantBomb. But I just kinda stopped going to their site after a while. With the AVGN, I started to appreciate James' non-Nerd videos much more as I got older.

That´s the sad thing, most people only know him as the nerd. He makes lot of great content besides that. Monster Madness and Board James to name a few. He is a talented guy with a lot of passion.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falconpunch

@NegativeCero said:

The same thing happened to me. Used to always check Gametrailers for their Screwattack Top Ten's and AVGN videos but I just kinda stopped...

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Akyho

@Sarkhan said:

@Akyho: Really? As a member of Cinemassacre from the begining, i can't say i'v never spent any kind of money. Is this your promo post? Yeah. the nerd will play the nerd. And i think i will enjoy it. It will be a beer and a pizza movie. But he started on his own and i support that. to many "i can do that" on the net and then fade off.

I am very certain there was a point that AVGN went to Screwattack , (it may have been newly founded) only and was only available for subscribing members. I dont know how long it lasted, except there was a period I wasn't allowed to watch it due to a money barrier years ago. It was about the time from when he changed from Angry Nintendo Nerd to Angry Video game nerd.

However my complaints about money barriers is bit ironic, considering I cant stand not having a subscription to GB.......

I will hold up one hand and say "I could be wrong about the whole thing." However I am certain it was like that for at least a month, I only found out AVGN wasnt under a subscription bubble a year ago be he once or never was. There was a barrier involving Screwattack I know that much.

Promo post?@Jay444111 said:

@Akyho: Well, James Rolfe has made movies before. (Low brow horror movies... spoofs really.) So he does have expierence while the HGC guys don't. Also the fact that the guy is pretty damn determined. I mean, have you seen that video of him when he started making films? Holy shit was he on a budget, He didn't even use computers for edits, he just did one damn take and hope for the best. Damn.

I hope the movie is good. I truly hope so.

Yeah it wasnt till I watched the video I realized the effort put into it. I was thinking much the same as his usual videos, however he certainly went for the "MOVIE" part.

I just find it strange this Internet Gamers "Movies" HCG has been making his movie for years, AVGN has a movie.

But then again , Years ago there was variations of AVGN, As I looked up the Rob the Robot vid, There was an IrateGamer who had done one 4 years ago. Happy console Gamer was a direct effect of AVGN since. There was so many people modeling themselves after AVGN he went "Why does everyone have to be so "ANGRY"? and more so about video games? So I decided. I will be the HAPPY console Gamer."

Hell there is a youtube games reviewer I have started to follow called "AngryJoe". He has a pretty nice production quality and I like his humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlgpncvNps&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ&index=1&feature=plcp

While AVGN was the original (I think) I have just grown out of it. Maby the movie will be good or not. Depends on how I watch it. Untill super excitment is drummed up by all sorts of people, I have no interest, more so if it will be an honest DVD set up.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jewunit

It wasn't a movie per se, but I really enjoyed his team-up video with Captain S. James has a lot of film-making experience under his belt, so I imagine he knows what he is doing in making an AVGN movie. I am cautiously optimistic for it.

ironscimitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By ironscimitar

Im a huge fan. I've met him a few times and I have all of his DVDs signed by him. I look forward to his movie.

Neocarbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Neocarbon

I like AVGN reviews(although the shit jokes are getting old.), and knew there was a movie in the works, but I can't imagine what will it be. He has mentioned je will do E.T.,but he also said it won't ne a giant review.

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By scalpel

But will it be as unfunny as his videos?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Wemibelle

We'll see. I think his work has gone downhill a bit in the last couple years, with occasional great reviews. The movie could be really great. It could also be two hours of repetitive jokes and boring content.