Batman VS Superman Comic Con trailer

• 158 results
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Looks like Superman is being held accountable for the destruction of Metropolis and Affleck looks amazing and I am surprised that I like Jessie Eisenberg's take on Lex Luthor. I can't believe I am saying this but I am excited for this movie!

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

That looked pretty good. Hope the movie holds up with the trailer.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

Looks alright

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That looks fucking awesome. Holy shit.

I re-watched Man of Steel a few days ago, and it's still definitely got some pacing issues, but it's not that bad. Especially knowing what the sequel's about, it feels more like a big 2-hour long prologue to Batman v Superman.

I really hope the Justice League stuff works out well. Wonder Woman looked alright here, but I gotta see more.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Wait, you're an orphan too!?"

<friends for life, credits croll>

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Fuck what ya heard, that sent a chill down my spine. I didn't see ben affleck, I saw fucking Batman.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@shindig said:

"Wait, you're an orphan too!?"

<friends for life, credits croll>

<after credits>

Supes: Welp, gotta go, Ma's making cornbread and chili!

<flies back to Kansas>

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Will I ever see you again!?"

"Sure, Bruce. Whenever DC's films are flagging, I'll be there. Whenever they think enough time has passed for a feasible reboot, I'll be there. Whenever some new director thinks they can outdo the Nolans, I'll BE THERE!"

Coming Summer 2017: Superman & Batman Vs Lex Luthor and Jared Leto. Featuring Liam Neeson as Himself

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this looks so fucking good. Still wanna see more Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman. She looked pretty damn cool in the little snippets in this trailer, but I'm still not 100% sold on her yet. I just want to see her kicking some ass.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks amazing I can't wait, even more so sense age of ultron I am rather down on Marvel movies atm.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punkxblaze: Been saying it for a long time now: he's gonna kill it as Batman. Potential to be the best Batman yet. I reaaaaaalllly don't agree with Jessie Eisenberg as Lex though... he's really gotta drop that unsure tone that he has about him.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a dumb thing to complain about, but I don't think Jesse Eisenberg's voice is deep enough.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I watch this bombastic, orgasmic, awesome (albeit CGI filled) trailer for this movie about a property I care about deeply, I just have to keep reminding myself

"It's directed by Zack Snyder"

After that, my hopes are appropriately shot back down to "meh" and thus I will avoid disappointment if it actually does suck like I suspect.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: For me the problem is that Lex Luthor is supposed to be this intimidating figure much more than a scheming little grad student in tennis shoes.

Still I think all of it looks really promising. I know I'm interested to see how it all pans out. Just a little worried that the Wonder Woman sideplot is going to be too much for one movie.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: TBH... Even if Lex isn't in the movie much, just knowing that it's J.E. is ruining it for me already =[ Like... who in their right mind thought that was a good decision?

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had any faith in Zack Snyder I would probably be excited.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: Maybe he'll pull it off. I didn't understand Heath Ledgers casting as the Joker either when I first heard it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like The Batman, but Super-Man is lame, I'm torn.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I like the premise but I don't think this looks good. Looks like Zach Snyder stuff which isn't a compliment from me and what else do you expect.

I really don't like Luthor either. Maybe it works in context but imagining how Snyder movies tend to go seems... out of place. As well as questionable otherwise. But to be fair I don't really like him as a actor in any part so that's obviously coloring my opinion.

Also glad they show how Batman's parents die I haven't gotten that part yet. Maybe this is finally the time I understand.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Humanity

A lot of Zack Snyder hate in this thread. Did people really not like Watchman? Man of Steel was alright, not terrible but not great. I dunno I can't recall movies he has made that were absolutely terrible.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to announce my kickstarter to fund this film except the story is that Superman kills Batman's parents and Batman blows up Krypton.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like so much stuff is going on in this movie. Was hoping it would be more of a simple story, had no idea Wonderwoman was in this movie had to look up who that even was.

I do like that they are using some CGI on batman with the grappling hook. Always felt he was very slow and cumbersome in the previous films, hopefully the CGI can speed him up a little make him seem like more of a threat.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

@humanity said:

A lot of Zack Snyder hate in this thread. Did people really not like Watchman? Man of Steel was alright, not terrible but not great. I dunno I can't recall movies he has made that were absolutely terrible.

May I point you to a little gem called "Sucker Punch"?

To be fair I've only seen two of his movies (300 and Sucker Punch), but I didn't like either of them. I remain to be convinced that Zack Snyder won't find a way to make this movie bad.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FrostyRyan

@humanity said:

It's not exactly unusual to not like Zack Snyder. And yeah, the majority of people didn't like Watchmen I think.

That's two times he's adapted comics and disappointed tons of people. The negativity towards his inclusion here is definitely warranted. He's the sole reason I don't have faith in this movie. He makes movies that have incredible trailers. That's it.

EDIT: and Sucker Punch was definitely that one terrible movie.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks kind of cheesy as hell and over-dramatic. It's like a really well made fan-film. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But man, watching this confirms for me even more that I just really don't like comics and I'm more in the Nolan-realist-camp of superhero adaptions. I wasn't very impressed with Avengers either so this didn't surprise me. No "nerd-boners" for me. Maybe I'm just getting old....

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: @toastburner_b:

Watchman followed the comic very closely apart from modernizing the big twist and it managed to not only capture the main cast surprisingly well but evoke the mood from the graphic novel. No clue why anyone was disappointed by it as I thought it was an amazing movie and a really good adaptation. I was a fan of the graphic novel and it certainly lived up to it better than I could have imagined.

Sucker Punch gets a lot of flack but I went in knowing it was going to be a lot of special effects and not much else so I wasn't especially surprised. It wasn't a good movie but I have definitely seen way worse and a lot less entertaining. At least it was creative I'll give him that much. It certainly wasn't Green Hornet or Clash of the Titans bad.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally can not stand Jesse Eisenberg and always found him to be extremely smug and pretentious in every role hes played. So essentially, he's perfect for Luther.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have yet to see a good Zack Snyder movie. The trailer does not look great, but we will see.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Looks pretty good, definitely raises my hopes up for the movie. I think Wonder Woman looked great in this trailer (Even if it was only for a few seconds)

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

This trailer makes it look better, but I still have no faith in Zack Snyder. I will still see the movie in theatre, though, because I want to see Batman beat the living shit out of Superman.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is Luthor saying at the end of the trailer? It's important enough for him to repeat twice, but i'm hearing 'The red can plucka main.' I'm guessing this is incorrect.

Otherwise, the trailer looks OK. Grim and serious as fuck per the Snyder-verse, but I'll be seeing this, no doubt. I do like the destruction of Metropolis having some consequence, at least. And I'm hoping thr Batman origin stuff is very succinctly done. Nobody needs that to be rehashed again.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who has harshly mixed feelings on Man of Steel, this looks like it will be no different. Can't say I'm very excited.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: But how will I know how he became Batman? /sarcasm

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always said it, say what you want about Zack Snyder's films when it comes to pacing, tone, writing, whatever, but the one thing you have to give him is he can make them reeeal nice looking.

I personally like his movies (apart from Sucker Punch) and this one looks good too. Pretty excited about this.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This trailer makes me feel like I'd have a better time watching Batman & Robin than this movie. That last shot was really cool but the rest of it doesn't inspire confidence.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: As a pragmatic, I don't like it being rehashed either. Guy becomes batman overnight basically? C'mon man. Bruce Wayne been at it for nearly his whole life.

hylian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: I think Luthor is saying "The capes are coming. The red capes are coming." I'm not sure what the Paul Revere reference has to do the story though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is Luthor saying at the end of the trailer? It's important enough for him to repeat twice, but i'm hearing 'The red can plucka main.' I'm guessing this is incorrect.

The red capes are coming I believe. Not that it makes sense...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121 said:

The red capes are coming I believe. Not that it makes sense...

Reference to red coats

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Well, that trailer looked alright. But given DC and Zach Snyder's previous track record, I hope you'll excuse me if I reserve the right to be cynical until I see the movie in theaters like a sucker.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@stryker1121: As a pragmatic, I don't like it being rehashed either. Guy becomes batman overnight basically? C'mon man. Bruce Wayne been at it for nearly his whole life.

I thought the Batman in this has been at it for a while. "20 years in Gotham, how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?" as he looks at an old Robin suit that the Joker scrawled over with "HAHAHA Jokes on you BATMAN"

Seems like this Batman is real damn jaded. He expects Superman to eventually fall off as a hero, and when he does, he'd be capable of destroying all of humankind. I was never too big on Supes until the Justice League cartoon, but corny as it might be, having this end with Superman giving Batman some hope and them founding the Justice League based off of that would be pretty darn delightful.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks boring, has no soul to it, like every Snyder film.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Quarters

In thinking about it more, I think my main problem with looking at this, and thinking about Man of Steel, is that no one seems likeable. Everyone just seems miserable, and kind of an a-hole. Like in Man of Steel, where Pa Kent gives Clark TERRIBLE advice, especially like in the tornado scene. Just awful. I came away from it not caring about any of them. And now, they just seem like hyper-depressed versions of themselves. I get that they want to take it seriously and everything, but at least in the Nolan movies Batman/Bruce Wayne had some decent quips in there, or just some lighter moments that made him seem like at least a bit of an okay guy.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ravelle

@theht said:

That looks fucking awesome. Holy shit.

I re-watched Man of Steel a few days ago, and it's still definitely got some pacing issues, but it's not that bad. Especially knowing what the sequel's about, it feels more like a big 2-hour long prologue to Batman v Superman.

I really hope the Justice League stuff works out well. Wonder Woman looked alright here, but I gotta see more.

I liked Man of Steel quite a bit , sure it had a couple of problems but what hasn't? I get the feeling most people are a bit too critical when watching movies, letting some flaws overshadow the movie. I'm not one to point out all the flaws after seeing a movie to other people and I hate it when people do so, I rather discuss the parts that were good and exciting.

And yes, that trailer looked pretty amazing, I wonder (No pun intended) how they're going to introduce Wonderwoman in one movie with all the other things going on.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I thought the trailer looked great. I'm pretty happy with the fact that Bruce was there during that last battle in MoS, and that the over-the-top destruction has implications in this movie.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MezZa

So this is probably the first time I've been excited for this movie. The last trailer I saw didn't do anything for me at all, but this one seemed pretty cool. I like Jesse as Lex from what I've seen because it's different, but hell if I understand anything that he has to do with this movie. Watching this trailer didn't tell me anything about him other than he has some lines and kryptonite. Obviously he'll try to take down superman, probably batman, and be scheming the whole movie. But the cuts with him in this trailer just seemed so random and out of context. "The red capes are coming"? Sure, reference to red coats, clever...but what? I guess all they want us to know from this trailer is that he is a talker and seems pretty weaselly.

On the other hand this trailer sold me on this version of batman. If he ends up being pretty cool I wouldn't mind seeing some solo batman movies with him. Hope the overall movie holds up well. I didn't really mind the last superman. It was an enjoyable watch, but nothing spectacular. I'm okay with them going for a super dark and grim tone. I don't think they should challenge Marvel for the action/comedy style super hero movie platform at this point, so trying to do their own thing is best.