Batman vs Superman delayed to 2016

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Probably for the best to avoid competition from Avengers 2, Jurassic World and Fast and Furious 7 and to polish the script more since the brought the guy who wrote Argo to help with the script.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually thought they were rushing the movie I'm glad they've delayed it to hopefully get it right. This is DC trying to do what Marvel has done, so hopefully they pull it off.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was it originally scheduled to come out? Next year?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cmblasko: yea, originally was set to come out next year. super fast turnaround.

glad they pushed it back some more, they have to get this movie right.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I liked Man of Steel a whole lot, so I'm fine with them making this the best it can be. Though most of what I liked was the fact that it was a crazy alien invasion story.

Really curious which villain they would go with. Probably Braniac. I don't know how Batman would fit in vs. Darkseid or Doomsday or something. Maybe he can help fight a computer man.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I liked Man of Steel a whole lot, so I'm fine with them making this the best it can be. Though most of what I liked was the fact that it was a crazy alien invasion story.

Really curious which villain they would go with. Probably Braniac. I don't know how Batman would fit in vs. Darkseid or Doomsday or something. Maybe he can help fight a computer man.

I think it'll probably be Lex and some other villain thrown in. Can't imagine anyone from Batman's rogues gallery would be in it. Unless they shift it from Superman sequel involving other people to a full on World's Finest deal.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

@mercutio123: World's Finest crossed my mind, too.

Lex has to be in it, but if they try to go bigger than the first it'll include one of Superman's overpowered villains. In any case, I can at least say I'm interested how this turns out.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Hunter5024

Sounds good to me! They're not going to get a whole lot of shots at this, so they really have to get it right the first time. Glad to hear that it's for script purposes too. I did not care for Man of Steel, but I think Zack Snyder's a decent director when he's got a good script to work from.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. Rushing this kind of summer blockbuster was never a good idea. Get that script in order and you might just have a decent movie.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wish they would just lift the plot of The Dark Knight Returns verbatim, but that would require Superman to kinda do nothing for the first like 80% of the movie, so they're probably not going to do that.

I can't say I have high hopes for this movie.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ezekiel

They should make a Batman movie first. You know, establish both characters/actors so that this Batman doesn't seem like an outsider or extra with a thin background. Then again, I never liked the idea that Gotham is in the same universe as Metropolis.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EXTomar

The problem with Man of Steel was that what Jorel was doing was way way way more interesting than what Sups was doing. They also probably need a plot that is more interesting than "aliens (again!) invading (again?) trying to enslave the humans (again...)" so if they need to delay it to address these issue they should go for it.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@ezekiel said:

They should make a Batman movie first. You know, establish both characters/actors so that this Batman doesn't seem like an outsider or extra with a thin background. Then again, I never liked the idea that Gotham is in the same universe as Metropolis.

I think if they'd done a Batman movie first, then a Superman movie, then Batman vs. Superman, that would've worked fine. But if Warners is going to insist on doing an interconnected DC universe, I don't see how they can now make a standalone Batman movie that doesn't address the existence of Superman. They either need to keep the films separate as they've always done, or they need to do Batman/Superman next. Making a Batman movie between Man of Steel and Superman/Batman doesn't really work, in my opinion.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

Hmm, that's good to see. Hopefully it'll be better than Man of Steel. That movie was a mess.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Bollard
spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

phew, 2015 is CROWDED

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! oh, wait. i don't care. forgot for a second. sorry.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

it's for the best, that year was crowded, star wars and avengers 2.

Plus they need to focus.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CynicalBuzzard

I am glad that they are taking their time with this movie.