this game is awesome

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By stackboy

I would agree with you more if you spoke about it at length.

But yes, the game is amazing. Depending on how awesome your taste in music is.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MoistDinosaur said:
" this game is awesome "
Yes, yes it is. What sort of music are you using with it? :)
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Supermarius

I think this song works the best

MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MoistDinosaur
@Stackboy:@Ahmad_Metallic: 

I have been using a variety of music from my library.  Trying to avoid the techno/rave music since it has a continuous beat and that seems like cheating.  But with the art style it probably flows best with what the designers envisioned.  I have found some hip-hop/rap to work great and some rock to be excellent as well.  I love it when everything comes together and you find a song you love to listen to that works very well with the game.  A couple of Eagles of Death Metal songs did just that!  

When you have been alive for  a while and have your weapons upgraded pretty high it reminds me a lot of  Raiden Project.  The powerful magnetic weapon you could upgrade had this crazy beam and just looked awesome in that game, in Beat Hazard the same massive beam can occur its sweet.

Platform wise, the PC is easily better for many reasons ::  1) the xbox 360 controls are non-intuitive and border awful.  Using the thumbstick to move is great, but having to push the other in the direction you want to fire sucks.  They should have made it so you could use a trigger to fire and use the thumbstick just to aim.  2)  getting music on to the 360's hdd is a pain in the ass.  And you can't just import individual songs, you have to rip entire cds, even with the USB thumbstick hdd update.  

However, the file browsing system could use some work.  It doesn't support the mouse on the pc (wtf?) and when you go back a folder it takes you to the top of the list, so lets say you have a massive library and most probably do on this forum.  And you were in the Tool folder.  Now back out and you are back at the top with "A".  And have to scroll all the way back down it doesn't break the game by any means but its annoying, how hard is it to remember what letter you are on?  None of the menus support the mouse, its all keyboard driven, why?

Has anyone tried it on windows 7?  My friend got it for his computer and it crashes whenever he plays, can't even make it through a song.  I have XP SP3.

I really like how you have to build up the volume, I wish you didn't start with the volume being louder as you level.  I think its a great incentive to push your limits and go as long as you can without dying, because you want to hear the music you selected.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MoistDinosaur said:
"  However, the file browsing system could use some work.  It doesn't support the mouse on the pc (wtf?) and when you go back a folder it takes you to the top of the list, so lets say you have a massive library and most probably do on this forum.  And you were in the Tool folder.  Now back out and you are back at the top with "A".  And have to scroll all the way back down it doesn't break the game by any means but its annoying, how hard is it to remember what letter you are on?  None of the menus support the mouse, its all keyboard driven, why?"
I have a huge library, and all i gotta do it tap the first letter of the band name and it'll scroll right down to the band's folder. (When i've entered the band's folder, i tap the first letter of the SONG im trying to find) So no im 100% ok with the browsing screen.  

" Has anyone tried it on windows 7?  My friend got it for his computer and it crashes whenever he plays, can't even make it through a song.  I have XP SP3.  "
I'm playing it on Win7 and its works just fine.
"  However, the file browsing system could use some work.  It doesn't support the mouse on the pc (wtf?) and when you go back a folder it takes you to the top of the list, so lets say you have a massive library and most probably do on this forum.  And you were in the Tool folder.  Now back out and you are back at the top with "A".  And have to scroll all the way back down it doesn't break the game by any means but its annoying, how hard is it to remember what letter you are on?  None of the menus support the mouse, its all keyboard driven, why? Has anyone tried it on windows 7?  My friend got it for his computer and it crashes whenever he plays, can't even make it through a song.  I have XP SP3.  I really like how you have to build up the volume, I wish you didn't start with the volume being louder as you level.  I think its a great incentive to push your limits and go as long as you can without dying, because you want to hear the music you selected. "

" I think its a great incentive to push your limits and go as long as you can without dying, because you want to hear the music you selected. "
Hahaha yeah. sometimes if i die and the song still has a minute or two to go, i get fucking pissed :P 

I've tried some Nine Inch Nails because its the wildest electro music i know, and it went ok. But i prefer playing heavy metal (my favorite music). I've tried some Metallica, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Nile and Megadeth.. it was REALLY wild :D
MoistDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MoistDinosaur
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @MoistDinosaur said:
"  However, the file browsing system could use some work.  It doesn't support the mouse on the pc (wtf?) and when you go back a folder it takes you to the top of the list, so lets say you have a massive library and most probably do on this forum.  And you were in the Tool folder.  Now back out and you are back at the top with "A".  And have to scroll all the way back down it doesn't break the game by any means but its annoying, how hard is it to remember what letter you are on?  None of the menus support the mouse, its all keyboard driven, why?"
I have a huge library, and all i gotta do it tap the first letter of the band name and it'll scroll right down to the band's folder. (When i've entered the band's folder, i tap the first letter of the SONG im trying to find) So no im 100% ok with the browsing screen.  

good to know, I didn't know you could skip by pressing a letter on the keyboard, thanks!