s

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

Welp, dude, I'm not sure what to say aside from "That sucks". Honestly, I'm sure you're used to it now and everything, but I can't imagine having to live like that, I have a lot of respect for you for toughing out life without feeling sorry for yourself. As for the nude beach idea, it certainly couldn't hurt.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By emkeighcameron

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Yeah man, I don't know if this is the best spot for this.  I'm not saying it in a "I don't want to read this garbage!" sort of way, but rather a, "I'm giving you a high-five bro, but I ain't no therapist!"  For real, if talking about this makes you feel better, you should totally do it.  The only problem is that doing it here on a video game forum can only help you so much.  I don't know what you are going through, and like I said, all I can really do is listen and give you a high-five through the internet.  

Please, I'm not trying to be bossy or mean here, but maybe you should join a support group online somewhere?  I mean, the internet is huge.  If a video of two 30+ year old men playing Persona 4 can find an audience, I'm sure there are people out there just waiting to listen and share their similar experiences with you.   
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

Something is not right about this story ....
Fugugu36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fugugu36

You sir are a man among men, before I was born they told my mother that I was going to have Spina Bifida and that I would be in a wheel chair the rest of my life, I was lucky that it was just a mistake on their part. As for the nude beach it sounds very difficult.  I'm 20 and have yet to be completely nude in front of anyone, the thought of it scares me, but if you feel like it could be fun experience or just an experience, I say go for it.  You'll probably never meet these people again anyway, so don't worry about it I guess.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Black_Raven

I say go to the nude beach, I don't have any disabilities so I can't really image what you have to endure, but all you can really do is make the most of what you've got.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mmmslash

I have the utmost respect for you, and would be more than happy to sit on the couch beside you and playing some video games, shit-smelling diapers or not.

Also, drink some beer, and pour some out for our homies, yo'.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By YoThatLimp
@Fugugu36 said:
" You sir are a man among men, before I was born they told my mother that I was going to have Spina Bifida and that I would be in a wheel chair the rest of my life, I was lucky that it was just a mistake on their part. As for the nude beach it sounds very difficult.  I'm 20 and have yet to be completely nude in front of anyone, the thought of it scares me, but if you feel like it could be fun experience or just an experience, I say go for it.  You'll probably never meet these people again anyway, so don't worry about it I guess. "
When are you creating your thread about this disability?
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, I really don't know what to say, I was going to post something like "that sucks" or "that's rough" but that makes it sound rather more like you've had to deal with a parking ticket than a major disability. I guess I just hope things get better for you and if there's any way you can make yourself feel more confident about yourself I say go for it.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Scooper

Nude beaches ain't all that. My brother told me to "look over that wall" once when I was a kid down at the beach (no sand just a mass of pebbles) and when I looked over it was just 2 wrinkly old men walking around wearing backpacks. Besides, if you've got 3 ass cheeks and require a diaper no one will want to see that. But if it makes you feel better then go for it.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By shirogane

Sounds a lot like me, cept much worse. 
I have...grr...let me just google this so i spell it right,  
ankylosing spondylitis. Not gonna bother explaining it, cause i don't know myself properly, you can wiki or google if you want. 
But yeah, apart from limited body movement, i'm fairly normal. So like you, i fit into the cripple, but not crippled. 

I'm not understanding how the nude beach, or showing your body to someone would help...but if you feel it would, go for it.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13  Edited By Geno

When I read "nude beach", I came in here for pics. I leave disappointed :(

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Black_Raven said:
" I say go to the nude beach, I don't have any disabilities so I can't really image what you have to endure, but all you can really do is make the most of what you've got. "
This.
Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Jambones
@Mmmslash said:
" I have the utmost respect for you, and would be more than happy to sit on the couch beside you and playing some video games, shit-smelling diapers or not.  Also, drink some beer, and pour some out for our homies, yo'. "
Giant Bomb is all about video games and community. You don't seem like a trolling douche bag, so you're welcome around these parts any day of the week, Daran. ;-) Sorry to hear about your physical problems, but also about your rough time in school though. People, as a general rule, are dicks. People have acted like my autistic son is some kind of freak when we've been out at the store or something; it makes me sick.
    Do you have any clue why you're down on gaming? Is it just burn out because of having no friends or something? I am sure if you posted in forums about your favorite games, you could find some rad dudes to play with and start enjoying it again. SFIV is heavily active, amongst others.
    Not sure I'd go to the nude beach though, but that's entirely my opinion as a very private person. But hey, if you have an exhibitionist steak in you, ... lol 

Sorry if this is jumbled, I've been on a string of late nights :|
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DCFGS3

Well if nude beaches make you feel good, then go for it dude. Personally, and really this is just what I think I'd do if I was in your situation from an un-disabled (enabled?) perspective, I would try and continue your education. It seems, and again this is just from reading your blog, that the reason you quit schooling was simply dissatisfaction with the general bullshit of schooling, and how basically 90% of the stuff they drum home to your head is useless (more so in your case). Perhaps read some of the more classical literature, and see if you have an interest in that, learn a language etc. Essentially become a scholar. But hey, that's what I'd do personally.

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hats

I know a good support group http://www.4chan.org/ i think they could help

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hatking

I just want you to know I read your story and I wish you the best.  I would offer some advice but honestly I don't think I have much to give, sorry, although I don't think you expect it anyway.  Still I think, if it'll make you feel better, you should try the nude beach thing.  I'm pretty sure those places are more mature than simply idiots looking to see naked girls.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By TheHT

Yeah dude, do it up. No harm in trying it right?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust

Don't bother with a nude beach.  There are too many people who should be wearing clothes there.  Stick to strip clubs if you really feel the need to see a live naked woman.  As for the loss of feeling in your genitals, you're going to have to accept that.  I'm not saying it will ever get any better or at anytime be easier.  The truth of the matter is most of the time it will eat away at you for the rest of your life.  However, having distractions helps and a good imagination as well.  They say 90% of what's erotic occurs in the brain.  I doubt that's true but sometimes life provides few other options.  I'm more concerned with your claim that you have no one to talk with.  It's important to have friends at every stage in life.  You're young and should try to meet others.  I'm sorry that you've encountered harsh people in the past, but in reality most folks are not that way.  If you talk to them and express yourself in an open manner, quickly people will treat you as well as any able-bodied person.  Being more positive goes a long way towards placing people at ease.  As for other disabled people being boring, well I think the same could be said of anyone regardless of health.  People are people, and it's up to you to find a commonality if you want to have any sort of human relationship with others.  Is it worth the effort?  To a degree, yes.  The world can be a lonely place otherwise. Good luck.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By chililili

Yeah I think the most important thing you can have is friends. At least in an MMO or something. No man is an island and from the sound of things you don't even have a large extended family to fall back on. At your age you should be in college try joining a club or something. Really there are people willing to accept you how you are and it is important for yourself to get people you can depend on.  I wish you luck and hopefully the remainder of your physical problems can be fixed through medical procedures at some point in the future.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zajtalan

hmm your life story saddens me but i hope for you the best

link_dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By link_dc

I really feel for you! But I don't think you should do the whole nude beach thing. If it helps at all, I have relatives that essentially have to wear diapers, and they are eff'in great. I visit them any time I get the chance. So there is at least one thing that isn't blocking you from having meaningful relationships. And when you look at it as a whole, which you say is, not being able to feel your wang, having to wear diapers, and limping; non of my favorite things would be rendered unaccomplishable by those! Maybe going for walks would be a little more difficult, but that's about it. And I only have 1 more friend than you! You should put a real effort into looking for something you're interested in, something you will enjoy putting your time into. Just remember that you aren't limited intellectually. There are so many things you can learn, enjoy, and use your knowledge and understanding in such things to create things! Have you tried programming before? That's where i spend a lot of my time. Or maybe you enjoy art. You could practice some form of digital art, and maybe even draw sprite sheets for some independent game. Maybe even eventually make some money at it! GOOD LORD MAN THINK OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE!

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwelveFootFour

did the girl at least hook it up? is so pics or it didn't happen LoL
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Dalai

Someday when doctors can cure your problems, you can laugh at all of us in 60 years when we're all wearing diapers.

link_dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By link_dc
@Dalai: By then diapers will no more be just normal diapers. There will be space diapers, and anyone that is not wearing one will be called space names like "jive space-turkey", "jive turkey space", and "space-turkey jive" etcetera.
RoujinX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RoujinX

Honestly, do it. Any amount of fear or anxiety you would feel about being naked in front of a group of strangers will probably end up being the most 'normal' part of the experience. If it doesn't work out and they toss you in the ocean...well fuck them.  

BUT... 

You may also go through what a lot of 'normal' people experience at a nude beach; that casting aside their greatest inhibition was the single most empowering moment of their lives.  

What doesn't kill us makes us stranger.
TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwelveFootFour

You should think about going to a nude resort. at this one a dude didnt even have a dick to feel...hmm I wonder if he could still feel it like how you can sometimes feel your foot or leg even though it got cut off.
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nanikore
@Hats said:
" I know a good support group http://www.4chan.org/ i think they could help "
The /b/ section there has helped get through a lot of difficult times in my life.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Coombs

hell of a story, I am a little skeptical as this is your first post,
But I can see where your coming from (to a degree)
My uncle (two years older than me) has muscular dystrophy, We grew up together, Smoked our first cigarettes together, Had our first beer together, hell we even lived together for a while.  He's in the "disabled" disabled category, Been in a wheelchair almost 1/2 his life now, Had a steel rod in his spine for about 10 years.  But he has the same kind of attitude that you do, I don't really know how you feel or where your coming from so all I can really say is do what feels right.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By Tireyo
@turbomonkey138 said:
"
"
Ditto.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Drebin_893

Utmost respect to you, sir. I hope everything works out well for you.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Daran: If it means anything to you, I read what you wrote there and god damn that sucks i feel really bad for you and it sucks that no one has been there for you in terms of friends. I really hope you find some people here on giantbomb or something. 

At the same time I feel bad for you...im happy for you...in a weird way, just that you don't let any of this thing bothering you is amazing! I know alot of people would just give up, but you don't and that's amazing. i really do wish you the best and hope you start to get better or something.. 

:D
Brockly46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brockly46
@Daran said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
"

"
If you were implying I was making it up, I have no problems proving it. But doing so isn't something I'd post here. Feel free to add my email Darangen45@hotmail.com if you really care. *shrug* "
what makes you think he wont turn around and post it here?
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SSValis

This may sound cheesy as hell, but people like you inspire me.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Claude

I feel for you dude. My Wife at 39 years of age had a disk blow in her back, she became paralyzed from the waste down. The doctors did emergency surgery to put her back together again, but some things didn't work out if you know what I mean. That was 7 years ago, some paralysis still exists. She has Lupus too, so that complicates matters as well. Stay strong and live the life you have as best you can. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37  Edited By natetodamax

Contrary to popular belief, Giant Bomb isn't the best place to tell us your life story.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By Claude
@natetodamax said:
"Contrary to popular belief, Giant Bomb isn't the best place to tell us your life story. "

I tell mine every chance I get. It's not such a bad thing.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Nooooooooo!!!! Not loss of feeling in the penis. That is awfull. I mean I guess you could get a girl to gently lick or nibble on your ear. Personally, that's my second favorite body part for a girl to put in her mouth, but I don't know if you'd be into that. It may not be a universal turn on. But as far as what you should do, I think you should be as close to a supervillain as you can. People are going to think I'm kidding around, but I'm dead fucking serious. Burn down buildings, blow up cop cars, pour gasoline down the hallway of a fully booked five star hotel and light a match. Kidnap girls and indulge your sickest fantasies, before dissolving them in a vat of acid and pouring them down a storm drain. Just go nuts. Become a wave of death and destruction that washes over the world (or at least your city) and makes everyone feel as miserable and hopeless as you. I mean that's what I'd do if I were in your position. Or if you like writing stories maybe you could be an author or something.