Best job/recruiting sites? (Canada)

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Hey all,

I am currently in a job I'm lukewarm about, and have finally settled 100% on what I want to be doing. I interested in which sites you'd recommend for finding the right employers (or employees/teams, if an independent project is to happen).

I have used LinkedIn and Indeed with minimal success. Would love your thoughts!

Thanks <3

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I did get a job using this site. https://regionalhelpwanted.com/ obviously your region may vary. There was monster.ca and Workopolis.com. However your city/region may have specific job board listings local to the area. Or if you know of the industry you want to get it a good place is look up companies in that industry and check for listings on their website.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

indeed.ca remains my go-to site. The interface is unobtrusive and it makes it really easy to apply to jobs. That said, you're better off using a combination of sites, including Workopolis, Monster, and LinkedIn.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Out of professional curiosity, what industry are you interested in? If you're a software developer in the Greater Toronto Area, hit me up!

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bassman2112

@pkmnfrk said:

Out of professional curiosity, what industry are you interested in? If you're a software developer in the Greater Toronto Area, hit me up!

Haha, close! Software Developer in the Alberta (Calgary) area!! Thanks for the check-in, though!!

As for the other replies, thanks a lot! Some of these I have checked a little bit, others are ones I totally forgot about or didn't know existed. I will certainly read through them =)

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pkmnfrk

Darn!

In that case, some useful advice: I got my current job with Stack Overflow Jobs (it was called Careers back then). Maybe you'll find something useful1

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkmnfrk said:

Darn!

In that case, some useful advice: I got my current job with Stack Overflow Jobs (it was called Careers back then). Maybe you'll find something useful1

Ooooo I never even knew Stack Overflow had that! I love that site, thank you!!!