Best midnight food

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Guys, I work a job where I have to wake up and be active around the time frame 12am - 8am and so places around me(I live in SoCal) are usually closed unless its a Taco Bell or something but beside that, What would you guys recommend for some night time snacks or food in general?

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By geardo

@moderp: Meal prep is the only real long term answer OP.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot dogs.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TuxedoCruise

Are you looking for fast food or something you can make yourself? I've found Jack in the Box's stoner menu Late Night Munchie Meals somewhat appetizing, when all I need is to get food inside me as fast as possible.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

A cheese sandwich or Greek Yogurt for me.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By forteexe21

For me, any hot snacks are good. Pizza, sandwiches, etc.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pizza. If you're trying not to destroy your body, maybe cook normal meals for yourself? When I worked mids I ate a lot of left overs, pizza, sandwiches, random 7-11 trips because it was close.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taco Bell is the only/worst answer.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Taco Bell has come back into my life in the last 12 months. I enjoy this trash again. It is the only answer.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@moderp said:

Hey Guys, I work a job where I have to wake up and be active around the time frame 12am - 8am and so places around me(I live in SoCal) are usually closed unless its a Taco Bell

You answered your own question. Live Mas.

ShadowAUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShadowAUS

Coming from a place that doesn't have Taco Bell and the only thing open at 12am is McDonald's or Service Stations, I just usually keep frozen sausage rolls in my freezer, chuck a couple in a microwave for 3 mins and you're good to go until 5am. Or I just get McDonald's, there's worse food at midnight.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowaus: Do you have anything remotely close to Taco Bell in AUS? If not, why? WHY!?

DudleyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this applies to where you live, but 24hr Pho places do exist. If you are a fan of Pho (or Vietnamese food in general), then that's the perfect midnight food in my book. I'm blessed to have a 24hr Vietnamese spot near me lol.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Coming from a place that doesn't have Taco Bell and the only thing open at 12am is McDonald's or Service Stations, I just usually keep frozen sausage rolls in my freezer, chuck a couple in a microwave for 3 mins and you're good to go until 5am. Or I just get McDonald's, there's worse food at midnight.

Yeah, Netherlands here, we don't have a million different chains, just subway, McDonalds and Burger King.

ShadowAUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowAUS
@ciscoidiot said:

@shadowaus: Do you have anything remotely close to Taco Bell in AUS? If not, why? WHY!?

They've tried breaking into our market once before and failed miserably, they're apparently trying again in Brisbane this year. As for do we have a Mexican fast food chain? Yes and No, we actually have 2 Mexican chains, Zambrero and Guzman y Gomez but they're not at all how I envision a Taco Bell is, also they're stupid expensive.

Our major chains are Macca's (McDonalds), KFC (Quite a bit different to the US KFC and significantly better), Hungry Jacks (Re branded Burger King), Subway and Red Rooster as well as the usual Pizza chains. The only one that is open 24/h is Macca's at least where I live, we don't really do 24/h anything in Australia whether it's food or shopping it's pretty different to the US.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like pizza and taco bell, as much as I love them, are not cohesive to getting through 8 hours of the day. If I were you I would be light snacking through out the day on things like granola bars or trail mix.

HerrHeimlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pho. There's always Pho restaurant open.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

You just have to pack yourself a duffle bag full of salami; put a little bit of salsa and ranch on top of it, then top it off with cheese and one cracker.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowaus: Interesting. Sorry to hear you can't enjoy these silly Doritos tacos.

Also, why doesn't this forum have a Taco Bell appreciation thread? I know what I'm doing today...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Taco Bell is fucking terrible. I even thought that when I was eating a lot of fast food and pizza.

Are you at your job between 12AM and 8AM? If so, take a salad or a sandwich for lunch. Cook food for yourself and take it with you, you can even cook some chicken or some other meats over your weekend and freeze it. It's cheaper, better, and better for you.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bybeach

As said, make lunches. Not as healthy as @justin258 suggestions, but get some French or Italian bread, deli meat, or better yet say turkey, chicken, or roast beef already freshly cooked, and of course cheeses, and make poor boy sandwiches. Buy individual packs of good(perhaps baked) potato chips to throw in. An apple or orange won't hurt. Buy family size at a sub shop and divvy up for work. Buy KFC ,divvy up and eat cold. That's the low road if you don't have time to cook.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Sandwich

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand the question... You already have the best of the best. Just keep eating Taco Bell.

Boniti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Boniti

Taco Bell for sure, also can go for like easily made meals like mac and cheese or bowl o' rice if you aren't going out.

n00btoucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunnid piece nuggets, McDonalds.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm partial to a good turkey sandwich on white or wheat.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

everyone here telling me to fall into temptations with the Taco Bell Conveyor belt but honestly, I make min wage right now (12.50 USD) and so I cannot afford that. Someone did reccomend meal prepping which is something I have sort of pushed away my entire life but wouldn't mind a switch right now... Best sandwich recipes?

HerrHeimlich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you heard of the glory that is banh mi sandwiches?

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moderp: PB&J is solid. Everything falls on preference. Sandwiches and a few side snacks are damn satisfying and fairly inexpensive?

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this week I've gone through two little parmesan wedges just by grating it, and turning them into crisps in the oven. It's easy and delicious.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Chicagoland area, every Burrito place is open 24/7. 3am? Want breakfast food? Burrito place has you covered. Want tacos? Covered. A million times better than Taco Bell and probably cheaper. (Just went to Taco Bell for lunch... when the heck did Taco Bell start costing $8?)

But best answer is make your own stuff. You can make a large batch of chili, portion it out, and freeze the containers. Same with pasta sauce. That can be the bulk of your meals.

For a Tuesday/Thursday break, hammer out a chicken breast, dredge through seasoned flour, then dredge through beaten and seasoned egg, then dredge through panko bread crumbs. Pan fry 3 minutes each side. Serve with steamed rice and some greens.

You can also get a Costco roasted chicken for $5. That can be split into 4 portions. Cook egg noodles, add butter and italian seasoning on the side.

Grill a chicken breast and cut into slices. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Add cooked spaghetti to that.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like convenience store nachos with the scalding hot orange/yellow queso. The secret is not to put the queso-sauce on the chips, but rather put a pint of sauce in a large coffee cup for dipping.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Lately I've been enjoying half a beef sandwich and half a can of veggie soup for dippin'. Like a mini Christmas dinner.

Other sandwich faves:

Turkey, lettuce, tomato and mayo. A TLT if you will.

A fried egg and ham, with black pepper.

Leftover chicken with sage and onion is a cheap and tasty filling also.

Misc:

Chocolate cereal at midnight is a dream.

Flask of cocoa and a bag o' pretzels.

Nutella on toast (can also dip pretzels in the nutella...)

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

Why not just... make food? Scramble some eggs, fry some meat, through that and your selection of other toppings into a tortilla, and you have a delicious breakfast burrito. Hot dogs and burgers depending on your cooking surfaces are good, salads I guess if you're into that kind of thing...

Actual answer is fried chicken. Italian seasoning breading applied via whisked eggs, salted well after cooking. No sauce needed but Chef Sauce is pretty great alongside. That has been my favorite midnight snack for a long time.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love anything to be in the chocolate. Never met a chocolate I did not like.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything with a lot of tryptophan!

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're gonna do taco bell, I find quesaritos heat up quite well.

I'm a fan of changing up salads (proteins and dressings). I also really love wraps. Chipotle chicken salad is probably my favorite that I make for lunches. But endless combinations, doesn't need reheated, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had one job where I worked the night shift and the only thing that was open within walking distance at 2am was Subway, I didn't really enjoy it but, they have pretty good deals, idk if its common for Subways to be open 24/7 though.

Now if I eat anything at midnight it's usually the popcorn you get at the grocery store with the cheese dust on it, I love that stuff.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#42 billmcneal  Online

7-11 burritos

Dukenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doner kebab, especially in a wrap form.

Or toasties.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Tom_omb

I used to work night shifts too. I'd just bring a muffin or a homemade sandwich for lunch with a fruit. Buying food before my shift seems like a chore and a huge expense. For a while I tried staying up late on my days off to even out my sleeping schedules and had a 1am bowl of cereal.

But if we're talking about grabbing late night snacks with friends before watching a movie 7-11 is the place. 1L chocolate milk, Jones soda, those cream filled donuts that fill me with regret and make me sick, caramel popcorn, chocolate pretzels, big cookies, bags of candy, coffee crisp, kit-kat, reese's cups, Slurpees....

Safeway was also good for grabbing snacks, but they close at 11 now in my area, instead of midnight.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mcdonalds dollar menu burgers/sandwiches