best movie from games

cspay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

just going straight away,, what the best movie from games? need some recomendation

inevpatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

seshdeadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clue

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal Kombat is just a good time.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nutter  Online

I’m in the minority here, I bet, but I thought Silent Hill was kinda cool until the whole ending debacle...

Also, Resident Evil 1 and 3 are okay.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably MK 1, although that is a hallmark of the franchise more than the movie itself.

The nature of those movies requires some level of sincerity of the silliness of their premises, but some artistic competency is still required. While some franchises like Resident Evil or Street Fighter would take issue with their lore not being "taken seriously enough", Mortal Kombat completely embraces the cheesy side while being a pretty competent martial arts movie.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

And this isn't qualifying it as a good movie, but the first Resident Evil movie isn't terrible. It's not a great adaptation of the game but as a monster mash horror lite flick it's passible. which only goes to say how terrible most movies based on games are.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy most of them, the decently budgeted ones anyway, there's quite a few low budget messes that i haven't and won't watch, but for now i will pick the first Hitman movie.

Eat your sandwich
Eat your sandwich

But i'm going to exploit the question a bit, "from games", if it doesn't have to be directly based on an ip the answer is always Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

No Caption Provided

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Anything by Uwe Boll.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11 nutter  Online

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale was pretty great when I was super sick and doped up. Just the casting and things they make these people do was enough to keep me interested.

Just watch TANG on this web site for some good suggestions.

I’ve heard Dead or Alive is actually a good kind of bad from...an old Bombcast, maybe? Maybe TANG, itself?

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clue and Mortal Kombat are the only contenders.

spacejames985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters, some Power Rangers movies, other pretty much suck. Much like every Hollywood movies remake from novels, comics, video games, tv shows and the likes.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

It's not good... Most definitely not good, but I highly recommend Serenity(2019)

Savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Savutano

@nutter: I can back you up on that.

I have a soft spot for Resi2 because the girl that plays Jill looked like my hs friend at the time (but won't add it in). I would add the WoW movie to the list though, watched it recently for the first time, and it's pretty darn good. And obviously Mortal Kombat. If I think of anything else, I'll add it later.

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy & Prince of Persia.

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not based on a game, but video game related... The Last Starfighter.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@shiftygism: I always though that someone needed to make an arcade game based on that movie. With today's technology a game like that could be easily done for arcades. In fact with today's tech they could DOWN GRADE the graphics that would be possible to make a more ' glossy flat shaded' look and have alive action cut scenes that were suitable "retro".

Who knows, they say a Last Star Fighter 2 is now in pre-production, so interest in making a game could be strong.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen way too many of them and the only ones I did not hate was Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Warcraft and the newest Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter said:

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale was pretty great when I was super sick and doped up. Just the casting and things they make these people do was enough to keep me interested.

Just watch TANG on this web site for some good suggestions.

I’ve heard Dead or Alive is actually a good kind of bad from...an old Bombcast, maybe? Maybe TANG, itself?

I really like that DOA movie, there's scantily clad women obviously but beyond that it's a silly little adventure with some stylish fight scenes, the actresses really get into it.
Also someone mentioned the Prince of Persia film which i have to recommend, it's actually just a good film.

Forrester90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No one's said Mario Bros. yet?! The father of all video game movies itself is hilariously weird!

Slightly more seriously; Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, and Tomb Raider.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember the Japanese only Ace Attorney movie being pretty alright.