Blur vs Split/Second

newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By newnab

Rewind to a few months ago, and I would have answered this question for you in an instant: 
"Split/Second! It's made by Black Rock and therefore is the winner!" or something to that effect.

However, as we draw close to release, the line has been a little blurred. Pun not intended.

Blur came out fighting with a multiplayer beta than frankly, rocks. It's wicked fun to fly into someone on a corner, unleash a barge and then boost away. 20 player online is also quite an achievement and I think it's managed to create a frantic experience that Split/Second simply wont be able to match unless the explosions happen every couple of seconds. This remains to be seen, but I do believe Blur might have stolen Split/Seconds thunder by being amazing.

It may truly be the Mario Kart for grown ups that some of us have always wanted.. And that many more of us never knew we wanted but now we've played it can't think of living without it., Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By newnab

Rewind to a few months ago, and I would have answered this question for you in an instant: 
"Split/Second! It's made by Black Rock and therefore is the winner!" or something to that effect.

However, as we draw close to release, the line has been a little blurred. Pun not intended.

Blur came out fighting with a multiplayer beta than frankly, rocks. It's wicked fun to fly into someone on a corner, unleash a barge and then boost away. 20 player online is also quite an achievement and I think it's managed to create a frantic experience that Split/Second simply wont be able to match unless the explosions happen every couple of seconds. This remains to be seen, but I do believe Blur might have stolen Split/Seconds thunder by being amazing.

It may truly be the Mario Kart for grown ups that some of us have always wanted.. And that many more of us never knew we wanted but now we've played it can't think of living without it., Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Organicalistic_

blurp.. pargdon me, i've gotta split

ItsMeJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ItsMeJB

Any new insights as to which of these two racers is better. My understanding is that Split/Second is more innovative in concept, but that blur is simply more fun to play, particularly in terms of replay value. Anyone played both?

OldChili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OldChili

Avatar image for achievementplayer
achievementplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers