Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Worthy

Terrorist attack has come to Norway as well now:
http://media.aftenposten.no/archive/01514/_SCC-AIPub_G-Titte_1514824x.jpg
http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/eksplosjon-i-oslo-sentrum-3544362.html

It had to happen, :( this is just awful.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tebbit

Yikes! That looks pretty awful :(

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

are they sure it was terrorists?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger
@Laketown said:

Anybody who blows up a government building is a terrorist. If you're asking whether it's al-Qaeda or another terrorist Islamist group, that's a different question.  

EDIT: Do not respond to this unless you've read the rest of the thread.
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Worthy

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/174/174138/17413824/jpg/active/978x_13197743.jpg
Another picture.
The police said it was a bomb at least, and its linked it to terrorism as they have said that they would do this unless we (Norway) took our military troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq.
New report say that another bomb has gone of as well now.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By oysteinBrenne
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By EvilTwin

I hope all of our Norwegian friends are safe.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By penguindust

I read on Reuters that according to Al-Jazeera TV "Norwegian prosecutors on Tuesday filed a terrorism charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam. Mullah Krekar is accused of threatening a former minister, Erna Solberg, with death."  So, that might be a reason for this bombing.  It's all speculation right now, of course.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Vinny_Says

welcome to the club I guess, this is terrible news.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oysteinBrenne
@PenguinDust said:
I read on Reuters that according to Al-Jazeera TV "Norwegian prosecutors on Tuesday filed a terrorism charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam. Mullah Krekar is accused of threatening a former minister, Erna Solberg, with death."  So, that might be a reason for this bombing.  It's all speculation right now, of course.
Yeah maby that would make sense 
oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oysteinBrenne

Here are some New Pictures 

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Wow, those pictures look awful. Hope that will be the only attack and not more.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MoonlightMoth

This is horribly sad news, my heart goes out to all our Norwegian brothers and sisters.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CptBedlam

Crap, hopefully the number of casualties is not tragically high.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oysteinBrenne

New Vidieo  

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By niall_sg1

I'm doubting this is a terrorist attack, hopefully. I heard it's a national holiday in Norway today so the area where the attack took place was pretty empty, which seems counter intuitive for terrorists. It might have been some construction work.. Hopefully not many are injured. 

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Worthy
@Niall_Sg1 said:
I'm doubting this is a terrorist attack, hopefully. I heard it's a national holiday in Norway today so the area where the attack took place was pretty empty, which seems counter intuitive for terrorists. It might have been some construction work.. Hopefully not many are injured. 
Its not a national holiday in Norway today. Just a regular day.
Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Klei
@Niall_Sg1 said:
You mean, hopefully NO ONE are injured? You speak as if it was all chill and cool. A fucking bomb exploded, dude. People's lives are at stake here. Anyone who puts a bomb in a building and detonates it is a terrorist, no matter their nationality.
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Worthy

One person confirmed dead now.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Simplexity

Seems ridiculous to attack Norway, there is like nothing of note here, it's like detonating a bomb in the middle of a desert. Baffling, Hope everyone made it out okay.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oysteinBrenne
@Niall_Sg1 said:

From the  guardian
The explosion at around 3.30pm (2.30pm BST) blew out most windows on the 17-storey building housing prime minister Per Stoltenberg's office, as well as nearby ministries including the oil ministry, which was on fire.

Seems to be the perfect place to bomb 
D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By D0tti
@FireBurger said:
@Laketown said:

Anybody who blows up a government building is a terrorist. Whether it's al-Qaeda or another Islamist group is a different question.
Why must it be a Islamist group though? Could be just some foreigner here in Norway.

I was like 20min away when this happened, felt my brothers apartment shake like shit when it happened, first I actually thought it maybe was a earthquake or something even though it doesn't really make sense that it would be a earthquake. But yeah and I just came home yesterday from a 1months vacation :P.
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Worthy
@D0tti said:
@FireBurger said:
@Laketown said:

Anybody who blows up a government building is a terrorist. Whether it's al-Qaeda or another Islamist group is a different question.
Why must it be a Islamist group though? Could be just some foreigner here in Norway.  I was like 20min away when this happened, felt my brothers apartment shake like shit when it happened, first I actually thought it maybe was a earthquake or something even though it doesn't really make sense that it would be a earthquake. But yeah and I just came home yesterday from a 1months vacation :P.
Glad to hear that you are okay!
niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By niall_sg1
@Klei: Of course, but I'd already read that people were injured.  

Also seems like it was a terrorist attack, most likely in response to  Norwegian prosecutors filing a terrorist charge against Mullah Krekar, founder of a Kurdish Islamist group. 
D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By D0tti
@Worthy: Thanks, me and my brother were planning going out too eat also, I guess we were lucky that I wasn't hungry.

Edit: Also my girlfriend asked me earlier today if I could go down town so I can send her money, but I was too lazy, my laziness "helped" me for once.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Animasta

@oysteinBrenne: oh come now, there are plenty of muslims that aren't terrorists, don't be racist

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Worthy
@D0tti said:
@Worthy: Thanks, me and my brother were planning going out too eat also, I guess we were lucky that I wasn't hungry.  Edit: Also my girlfriend asked me earlier today if I could go down town so I can send her money, but I was too lazy, my laziness "helped" me for once.
Talk about being lucky, I am glad that I decided not to track back and buy that case I was thinking about.
VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VIGGO123

This is sick, I was 10/15 minutes away when it happened. I ran down there and the destruction was total, glass and debris everywhere. So far only one person has been confirmed killed, but i can't imagine anyone close to the blast surviving. I bet this is because of that fucking Mulla Krekar!

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By D0tti
@Worthy: Wow yeah, glad to hear your safe and well also. My brother's watching an online feed from NRK right now, they're showing live pictures from the scene, looks pretty terrible, just showed a bloody body right by the building.
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Worthy
@VIGGO123 said:

This is sick, I was 10/15 minutes away when it happened. I ran down there and the destruction was total, glass and debris everywhere. So far only one person has been confirmed killed, but i can't imagine anyone close to the blast surviving. I bet this is because of that fucking Mulla Krekar!

Glad to hear that you are okay as well!
mordi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordi

It was definitely terrorist (as in; someone did it on purpose), but no one knows who or why yet. Of course, prejudiced people are making blind assumptions...

Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vg.no says that there are more people confirmed dead, just been downtown myself.......fuck

Im a norwegian myself and this is insane

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By D0tti
@VIGGO123 said:

Glad to hear you're okay man. You watching the online feed on NRK.no ? They're showing pretty much everything there.
Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Julmust

I'm torn up about all this. My heart goes out to my nordic brothers in the west.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By FireBurger
@D0tti said:
@FireBurger said:
@Laketown said:

Why must it be a Islamist group though? Could be just some foreigner here in Norway.  I was like 20min away when this happened, felt my brothers apartment shake like shit when it happened, first I actually thought it maybe was a earthquake or something even though it doesn't really make sense that it would be a earthquake. But yeah and I just came home yesterday from a 1months vacation :P.
I wasn't saying they were Islamist. I was assuming that was what Laketown was implying, since anybody who puts a bomb in a government building is a clearly a terrorist.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Your Prime Minister really works in that building in an office?

That seems appropriately humble for a public office. Much better than the lavish mansions and such that American politics are done from.

Sorry to go off topic. I was just impressed that your government works in a normal building.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By D0tti
@FireBurger: Terrorist off course, but not necessarily a Islamist group. Just hate people who thinks that most Muslims are like this(not saying you implied or said that), cause these "Islamist" groups are just crazy extremists that believe in some stupid religious stuff that ONE guy says to justify there actions.
niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VIGGO123

@D0tti: Yeah, I'm ok, pretty shaken up though, wouldn't believe something like this could happen in Oslo. Watching the live broadcast on television, the images are terrifying.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By D0tti
@VIGGO123: Yeah I know, it's really surreal that something like this could happen in Oslo, but "experts" on the news say that Norway is actually an pretty "easy" target for terrorists, since well, not many people in Norway would expect this.
Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Worthy

Indeed we are a easy target. Our borders are way too easy to cross even if you dont have any papers. Its really sad. I am angry, sad. Its the most dramatic day in Norway since WW2.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By PerryVandell

My heart and thoughts go out to those who have suffered from this horrible tragedy. Hopefully casualties are kept to a minimum.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By oysteinBrenne

police just confirmed it was a bomb

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gizmo

What the fuck are Norwegians doing in the Middle East?

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 49th

That's terrible news. I hope they catch the bastards and that they haven't caused too many casualties.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Nekroskop

This is so fucked up...

2 confirmed dead so far.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By ArchScabby

This really hits home for me.  I used to have a dog named Oslo.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By VIGGO123

It pisses me off that the news are still speculating whether this was a terrorist attack or not, the police have confirmed there was a bomb, so why the hell do they address this as an accident! Open your fucking eyes people!!

Sorry for the harsh language guys, had to let of some steam, really pissed right now...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this sucks. Maybe it'll be a damn wake-up call how woefully crap our so-called "protection" in this city has been this summer.

Dang, I considered swinging downtown and get my hair did today.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pibo47

Damn, i hope everyone is safe and ok. And i hope the people responsible for this are givin a trail and put into prison for as long as they live.